EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

Postby raynebc » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:02 pm

New hotfix is up. Changes are as follows:
*Added functions to seek to the previous/next time signature changes, which are assigned the ALT+Pg Dn and ALT+Pg Up keyboard shortcuts, respectively.
*Updated MIDI export of legacy and vocal tracks to use the manually given name (applied with Track>Rename) for all tracks, regardless of the track's format (ie. normal vs. GHL mode). This should make it a little easier to author a different harmony part in different projects and merge them into one MIDI file outside of EOF.
*Added a "Note>Slider>Copy from" menu that will allow slider phrases to be copied from another track.
*Fixed a bug with INI export where if any tags contained Unicode characters, the file would be written incompletely.
*Added the ability to mark expert difficulty drum notes as flams (Note>Drum>Flam), for potential future use in Clone Hero or Strikeline. The SHIFT+F shortcut was assigned to Note>Drum>Flam>Toggle. If a guitar pro track is being imported as a percussion track, EOF will offer to treat a grace note that precedes a drum note as a flam drum marker for the later note.
*Added logic to prevent cloning between dance and non dance tracks, since the dance track cannot increase its lane count.
*Improved MIDI import to ignore open strum Sysex markers in the dance track, which are not valid.
*Fixed a bug with MIDI import where files containing an SMPTE Offset meta event would not be handled correctly.
*Fixed a bug with MIDI import where in some cases, RB3 tracks (ie. pro keys, harmonies) that aren't directly supported in EOF weren't offered to be stored in the project as raw MIDI data.
*Added additional error logging to MIDI export.
*Added functions to move selected notes forward or backward by one millisecond at a time, by using CTRL+] or CTRL+[ respectively when grid snap is disabled (at which time the "Note>Grid snap" menu will be replaced with a "Note>Move by millisecond" menu to make the functions visible).
*Fixed a bug where a fret hand position did not automatically reposition correctly when the note at its position is moved earlier than notes in a lower difficulty.
*Added additional error checking and logging for the creation of the config file (eof.cfg) during exit.
*Adds a warning at the end of MIDI/Feedback import if there were beats that were inserted and not deleted to store mid-beat tempo/TS changes in the imported file, alerting the author to the need to make corrections to the beats or time signatures.
*Fixed a bug with Feedback import where text events could be assigned to the incorrect beat marker if the chart contained non #/4 time signatures.
*Removed old Frets on Fire related warnings about the chart audio's sample rate and channel count, since most if not all EOF users have moved on to authoring for other rhythm games by now.
*Disabled the ability to toggle an anchor off if the beat's tempo changes and would automatically have the anchor re-added later by other logic.
*Greatly improved the efficiency of processing beat information, especially where displaying the secondary piano roll on a large chart with many text events.
*Fixed a bug where unsnapped notes would be highlighted in a few scenarios even when that feature was not enabled.
*Renamed the "Create image sequence" function to "Export image sequence" and moved it to the File menu with the other export functions.
*Added a "Song>Place floating event" function allowing a text event to be placed at an arbitrary millisecond position (the function defaults the event's time to the current seek position) instead of being assigned to a beat marker. For now, if a floating text event exists at the current seek position when the function is used, the existing event is edited instead of a new event being placed. These events will display at the top of the piano roll with a red background (if the "top of 2d pane shows" preference is set to display sections) and appear with an "f" indicator in the "All events" dialog. GH, Feedback and MIDI imports were updated to be able to handle floating text events.
*Changed MIDI export to allow the normal notes.mid (which isn't required to be Rock Band standards compliant) to have tom markers in difficulties other than expert (ie. a tom note in hard that doesn't exist in expert).
Last edited by raynebc on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:54 am

Flam notes? Ahn? :thonkang:
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Guitar Hero U.L.T.R.A. : Rockstar UNLEASHED!!!!

