Advanced song creater

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
CANENGBros

Postby CANENGBros » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 pm

K I'm clueless when it comes to making songs. but it would be sweet if (whatever program was used in puppetz tutorial was intergrated into fof. or something along that idea> just the song creater 100% fool proof, like ad song, ad tabs, voila, or something i dunnoo, again im clueless when it comes to making songs. If someone who knows what they are talking about understands what i mean then maybe you can elaborate
DISCLAIMER - Any bits left over around the side of my labels wont effect your game. and will still work, you wont see them.

All My Labels!

I'm starting to like this game.
That one guy
ghfan

Postby ghfan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm

EOF makes it really easy.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:04 pm

A chart editor with integrated tabs would be too complex for a single program and just make it more complicated to use. Having a tab editor (Guitar Pro), a midi editor (Anvil Studio), a great chart editor (EOF) and an audio editor (Audacity) is all you could need, besides a karaoke or instrumental version of the song when there are no tabs to help you and you have to chart by ear.
Blackwater1986

Postby Blackwater1986 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:56 pm

ok personnally i hate EOF my opinion Feedback its the better of the 2 but then again with EOF and Feedback ull get loadsa people voteing for either its just the way it goes as for fretting by ear u might as well take the song you are fretting and use it as toilet paper ive not found a single ear fretting thats been any good
My Song Thread - Pitchshifter, Korn, Reuben, In Flames - FOF Live Tour! Work In Progress
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:25 am

What is it that you hate about EOF? There's also nothing wrong with fretting by ear, it just takes more skill to be able to do it well. 20 or so of my songs were done by ear and I think they turned out very good. Feel free to give me constructive feedback.
Last edited by raynebc on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:39 pm

60% of the songs I want to make don't have tabs.

Especially since most of them I just want to make drums for.

:(

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Which shows that Blackwater1986 is just wrong. I'm sure he'd say songs charted by referring to tabs are always better, but a huge portion of (or maybe most) tabs are created by ear, as it's not like everybody can get sheet music for any song they want. And when tabs are wrong, you have to revert to using your ears for judgement. It really is too bad that so many tools have to be used to produce a good chart, but the results are worth it.
drummaniac28

Postby drummaniac28 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:47 pm

I do all of my songs by ear. It makes it so you can chart live songs unlike Puppetz's songs
Last edited by drummaniac28 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Thoughts ?”