Missing MSVCR71.DLL - Here is the answer !!

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:38 pm

skatej wrote:hey on the FoF file i can't find the Fretsonfire.exe folder could u name another file that is in there

The FretsonFire.exe folder Lol OMG.. that is the main game folder. So your telling us, you dont know where you installed the game? your on your own now! we cant help you with that problem, apart from telling you to do a windows search!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
djerwin135

Postby djerwin135 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:31 pm

i appreciate this.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:37 pm

djerwin135 wrote:i appreciate this.

Your Very welcome indeed! Glad i could help another suffering soul :)
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
ttttt5

Postby ttttt5 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:59 pm

My sister had this problem. She searched it on her computer. Found a random one, copied it, then pasted it into her C:/Windows/System32 folder. It worked after that. So if you search for the file and do not have it in that folder, place it in there as well in case.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:03 am

yeah most DLL files work like that. you can usually either keep it in the specific game/app folder that it belongs to, or copy it to your sys32 folder and it will be read by anything that needs it..
DSchmidt54

Postby DSchmidt54 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:42 pm

Ya i extracted it but it still says its missing
mattyboy11

Postby mattyboy11 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:06 pm

When I try to open FoF it tells me that Python24.dll is missing, even though it's clearly in the folder.
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:03 am

mattyboy11 wrote:When I try to open FoF it tells me that Python24.dll is missing, even though it's clearly in the folder.

Maybe it's corrupt, so either try re-downloading your fof, or download the file and replace the one you have and see if it works.

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
elogateumsato

Re: Missing MSVCR71.DLL - Here is the answer !!

Postby elogateumsato » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:20 pm

i've downloaded the fixed copy, put it in my system 32 and frets on fire folder but stil getting error message any other ideas?
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:27 pm

elogateumsato wrote:i've downloaded the fixed copy, put it in my system 32 and frets on fire folder but stil getting error message any other ideas?

1. Comps specs?
(either list them, or Go to Start > Run and type in dxdiag, and then please post a picture of the System tab and the Display tab, you can do this by pushing print screen on your keyboard, then open paint, paste the picture, save it, open up Imageshack, browse for the file, once it's uploaded, scroll to the bottom of the page and copy the 'Direct Link', then come here, make your post, click the 'Image' button, which is just above the post, paste the direct link there, and post the message.)
2. Fof version?
(If you don't know what version you have, where did you download it from? or if you can get in-game look in the credits)
3. Graphics drivers up to date?
(If you dont know what graphics card you have, then either go to your Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Settings and it will tell you in 'Display' next to the monitor, or you can go to Start > Run, and type in: dxdiag, and then click on the 'Display' tab at the top.
It is most likely that you will have an NVIDIA, ATI or INTEL graphics card, so go to their website and get the correct graphics drivers.)

4. Desktop color quality set to 32bit?
(Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Settings > Color Quality)
5. Any firewall, anti virus software?
6. Anything in your log file?
(Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/fretsonfire.log)

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
neo 64

Postby neo 64 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:49 pm

ive got the RF-mod (which comes with Frets On Fire) but the error message saids im missing MSVCP71.DLL what do i do :confused: :confused: :confused:
ADH

Postby ADH » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:57 pm

same, use this link
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f ... ml?msvcp71
I would also suggest that you try out FoFiX if you haven't already RF-mod is kinda old.
jtownsend90

Postby jtownsend90 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:44 am

I noticed the default is all lowercased in its name, perhaps try renaming with caps? :smile:
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:49 am

Windows is not a case-sensitive operating system, so upper versus lower case should make no difference. It may make a difference for people using WINE though, but if WINE can't emulate the indifference to letter case, then I don't see how it could work as reliably as I thought it does.

Return to “Tech Support”