Sunblood's FretsOnFire Random and Playlist tool! - Now with more working program!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Sunblood

Postby Sunblood » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:19 pm

REQUIRES RF-MOD 4.11 OR LATER

In case you missed the old topic, I made a Random Song Selector that utilized the command-line start of Rogue-F's latest mod. I had a couple problems, but most of them were isolated and taken care of!

New to this version: Playlists! Simply create a .txt file with the folders of songs you want to play. Hit "Load playlist" and enjoy!

EXAMPLE PLAYLIST FILE:

Code: Select all

Guitar Hero\1. Opening Licks\infected
Guitar Hero II\4. Return of the Shred\sweetchild
Guitar Hero II\8. Face Melters\freebird
Downloaded\canonrock

(Save this file as a .txt file and load it with the program! FoF will start up and you play Infected - Then you have FIVE seconds after you input your high score to relax, and Sweet Child o' Mine will start up, then Freebird! Cool off with a nice Canon Rock.)

LATEST VERSION: Version 1.05: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L2L0E8BH
[s]Version 1.0: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQ08XA3V[/s]

Please post ANY suggestions for features, or bugs you encounter.
Last edited by raph666 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunblood

Postby Sunblood » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:11 am

NEW VERSION

Minor fix to the Ctrl+R Hotkey.

Version 1.01: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=325NUUIC
Zircon

Postby Zircon » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:25 am

Cool tool B-)
Evil Ken

Postby Evil Ken » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:45 am

great program thx :D
My W.I.P
Gaara's Compilation

My Youtube Channel
GaaraGCM
Sunblood

Postby Sunblood » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:54 pm

I'm glad it's working for people this time :D
Duckmeister

Postby Duckmeister » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:45 pm

This is pretty awesome, too bad it's for 1.2 though.
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:50 pm

Duckmeister wrote:This is pretty awesome, too bad it's for 1.2 though.

My thoughts exactly.
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:54 pm

Awesome! More fixes!
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:03 pm

This is great. I'm still using 1.1.324 w/ Capo/RF3.5/other mods, but the concept of it and how it looks is very nice. Now if you could make a feature where it played random songs one after the other, with the options "Next Song" and "Quit to Main Menu" at the end of the song, that would be cool.
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Sunblood

Postby Sunblood » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:39 pm

jake2k3 wrote:This is great. I'm still using 1.1.324 w/ Capo/RF3.5/other mods, but the concept of it and how it looks is very nice. Now if you could make a feature where it played random songs one after the other, with the options "Next Song" and "Quit to Main Menu" at the end of the song, that would be cool.

I have yet to try this, but it SHOULD work with RFMod version 3.5 if the command line syntax is the same.
Don't quote me on this. You're welcome to try it and see how well it works :)

The ideas you propose would involve editing Frets on Fire directly, which I'm not capable nor interested in doing. However, my latest (unposted) version has a checkbox for "Auto-random" where it will start a new random song after each song!

Also coming are more customizable playlists that will include settings for difficulty and part.

Update: Soon! Probably tonight.
Sunblood

Postby Sunblood » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:30 pm

NEW VERSION 1.03
NEW VERSION 1.03
NEW VERSION 1.03
NEW VERSION 1.03

New in this version:
--Auto Random: Automatically start a new random song when you're finished. Just wait ~5 seconds after you input your name for the high scores and FoF will restart with the next random song, just like Playlists do.
--Difficulty/Part choosing in Playlists. Look at the example playlist for details.

Version 1.03: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=93BB86B7
Sunblood

Postby Sunblood » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:20 pm

Any feedback on the new version? Please? :(
young lukas

Postby young lukas » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:58 pm

Auto Random is awesome, but I have three requests to implemented; two simple and one maybe not as simple, depends on how your code works. The only reason I've finally signed up for an account on the forum though is to find out whether you had the third request in mind.

I no longer even bother loading up frets on fire directly with one exception, because your program has become my launcher for it. It's an awesome program, and I envy not being the first to have the idea of creating it. However, for the playthrough limit, I would like to see two more numbers as options; 0 and -1. 0 would be to only chose from the songs I haven't played at all yet, and -1 to turn the playthrough limit off (or a checkbox would work too). Granted I probably won't play any song for the 100th time any time soon, but if/when it happens, I might not notice that I'll need to set the max limit even higher to keep it as a possible selection.

And the third request would mean not having to pick a song inside Frets on Fire itself at all. If it's possible without too much more coding, I would like to be able to see a drop-down menu that has my songlist loaded into it, so I can pick a specific song to play.

And thank you again for your ingenious little launcher.
Sunblood

Postby Sunblood » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:26 pm

young lukas wrote:Auto Random is awesome, but I have three requests to implemented; two simple and one maybe not as simple, depends on how your code works. The only reason I've finally signed up for an account on the forum though is to find out whether you had the third request in mind.

I no longer even bother loading up frets on fire directly with one exception, because your program has become my launcher for it. It's an awesome program, and I envy not being the first to have the idea of creating it. However, for the playthrough limit, I would like to see two more numbers as options; 0 and -1. 0 would be to only chose from the songs I haven't played at all yet, and -1 to turn the playthrough limit off (or a checkbox would work too). Granted I probably won't play any song for the 100th time any time soon, but if/when it happens, I might not notice that I'll need to set the max limit even higher to keep it as a possible selection.

And the third request would mean not having to pick a song inside Frets on Fire itself at all. If it's possible without too much more coding, I would like to be able to see a drop-down menu that has my songlist loaded into it, so I can pick a specific song to play.

And thank you again for your ingenious little launcher.

That's a pretty awesome response. Let me see..

I've tried playing with the Playthrough Limit setting, and it doesn't seem to work how I would like it to in the first place. Ideally, 1 would only pick songs that you've never played before, however it also selects songs that have been played once. I'll look into it further, it may be a problem with AutoIt3. The 'disable' idea, however, I can (and will) implement.

The last idea is possible but I'm afraid of cluttering the GUI. I'll think about it for the release after next.

Thanks for your input!
Sunblood

Postby Sunblood » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:49 pm

NEW VERSION 1.04
NEW VERSION 1.04
NEW VERSION 1.04
NEW VERSION 1.04

New in this version:
--Playthrough limit will now go to ZERO to only pick songs you've never played before!
--Ability to enable/disable the Playthrough limit.

Coming soon:
--Pick a song and load it directly, bypassing Frets on Fire's GUI.

Thanks to Young Lukas for his ideas!

Version 1.04: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U69AIQPP

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”