FoF-UC2-DsRbV2-CapoBpm-HopoFix-StarpwrReset - Full release of my FoF folder

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:48 am

Here is a ZIP file of my Frets On Fire directory. It is comprised of the following mods:

-FoF 1.2.451 & RF Mod 4.15 base
-Ultimate Coffee mod V2
-Ds~' Rock Band mod V2
-Capo's UC2 fixes (BPM lines)
-Eze_2k's starpower sound = crowd cheering, for the Rock Band mod

-Replaced the annoying "perrrfect" and "my hero" 5* sounds with guitar SFX from original FoF theme
-Lowered volume on SFX that were unnecessarily loud (select, back, starpower, etc)
-Some random stage background I decided to leave there
-also, my favorite flat notes & keys for Rock Band -- as I do not have curved BPM lines available to me yet. (should you know where I can obtain a set of curved Capo BPM lines, lemme know...)

--

I have implemented and debugged (as far as I can tell) the following quick-fixes:

-Same-note HOPO and before-chord HOPO strum bugs have been fixed (for details, see the following discussion: https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=11;t=20772;)
-Removed the requirement for fretsonfire.ini to have the "mark_hopo = 1" setting in order to correctly determine HOPO notes (there were two HOPO-determination functions; an older, outdated one, and a newer one. Which function was called depended on that "mark_hopo" setting, which must have been added for some testing purposes and was never removed. More details upon request.)
-Starpower resets to 0 when restarting a song (I do not believe my fix here will affect Player 2's starpower, I only play solo here)

I had more planned, but got tired of debugging and thinking in the language of Python so... maybe later.

Here's a Mediafire link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pmjenomn4my

--

For those of you who don't like the BPM lines and would rather play on a blank board, go to the theme folder of your choice (GHIII or Rockband) and copy the file "bpm_nobeat.png" over all three of the following files (back 'em up first if you plan to switch back later):
"bpm_beat.png"
"bpm_halfbeat.png"
"bpm_measure.png"

I had the BPM line disabling coded as a switch that could be changed in the fretsonfire.ini file; however, I haven't gotten it to work yet so the above solution works just fine.

---
Code change detail or source files alone upon request.

--
Here's the slightly bent RB keys and notes that I use, even without the curved BPM lines I still like these best:

2008-04-05

2008-04-05

edit: just my luck, as soon as I get this uploaded and posted I notice this must-have beta that needs HOPO fixins:
https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=11;t=20837;

-----

Capo's updated BPM line files - makes em nice and thin again. Now we just need someone to curve em:
http://rapidshare.com/files/104664828/GHIII_Mod.zip.html

-------
Update 4/8 9pm: I've had some measure of success tracing troublesome note patterns through the HOPO logic, and have an updated fix. I still suspect there are some note patterns that cause note streaks to be broken no matter what, but this should be an improvement over the original.

Link: song.py for my full FoF folder release (other versions to come as this gets tested further, once I'm satisfied with it I will modify Ds~Alarian's latest mod and Edis's version of it as well):
http://www.mediafire.com/?m0mzgjxwvnn
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LosBadylos

Postby LosBadylos » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:02 am

Well, still thank you for that great work ; )
Its rly nice that some people are working for other FoF players.
Lil_Bob

Postby Lil_Bob » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:43 am

Thanks
alextrashman

Postby alextrashman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Can anyone host it on Rapidshare? Mediafire stops when I got 99% everytime I'm trying to download it. Great job myfingerhurts ;).
alex_fof

Postby alex_fof » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate you uploading this! I was wondering though if it's possible to remove Capo's bpm fixes and instead make the game load the bpm_lines.svg files like before?
Last edited by alex_fof on Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Alex FoF - sure, I know where that is in the code... however there's a quick fix at the bottom of the first post for those that want to play without BPM lines (it actually makes for a blanker neck than before, less distracting than the incorrect measure-lines ) - just replace each of the 3 BPM line files with the blank one. The correct BPM lines will still be calculated, but they won't be displayed:

For those of you who don't like the BPM lines and would rather play on a blank board, go to the theme folder of your choice (GHIII or Rockband) and copy the file "bpm_nobeat.png" over all three of the following files (back 'em up first if you plan to switch back later):
"bpm_beat.png"
"bpm_halfbeat.png"
"bpm_measure.png"

I had the BPM line disabling coded as a switch that could be changed in the fretsonfire.ini file; however, I haven't gotten it to work yet so the above solution works just fine.

