Customizable phrases/Alternative for career - Some of my new idea's

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:54 pm

OK, so I don't know if these idea's have been used already, the search button didn't find any matches. They are fairly simple though:

Idea one is about customizable phrases, and I mean the phrases you see when a song is loading. In the standard FOF installation it always says 'tuning guitar' while RF-mod expended on this a bit by adding more phrases that are randomly chosen. But... What if it is possible to customize this in the .ini of every song? In GH the phrases you see depend on the song. I (Once again) take the mighty Jordan as an example:
"Wearing a bucket on your head will not improve your chances of beating this one... Or maybe it will..."
Get it? So, in the song.ini a line called 'phrase' is added which will be that song's new loading phrase, and if no such line is present in the .ini the standard 'tuning guitar' shows up to prevent possible errors.
Another example of a custom song:

Code: Select all

[song]
name = uber pwnage song
artist = SIM
casette_color = #FFFFF
phrase = "SIM means Some Insane Mofo, you will soon know why..."
Doesn't sound much but could still be a lot of fun, song makers could for example just put in funny pieces of information or just random sentences, making a phrase unique to the song would be really cool!

My second idea involves an alternate thing to career mode, because many people would like it but it seems rather pointless to unlock songs and mods you already have from the beginning...
Now I have seen a lot of games carrying this alternative thing, I am of course talking about the PROGRESS TABLE! So simple and still a perfect alternative to career mode, because you don't have to unlock things but you can still see how you progressed on all the songs! Like four columns (One for each song difficulty) and seven rows (One for each star, including zero stars and Full-combo's), and in the table it is said for example that you have five-starred 8/45 amazing songs already and that 20/45 are FC'ed... Some fun things to add as well would be the number of times you used the 'uptomytempo' cheat or which song you have mostly played etc. There are a lot of possibilities here!

What is your opinion about these idea's?
The Silent . .
tarrende

Postby tarrende » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:49 pm

i like both ideas, specially the progress table
Bissrok

Postby Bissrok » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:58 pm

I don't really have anything to add, but I really like both ideas a lot. If someone made it, I would definitely use it.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:15 pm

I like the phrases idea. It doesn't sound like it would be too big of a deal to code. I'd love to see it in the next version of RF-Mod/FoF. He's already using basically the same code to do what it does now (picks a phrase out of a theme.ini file for either "loading_phrase" or "results_phrase"). It doesn't seem like much for him to give it a higher priority to pick a phrase from a different location when available.

As for #2, I am a stats lover. I am all for any tables/graphs/whatever.
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
smedricksman24

Postby smedricksman24 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:47 pm

Yeah, I would definitely prefer a progress table to a career mode. I thought about something with fans, but progress table is pretty sweet too. And I definitely dig the loading screens idea. I never see them in gh3 because it loads so fast, but fof I usually have time to read the phrase.

And from a computer science programming approach, I think it would be as simple as copy and pasting the old method, but adding the new parameter for the String.

I think.
Last edited by smedricksman24 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why am I on this website? I'm clearly over the age limit of 14.
The End

Postby The End » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:27 pm

Well we should bug Alex about putting it in the next version of FoF.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:27 am

Wow, thanks for the comments people :)! I really agree with it that Alex has to know about these idea's. I don't know if he read them already though...
poison

Postby poison » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:14 pm

I am madly in love with the progress chart idea. As a player who is constantly trying to get better, it would be perfect for me and many many others out there. How cool would it be looking back at your very first FOF scores and comparing them to your current scores?
blah blah blah...
Songs Made: 3
Latest:
Good Charolette - Keep Your Hands off my Girl
lucianorivera

Postby lucianorivera » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:42 pm

I like both ideas, but i really liked the progress table.poison's right,it would be great to see the first fof scores.
great idea
smedricksman24

Postby smedricksman24 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:53 pm

poison wrote:I am madly in love with the progress chart idea. As a player who is constantly trying to get better, it would be perfect for me and many many others out there. How cool would it be looking back at your very first FOF scores and comparing them to your current scores?

OH GOD!

I just beat everything on hard in gh3 again so I wouldn't have to see the terrible scores I used to get...
Why am I on this website? I'm clearly over the age limit of 14.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:19 pm

I just beat everything on hard in gh3 again so I wouldn't have to see the terrible scores I used to get...
That's why it is so brilliant, you can see your progress.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:50 pm

smedricksman24 wrote:
poison wrote:I am madly in love with the progress chart idea. As a player who is constantly trying to get better, it would be perfect for me and many many others out there. How cool would it be looking back at your very first FOF scores and comparing them to your current scores?

OH GOD!

How is it possible to play Story of My Life, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, and Mississippi Queen SIX times...?!!?
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:09 pm

How is it possible to play Story of My Life, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, and Mississippi Queen SIX times...?!!?
I don't know :p
I did them only once and FC'ed them on my first try (Ok, made one very stupid mistake at SOML, 100% but no FC)

Return to “Thoughts ?”