I just wanna see the charts

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
pLaxton

I just wanna see the charts

Postby pLaxton » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:49 am

I'm a drummer playing off YouTube videos of GH and RB drum tracks. I just wanna see all these custom charts in the same way. I don't need to plug in any kit and actually play, I just wanna see the charts come down the screen so I can play along on my real kit. Can someone please recommend a simple system to add CCC custom tracks (.dta) to a program (like FoF)?

Thank you please
Linkid

Re: I just wanna see the charts

Postby Linkid » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 am

Hi!

What are DTA files, please ?
Did you take a look at FoFiX (v3) for playing drums chart ?

Thanks
pLaxton

Postby pLaxton » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 am

.dta files. They are from the CCC website. I tried loading them into Phase Shift but that didn't work
BlazinBlitzer

Postby BlazinBlitzer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Are you trying to convert Xbox files to Phase Shift?
pLaxton

Postby pLaxton » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:14 pm

I suppose so. They are .dta files but when I look that up I get no info. Is that what i need to do?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:08 pm

Yeah i think that would be your easiest solution.

What ever format you download from CCC odds on you are gonna need to convert it to phase shift. You can get the converter from the CCC site as well.

The most obvious would be run the songs through phase shift and make sure no fail is turned off (if PS has that) so it will play to the end of the song even if you never hit a note.
I think Clone hero can also handle pro drums as well.

There is also another way of doing it, but unless you already have the files, its a lot of work to do. You need the audio program called REAPER and you need the RBN plugin to add on to it. (this is how they make songs for rockband) The plugin is a visual plugin and shows the note chart pretty much as you would expect to see in a music game (without all the fancy effects) But this plugin is quite heavy on resources, so you have to have the display quite small

Obviously which every way you display the songs, remember to put it on the highest difficulty (expert pro, if it has it) XP is pretty much the proper drum track. It has snare, high hat, ride crash, and 3 toms (pretty much any standard drum kit) So playing on anything less than that would feel really cut down. It's also how you would learn a song if you was just listening to an mp3, there is no easy mode on an mp3 right..

I know CCC no longer has free downloads of official game songs, but WE DO :tongue: We have pretty much all of the GH and RB official songs, plus loads of DLC songs. So don't forget to check out our Tune posting section (look in the sticky messages)
I really should go the PS route myself.. i don't, i go the Reaper/RBN route and just record the playback footage. So i have video drum tracks rather than anything running through a game or music application. But i think PS may run smoother than the RBN plugin. One advantage of recording the charts playback is, If you go play drums somewhere else, you dont have to take a whole computer with you to run the charts, just a tablet or something that can cast to a display..

So what i do when im drumming at home. I will drag 10 or so drum videos into a video player app, crank up the volume and play along to them..

TL/DR
Yes convert your files using the CCC converter to phase shift format and run them through phase shift for playback.
Last edited by nobby76 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
pLaxton

Postby pLaxton » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:03 pm

Mate that's absolutely diamond. Just figured it out today. Used CON tools to convert to PS, no fail mode and just played Digital Bath through ten times in a row in utter joyousness. Thanks for the help guys

Return to “Tech Support”