drum mod - posting here first to see the thoughts

Everything else in here
This topic is 16 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Lilraptor

Postby Lilraptor » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:20 pm

So i was thinking just now "how cool would it be to play drums on FoF instead of guitar". All id have to do is find a way to not have to press enter, but just hit the note, then make the "drums" using a old keyboard. I think it'd be pretty cool, but it would need songs made FOR the drums, instead of basing it on the lead guitar. Imagine all you guys that can do great on Amazing on a song like six, playing the drum part of that song... so what do you guys think?
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:23 pm

It's been discussed before.
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Lilraptor

Postby Lilraptor » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:25 pm

mustve missed it, was it here?
yogsothoth

Postby yogsothoth » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:29 pm

h3r1n6

Postby h3r1n6 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:45 pm

My prediction is you won't be able to finish it :).

Well its actually easy to remove the strumming part, but the game should only do that for PART DRUMS notes.
And I thought about that:
-You have always 2 (or even more) keys on your keyboard that represent the same drum, like F1 and F3 are snare, F10 and F12 are some cymbal and 1 and 3 on the numpad are a drum, and then you will play with your keyboard lying in front of you playing drums.
-You have to push when you normally would strum
-changed chord detection, so that you can hit a chord with 2 fast single hits (well in the non RF Mod hopos there are HoPo chords, which would also be sufficient for this)
Last edited by h3r1n6 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:19 pm

I allready made drum songs. I never released them. I used green for the pedal and purple for the symbol. I set the keys to match a drum set. (space as the pedal and backspace as the symbol ect.) it got annoying that you had to "strum" the drum notes so I stopped playing the drums on FoF. I hope a drum mod is made.
MichallusTG

Postby MichallusTG » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:57 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rock-band-screen.jpg - look here at the center board. You can use 1234 as drums and Enter for the pedal.
Lilraptor

Postby Lilraptor » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:48 am

what would be wrong with taking an old keyboard and move some buttons around to look like this: Image
of course, the F-pads would be different, but i would make them as much like that as i could, where you could acctually play it like drums. And i know it wouldnt be easy, but im bored so ill see what i can come up with today while im home
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:42 pm

why does it have to be like the rock band drums?
Lilraptor

Postby Lilraptor » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:53 pm

well its just the simplicity. 5 parts to it, and it would be easy to make, and if your talking about the middle part with the arrow keys, because you need them
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:32 pm

if you want to rig together a set of drums you could just set the keyboad on the ground and run poles down to the keys (but have the poles spread out on the keyboard instead of f1 f2 ect.). you can have 4 poles with "drums" on them. by drums I mean buckets, frisbees or whatever. Cut a hole in the center of them and run a smaller pole inside the orginal poles and have old cds or something connected to the small polls. when you hit the drums, you hit the cds which pushes the small poles down into the keyboad keys which activates the note. For the pedal just create one thats connected to the space bar. If your wondering how the small poles go back up after you hit them just attach rubberbands to the big poles from the small poles to spring them back. Now... do you understand what I mean. If you dont I will try to post pictures of my somewhat complicated musical instrument. ITS VERY LOW TECH!!
HeruLuingul

Postby HeruLuingul » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:36 am

Wow. Just.... wow... seems feeble, but I guess it could work.
BTW, the buttons you marked "whatever" in that picture are the "home" button (big one) and Start button.
Lilraptor

Postby Lilraptor » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:56 pm

yea but i was saying they could be assigned as whatever you want them to be. oh and the above idea, pretty ghetto but it would work. Im going to make something like that, but a little sturdier and have some things moved around
Lilraptor

Postby Lilraptor » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:51 pm

Ok so can anyone here upload a drum song that they have? sorry for double-post.
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:59 pm

I would, but i need to finish some things before i release them. I made fat bottom girls by queen but I still have to sync some parts.

Return to “Off-Topic”