...that is, unless you wanted a pre-Capo-fix version for some other reason? Let me know what features you're looking for / looking to get rid of and I'll see if I can get you some .py files to insert into the library (or another full release if that would be better)

--

Alex Trashman - Rapidshare never works right for me..Mediafire's the one that always works for me and never gives me any limits or ridiculously low speeds. Maybe someone else can re-upload?
Last edited by myfingershurt on Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capo

Postby Capo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:45 pm

It could be that the beat lines that you included are fat and ugly.

These are easier on the eyes, but I'm not really into graphics so they are not the best.
My mod (for fof version 1.2.451):

Latest release (5.23), there's a readme in there to install & stuff (source code included).
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:17 am

Capo wrote:It could be that the beat lines that you included are fat and ugly.

These are easier on the eyes, but I'm not really into graphics so they are not the best.

The beat lines got fat after I downloaded your guitar.py with the fix to allow them to be curved - I somehow misunderstood that the link below that update was to fix that.
Last edited by myfingershurt on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eze_2k

Postby Eze_2k » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:25 pm

cheering is so much better than the original starpower sound

glad i upload it(?)
Pardon my crappy english
Songs:
Megaman 3 - Snake man
Megaman 3 - Boss
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:40 pm

AH that was you! Yes, that was a great change Eze! Crediting you in the first post now, thanks for speaking up :)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:08 am

Bump (tired of editing last post!):

Update 4/8 9pm: I've had some measure of success tracing troublesome note patterns through the HOPO logic, and have an updated fix. I still suspect there are some note patterns that cause note streaks to be broken no matter what, but this should be an improvement over the original.

Link: song.py for my full FoF folder release (other versions to come as this gets tested further, once I'm satisfied with it I will modify Ds~Alarian's latest mod and Edis's version of it as well):
http://www.mediafire.com/?m0mzgjxwvnn
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:35 am

thank you very very very much. Because I am consentrate on the functions of HOPO, Mulitiplayers ETC, so your mod is help me with a better game!

I have saw you update a new song.py, I believed that will give me sense once again!

AND: CAN YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM?

that was, if I pick anything that has no note, the system count it as FAULT.

for example ,the note is :

----1-----------
-------2--3----
----------------

the first three note must use pick botton to pick. If I finish it, and then I do a Pick, I will break my combo.

in the HOPO, that will become worse. As the example of upper, IF the two note were HOPO note, then the 3rd one must to pick. That is obviously. BUT, if I use pick botton to pick the 2nd note(see it as NON-HOPO note), my combo will stoped.

Because, I press the 2nd fret key, the system will see it as I am finish the first 2 note HOPO. And then, I use the pick botton to pick the 2nd note, in fact the 3rd note have been picked, Combo continued. And then, I use pick botton to pick the 3rd one, system see it as I pick a fault, combo stoped.

that is my problem. Athough, it maybe be different from the GH3 system, BUT, if I am a noob, I can not use the HOPO system very well, so I could pick the note all the time. BUT, because of the problem, I can not get a higher combo. I will miss some of the fun.

look forward to your solving!
Last edited by qqstars on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Yep - that's the issue. I had been confused because I recreated some problematic note sequences (like 11132222433333) in a very slow test song (20bpm) so I had lots of time for valid HOPOs... with my latest fixes to song.py, everything seems to work great.

But, in Papa Roach - Last Resort by Blackfate on Hard difficulty, that sequence of notes is much closer together - close enough for the notes to be within each others' hit margins. Normally, the picking of a HOPO note is taken care of correctly because the next note is typically not the same note. But the game needs some additional logic to catch this special case and treat it differently.

If anyone has located this section of code, please let me know where. I randomly happened upon the HOPO code in song.py as I was browsing through it, and that's when I originally figured I could probably fix the marking. Now I'm hunting for the code that handles this particular problem - picking a HOPO.

Friggin Python... :)
alextrashman

Postby alextrashman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:37 pm

This MODPack is probably best one on this forum for recent FoF version. You're great, lil' finger ;D.
barbiegreentree

Postby barbiegreentree » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:40 pm

anyone want to help me out? I just got frets on fire, so I don't have anything. Anyone want to tell me what to get, how to get it, etc. I'm pretty much going to need help for everything. I don't want to be a problem, but I also want these things to work.
Thanks!
:cool: Don't touch me I'm a gangsta

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”