Seriously, go give it a looksy.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:51 am

New hotfix is up. Changes are as follows:
*Added "Edit timing" functions to the "Note>Lyric>Lyric lines>", "Note>Solos>", "Note>Star Power", "Note>Trill>", "Note>Tremolo>", "Note>Slider>", "Note>Pro guitar>Arpeggio>" and "Note>Rocksmith>Handshape>" menus that allow the timing of the phrase (determined by the last clicked note/lyric) to be manually changed without having to manipulate note/lyric lengths and re-marking the phrase.
*Fixed a bug with the previous hotfix where tom markers were allowed to write for the BRE difficulty, which could cause the normal drum notes to incorrectly export as toms.
*Added error detection to the creation of undo/redo files.
*Changed Feedback import so that notes are always padded to a minimum of 1ms length during the import instead of afterward, to better ensure slider phrases export to MIDI in a way that is supported by differing rhythm games.
*Added macros to display the start and end timestamps of whichever lyric line, slider phrase, star power, solo, trill, trmolo, special drum roll, drum roll, arpeggio or handshape phrase phrase the seek position is in, if any. The Clone Hero panel was updated with these.
*Fixed a bug with Feedback import where if the chart file specified an MP3 file for the audio, and it was converted to OGG, EOF wouldn't try to open the converted file and the import would fail.
*Fixed an issue with Queen Bee import of beat timings where the tempos weren't displayed above the beat markers immediately after the import, requiring some action such as changing the active track.
*Updated Queen Bee imports to support section names (one or more sections each defined as the timestamp on one line and the name defined on the next line).
*Updated INI export to warn if a GHL track's difficulty is being overridden by a manually defined INI tag in "Song>INI Settings".
*Fixed an RS export bug introduced from the 12-6-2019 hotfix that prevented sections from exporting.
*Improved the warning during RS export when a populated track difficulty has no fret hand positions by having it cite the name of one of the tracks missing definitions.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Queen Bee menus are greyed out on my end. Do I have to have something installed for that to work?

Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm

Ah, I see...huh.

TheFalconZ

Postby TheFalconZ » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Maybe I'm bad at it (that is really possible), but when I toggle a blue note to cymbal, it remains as a blue tom in Phase Shift, advanced drums. I tried to toggle it with ctrl+B and ctrl+alt+C. The other cymbals are working like a charm on the other hand, so I'm quite lost.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:21 pm

Make sure you're altering the correct drum track, there are two of them accessible in EOF. By "the other cymbals" are you saying other blue cymbal notes are showing up as intended or that all blue cymbals are failing to work and only yellow and green cymbals appear as cymbals in-game?
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 pm

I've had this issue before when I charted blue cymbals for REAL DRUMS, but I honestly thought that it was a Phase Shift issue with reading the midi file incorrectly (and perhaps it is).

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:20 pm

The general rule is to import the MIDI back into EOF and if it looks correct, the MIDI is likely correct. If that's in doubt, you can always send me the project file and the timestamp that is in question and I can examine the MIDI that gets created.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:11 am

(surprised I still have the chart to be honest)

Yeah, it does appear correct in EoF...

TheFalconZ

Postby TheFalconZ » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:58 am

EDIT

Oh wait, I found it: the five-lane drum was the responsible! I should have get it earlier when I noticed I could chart orange stuff...

raynebc wrote:Make sure you're altering the correct drum track, there are two of them accessible in EOF. By "the other cymbals" are you saying other blue cymbal notes are showing up as intended or that all blue cymbals are failing to work and only yellow and green cymbals appear as cymbals in-game?

I am working on the regular Drums track not the Real Drums, and all blue cymbals fail to work in-game. Like, I don't have a single blue cymbal when playing, only blue toms. On the other hand, green and yellow display correctly in-game.
Last edited by TheFalconZ on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Femme Fair Gamer
sweetladyamy

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:16 am

Yes, five lane drums does not feature blue cymbals or yellow toms.

TheFalconZ

Postby TheFalconZ » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:30 am

I'm having an issue on some MIDI files I'm correcting: when I open a file for the first time in EoF, some cymbals are switching to toms, and even when I change them back to cymbals while editing, they remain toms when I play or re-open the file.
On the other hand, the notes.eof file saves the change, so there must be something MIDI file.
Both files I try to modify have harmonies and stuff that is not supported in EoF. Does this have something to do with it?

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”