Noice - Rock Bandish clone for mac

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 2 months and 3 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
brand

Noice - Rock Bandish clone for mac

Postby brand » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi all,

This is a personal project I've been working on for learning and it's also my very first game. It was initially gonna be expert pro drums only, but after I was done with that I started implementing other instruments too. The game is completely in Swift with native cocoa frameworks.

Progress is slow becuase I keep rewriting how the game works under the hood - because I keep learning new things. The last big change was addition of guitar, bass and keyboard (not fully completed yet). In doing so, I implemented a component/entity system which then prompted me to change drums to a component/entity system too which changed how I keep score and broke a lot of things I had already solved. I also changed the database model which changed alot of my code.

Anyway, this is the last video I made of the game if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HDSWaoHJM

I'm gonna keep developing it - but eventually it might pivot to something different

edit: added some screen shots

Last edited by brand on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Noice - Rock Bandish clone for mac

Postby raynebc » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:55 pm

Looks pretty promising. The only thing that I thought might be a bit weird is how the cymbal gems and drawn quite a bit higher than non cymbals at the same timestamp. It could get visually confusing if a chart has lots of different drum "chords" in quick succession.
brand

Re: Noice - Rock Bandish clone for mac

Postby brand » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:38 am

thanks. yeah, i thought it would but i've been playing it confusion free, but i haven't played a super difficult song.

it can still change tho, graphics are taking a back seat because i want to focus on code and still got too many things to do.

Return to “Other Music Games”