Fix for C++ crash bug gets rid of the problem. - Major problem with FoF 1.2.451 "solved"

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 12 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
YMS

Postby YMS » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:34 pm

If you're playing the recent FoF version under Windows, you'll probably have noticed the casual crashes when trying to play a song.

A quite easy way to avoid this is using a mod - especially raph666's GH mod gets rid of the problem (LightGraphics-Mod should do so, too, but I haven't checked that).

If you don't wanna use a mod, here comes a fix for the original FoF. Okay, it's rather a workaround, and a very strage one, too. I don't have the slightest idea what causes the error, but if you copy that PNG file:

as stage_drums.png into your data directory, the drums will look a little more ugly than before, but the game won't crash any more.

(If you would delete stage_drums.svg now, they would look good again - but the game would go on crashing. So it's not a corrupt SVG file, as I supposed some time. As I said, I really don't know, where the problem really is, and I can't tell you modders what you have to regard in creating your mods. If stage_drums can cause a problem, any other graphics file probably could do so, too. None in GH mod does, though, and none does in standard FoF if you add my PNG. Perhaps someone might replace it with a better image, or someone finds a better solution based on what we know now.)

There are other, similar ways to get around the problem, like removing the whole layer 4 in stage.ini or replacing the stage_drums.svg with a copy of, like, stage_light.svg. Which works, oddly enough, since when I re-converted the PNG to a SVG and used this one, that didn't work.
Last edited by YMS on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Ax

Postby _Ax » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:37 pm

Ah ha,

I see what you did there
How about you use the Image
button before you make that thread...
hedis

Postby hedis » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:55 am

I have found that if you run 1.2.451 directly from the source yu won't get that error either. I'm currently testing an exe that I made from an unchanged source and so far I haven't gotten it once with my own new exe.
YMS

Postby YMS » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:58 am

WILDONE wrote:I have found that if you run 1.2.451 directly from the source yu won't get that error either. I'm currently testing an exe that I made from an unchanged source and so far I haven't gotten it once with my own new exe.

No, sadly that's not true. At least it crashes too if you're running it directly via the interpreter.

I don't think that compiling it would help. (But of course, I wouldn't have thought, that adding a PNG file would help ;)).
hedis

Postby hedis » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Well I know that it works beacause that's how i'm running version1.2.451 right now
pimpinlaxr

Postby pimpinlaxr » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:34 pm

i have that same problems up there but it happens when starting the program and i put that picture in the data folder but it still didnt do anything
Signature truncated. Please see this post.
The Megatronic
lunarmage777

Postby lunarmage777 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:43 pm

i have the same problem when loading the program (it plays fine on my laptop but then i have to play it on the laptop keyboard)
Completed Songs -
Son Of X-51 - Powerman 5000
W.I.P.
Mercenary Man -Firewind
Image-->
shadowwolf24

Postby shadowwolf24 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:08 pm

I belive this is also my problem also. But I have removed the 4th line, installed the GH mod, the Light Graph mod, AND copied the drums over... Yet still it crashes when I go to play it.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:46 pm

LightGraphics works fine. Enough said.
spikr

Postby spikr » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:08 am

Running FoF 1.2.451 with RF-MOD 4

Problem: FoF crashes with C++ Runtime Error immediately on startup

Found reason: graphics driver settings (found this problem on ATI Mobility FireGL v5200)

SOLUTION: Turn off OpenGL triple buffering

- Spikr
Last edited by spikr on Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonic99

Postby sonic99 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:19 am

How do you Turn off OpenGL triple buffering????
FretFan07

Postby FretFan07 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:28 am

it should be in your graphics card control panel if you have a reasonable one, like an ATI or a Nvidia

If its an integrated one, you may not have much control. but you should be abl to right click the desktop and find it under appearance settings
serge1231123

Postby serge1231123 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:47 pm

do i have to delete the old svg drums
TNT314159

Re: Fix for C++ crash bug gets rid of the problem. - Major probl

Postby TNT314159 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:43 am

What about when I go to change a system (audio, video) setting??

My FoF works fine, but I need to adjust the audio lag compensation to 115ms. But when I go to do this, this is where I get that nasty runtime error.

I can play through songs fine although I fail most of them because my audio is off :confused:

Any ideas?

ps: I have looked into this FoFix, but I am completely unclear on how to install/use it.
Detinator73

Re: Fix for C++ crash bug gets rid of the problem. - Major probl

Postby Detinator73 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:12 pm

I got an error with the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library..... The error that occurs if I put python24.dll.... Can anybody solve my issue???

Return to “Tech Support”