Help with getting Roland TD-1k drums to work with Phase Shift

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Nateify

Help with getting Roland TD-1k drums to work with Phase Shift

Postby Nateify » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Hello!
I recently got a Roland TD-1k drumset and I can't seem to get it to work.
I'm kinda new with electric drums, so I apologize in advance.
So, the TD-1k has a built-in midi controller, so I don't think it needs a rock band midi adaper. Even if it did, there is only a USB-B connector and headphone jacks, so I can't connect it.
When i plug the drums into my computer, launch up the Phase Shift profiler, and hit a pad on the drums, nothing happens.
Do I need some extra software to make this work or will it not work entirely?
Any replies will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
1200+ Sygenysongs
BombDude24

Re: Help with getting Roland TD-1k drums to work with Phase Shift

Postby BombDude24 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:29 am

In Phase Shift, all you need is hit tab to bring up the profiles, then go to the top option, which is Midi Link, then select Link Midi Device (I think it says), and then choose the Generic option. Assuming your kit has the basic setup, one snare, three toms, (optional) three cymbals, and kick, then your drums should work as normal.
boras06

Postby boras06 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:05 pm

BombDude24 wrote:In Phase Shift, all you need is hit tab to bring up the profiles, then go to the top option, which is Midi Link, then select Link Midi Device (I think it says), and then choose the Generic option. Assuming your kit has the basic setup, one snare, three toms, (optional) three cymbals, and kick, then your drums should work as normal.

i have this equipment.Can I use phase shift without taking anything extra.''Madcatz 360 Midi Pro'' I don't need a piece like that, do I?

Alesis Drums Nitro Mesh
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:10 pm

No you don't. As long as you have a cable that goes from your drum brain and has a usb plug on the other, just plug it into the pc.. Most modern elec drumkits have the midi converter inside the drum brain, so they just give you a usb cable. It should detect just like any other device..

If you have never connected your kit to a pc before. There is SOOOOO much you are missing out on. You should have already connected your kit to a pc at least once in its lifetime anyway. Drum brain modules often get firmware updates, you need to be able to connect it to a pc to do that. (my drumkit has only been out for about 2 years and its already had 3 firmware updates) They often also come with software that lets you edit things on the kit, like new sample sets or creating your own kit from all the available samples (rather than having to do it directly on the drum brain) all this requires connecting it to a pc. You can connect the kit and use it to control a music program such a ableton or reaper and if that is running a drum plugin , then you are essentially controlling the music programs drums. You can then record the audio and also record the midi notes.. You can make your own drum songs for music games, just by playing something and recording it..

But yeah, just plug it in, you shouldn't need anything extra to make it work.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Also @Boras06.. What is the roland TD1k like? I've never actually sat down on one or give it a good look over.
Are the drums single or double zone, single means you can just hit the drum pad, double means you can hit the pad or the rim and they play different samples. Are the cymbals single, double or triple zone, single means you can hit it anywhere and it plays the same sound, double means you can hit the edge and the bow and they play different sounds, triple means the edge the bow and the bell all play different sounds.. Is the highhat an electronic pedal or a proper mechanical one?
How many pads and cymbals does it come with? How many preset drum kits does it have?

I currently own an Alesis Strike Pro.. It's a beast of a kit.
The kit itself is amazing, but the drum brain on this thing is just crazy..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Tech Support”