Using your guitar hero controller - It's easy, I promise.

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 14 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Christos

Postby Christos » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:51 am

Can someone tell me if the Red Octane wireless PS2 controller will work with my PS2 USB adaptor? Can I plug the receiver into the adaptor and it will pick up the signal of the guitar? Need confirmation, thanks.
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:51 am

I use mine on my PC.

I dont know with your exact PS2 to USB converter, but I have mine working just dandy.
swirlyrobe

Postby swirlyrobe » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Christos wrote:Can someone tell me if the Red Octane wireless PS2 controller will work with my PS2 USB adaptor? Can I plug the receiver into the adaptor and it will pick up the signal of the guitar? Need confirmation, thanks.

i dont know my signal doesnt receieve :( i dont know if its caus i have vista or if its the guitar or the adaptor
Weskerz

Postby Weskerz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:09 am

I have my adapter and it works well.

FoF doesn't respond as well as Guitar Hero. When it's a fast song, you can forget using your guitar hero controller for FoF because you will miss a lot of notes you are not missing in Guitar Hero. Playing Bark At The Moon at Expert difficulty on FoF is a real mess... Everything goes wrong. But the same song at the same level on Guitar Hero is a charm.

My point is, If you wanna play Guitar Hero songs at expert or even medium for certain songs, just forget it. And it goes the same for any fast custom songs you made.

Another thing is that it takes forever to load a song (Tuning guitar...) or completing one (Chilling...).

It's not due to my computer :X
Last edited by Weskerz on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
B3YOND

Postby B3YOND » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:31 pm

hello everyone,
im having a problem with my key board..im not sure if its just a fault in the first FoF but im not able to hold down green, red, and yellow all at the same time. If there are any suggestions i would be glad to hear them.
thanks
frankenskank

Postby frankenskank » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:52 am

Upper right, click "search". This has been answered dozens of times.

Hint: choose different keys
shadow-boom

Postby shadow-boom » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:23 pm

uh...what about the xbox 360 controller?
yohomates

Postby yohomates » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:11 pm

Don't listen to that guy about radioshack adapters, i just bought one last night and it's been working fine for this game, I have like 50 or so songs for thi sgame that use all 5 frets and i've tried all the fret combinations and had no problems whatsoever. It may only be $12, but don't let this discourage you, it's a really nice piece of equipment. And to the guy above me, the 360 guitar controller connects via a usb port, which means you should just be able to hook it up to your computer and program it.
Last edited by yohomates on Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
matosh.lee

Postby matosh.lee » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:23 am

shadow-boom wrote:uh...what about the xbox 360 controller?

dowload this http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/download.mspx

and then go to key configuration and there.
Signature truncated. Please see this post.
<!--
[url=http://www.explosm.net/comics/986/]
[IMG]http://www.flashasylum.com/db....MG][/url]
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
http://www.explosm.net/comics/986/<br />Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net/....osm.net
-->
swirlyrobe

Postby swirlyrobe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:47 pm

oh the radio shack adaptor worked :D
robichaud398

Postby robichaud398 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:58 am

I don't know if somebody could do this...

lots of new members are asking about using their guitar in the Tech forum, could it be possible to make a sticky in there that links to this thread?
I don't know if it is possible to do in these forums, but it would really be helpfull I think...

thx

EDIT: was so embarrassed at some misspelled word in there that I had to edit them... ''is misspelled'' spelled right? lol
Last edited by robichaud398 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs are as useless as this statement.

''One search button a day keeps the post flamers at bay!''
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:42 am

can anyone help me?

I used the joy2key program and i did what www.althack.com said to do but the GH guitar will not work. I dont think it is even being reconized by the computer. the control panel just shows the adapter connected. i am using a radioshack adapter and windows xp.

WHAT CAN I DO??????
guitard3mon

Postby guitard3mon » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:07 pm

I didn't stay away from the Radio Shack adapter since it was the only one available to me. It works just fine, all I had to do was set the buttons.

EDIT: wolfe, install the driver, then plug your guitar into the adapter and the adapter to your pc. it will install automatically. Then eject the CD and start up FoF. Go to your key settings and set the fret keys, pick, and 2ndary pick, to the fret keys and the strum bar.
Last edited by guitard3mon on Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wtfmates

Postby wtfmates » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:26 pm

Alright, my guitar is plugged in and it is listed in my device manager as an XBox 360 controller for windows. What do I do now?
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 pm

do the buttons work?

Return to “General FOF Discussion”