I found some really odd notechart format

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
szymmirr

I found some really odd notechart format

Postby szymmirr » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Hello! Recently I've been collecting some ancient 2007-2010 FoF charts. Most of them are in .mid format and all problems with playing these in Clone Hero can be fixed by saving them in EOF without making any changes. Some of these are not as simple, for example I've found a song saved in .sng (Freetar) format, but thankfully there's plenty of topics on this forum on how to convert them to .mid format. But what I stumbled upon this time completely blew my mind. Take a look:

And here's what's inside:

Notes.g

NotesLine.g

What is this abomination? Every difficulty is split into separate folders and every fret information is stored in different text file. These numbers remind me of .chart files, but as far I know, these require some bpm information, which seems to be missing. What game was able to read this thing? FoF does not recognize it (expected, but I had to try). Can this be converted to mid/chart? Maybe those are project files for some very old note editing program? I'm SO confused.
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: I found some really odd notechart format

Postby Maupy2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:13 am

Okay this is REALLY weird yeah. But also weirdly amusing to me, lol. Where did you even find this?
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: I found some really odd notechart format

Postby nobby76 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:01 am

Those look rather similar to a vertex array.
Which is a way of listing all the points of a 3d object
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Tech Support”