(Discontinued) GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool v1.3

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 1 year and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
GHWT Customs fanatic
zpatv01

(Discontinued) GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool v1.3

Postby zpatv01 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:51 pm

This project is mostly discontinued. If you want custom songs with most of the advanced features, pick up Clone Hero: http://bit.ly/jparaCloneHero

This link has been taken from JasonParadise's stream, check him out! https://www.twitch.tv/jasonparadise

Hello everyone!
With the help of many people (see credits at the end of the post), I managed to create a tool based on QueenBee that works something like GHTCP, but for Guitar Hero World Tour.

This tool will add(!) songs to the game, not replace the ones that are already there. You just feed it MP3s, chart and info about the songs, and in a moment the song will appear in your game, in the Custom Songs section of quickplay.

Quick feature list:
- support charts for guitar, bass and drums, every difficulty
- support all of the GHWT features (overlapping notes, open bass note, 5 lane drums, slider, ...)
- edit already created song's attributes (name, artist, year,...)
- delete song from the game
- separated tracks for all of the music instruments
- sections and drum fills support

Instructions for use:
Attention: This tool supports only FeedBack charts at the moment. There however is a way to use EOF to chart custom songs for GHWT. When you are done charting the song with EOF, take notes_ghwt.mid, load it in FeedBack and hit save. This will create .chart file compatible with this tool.
- Make sure you run this program as administrator!

- If you want to take advantage of all of the GHWT features, you will have to chart the song a bit differently, than you may be used to. Please refer to this guide that I wrote to make clear how to chart the songs for GHWT and this tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zjnqr ... rting.docx
- All music files that you want to use with this tool must be in this format: MP3, 128 kb/s bit rate, 48000 Hz Sample rate.
- If you don't have mp3 for every instrument in the song, just leave a blank space in that textbox. The tool will automatically add silence instead of this instrument. However, it is strongly recommended that you mute one of your mp3s and use it instead of this feature, because when you leave the field blank and you pause the game, the music will not stop playing.
- Please chart star power phrases. The tool should be able to convert the song without SP phrases, but better be safe than sorry :) If the chart conversion freezes, take a look if you charted SP phrases.
- There are three exe files in the folder with the tool, you will only use Importer.exe - the other exes will be called when you run the tool and you don't have to worry about it.

Troubleshooting:
- The music files generation can take a while to process, so please be patient. If the program seems like it froze, just wait a few more moments.

I hope you will enjoy this tool and your custom songs in World Tour. If you have any troubles with the tool, just write it under this post or to me by PM.

Big thanks to all the people that helped me to create this tool:
Nanook - for creating QueenBee
.ocz (the guy that created the All in one mod) - for inventing how to encrypt FSB files and creating the vocals import tool
The_Rock_Band_King - for long support and ideas :)
bluzer - for helping out with FSB files

Again, thank you very much guys, without you this tool would not become reality.

Here you can download the tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/70o9x ... porter.rar
Most recent update here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/569ko ... Update.rar
Last edited by zpatv01 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Check out my GHWT Custom songs!
The_Rock_Band_King

Re: GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool

Postby The_Rock_Band_King » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Just letting you guys know that i will be making songs for WT for expert.

Soon i will make a thread that will have the songs for WT and Phase Shift :)
GHWT Customs fanatic
zpatv01

Postby zpatv01 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Updated the tool to version 1.1:

- Added functions to export and import custom songs (without the need of chart and music files, all is packed to one file)
- Forced admin rights
- Fixed some bugs in GHWT_Convertor
- Fixed always drum fill in drum chart
- Fixed double BPM issue when creating a song

Edit (23:14 CEST): There was a bug in GHWT_Convertor that would fail creating drum chart. It's fixed now. Download is up.
GHWT Customs fanatic
zpatv01

Postby zpatv01 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Updated the tool to version 1.2:

- You no longer have to create mute audio files. If you leave the textbox empty, the tool will automatically use its mp3 with silence.
- Added support for sections. When there are sections present in the chart, they will be used.
- The tool now automatically creates drum fills when there is a gap longer than 4 seconds between notes.
- Thanks to .ocz you can now import vocals into the chart. You just need to use a RB/Phase Shift compatible midi file with vocals and the tool will import them.
- raynebc updated EOF to support GWHT Custom songs creation. After you are done charting in EOF, load notes_ghwt.mid to FeedBack and hit save - this will create .chart compatible with this tool.
THE RiPPER
bluzer

Postby bluzer » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:18 pm

This sounds cool! I'll have to check it out some time.

Great work zpatv!

:cool:
Image .... Image

-=-=-=-=-=- Request Your RB Songs Here: Song Request Page! -=-=-=-=-=-

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Hidden Rock Band Rip!(expert only, Puppetz Style Custom!)
Scrolling Lyrics Tutorial (Rockband Style) 4 MFH-Alarian Mod
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (links updated 10.12.09)
Guitar Hero: Metallica + DLC
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5 DLC (incomplete)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
ALL Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock DLC Downloadable
Rock Band 3: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
Available as RB3 DLC:
~~Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~The Bee Gee's 01 Track Pack
~~John Lennon's "Imagine" Album
~~Queen Extravaganza Pack
~~Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack
~~Billy Joel: The Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~Johnny Cash 01 Track Pack
~~Dragonforce RB3 DLC Songs
~~Linkin Park 6 Pack
~~Ozzy 8-Pack
~~The Doors: Greatest Hits
~~Lady GaGa 02
~~Bruno Mars TP
~~Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
~~Megadeth - Rust In Peace
~~Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With the Chili Peppers
~~Foo Fighters Track Pack 02/03/04
~~Coldplay Collection 01
~~Nirvana 01/02 & Celebrating Nirvana TPs
~~Avenged Sevenfold 01 TPs +2
~~20 Single DLCs

All of the links under this button are dead, its here for an archived version of my old "sig"
The_Rock_Band_King

Re: GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool v1.2

Postby The_Rock_Band_King » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Not sure if this is a bug but the tool restarted and said this is my first time running it.
GHWT Customs fanatic
zpatv01

Postby zpatv01 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:37 pm

The_Rock_Band_King wrote:Not sure if this is a bug but the tool restarted and said this is my first time running it.

Don't delete the old version when updating to a newer version. Leave the old files and just replace the old ones with the new ones from the RAR.
The_Rock_Band_King

Postby The_Rock_Band_King » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:40 pm

zpatv01 wrote:
The_Rock_Band_King wrote:Not sure if this is a bug but the tool restarted and said this is my first time running it.

Don't delete the old version when updating to a newer version. Leave the old files and just replace the old ones with the new ones from the RAR.

I just delete the full thing then make a folder called GHWT Importer and then put the files in there.
GHWT Customs fanatic
zpatv01

Postby zpatv01 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:45 pm

The_Rock_Band_King wrote:I just delete the full thing then make a folder called GHWT Importer and then put the files in there.

Then that is the problem. You delete the file that is used to check if you have already run the importer. For the next time, just leave the folder full and replace the old files.
The_Rock_Band_King

Postby The_Rock_Band_King » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:09 pm

zpatv01 wrote:
The_Rock_Band_King wrote:I just delete the full thing then make a folder called GHWT Importer and then put the files in there.

Then that is the problem. You delete the file that is used to check if you have already run the importer. For the next time, just leave the folder full and replace the old files.

Ok, i will do that next time.
TinyTiger

Postby TinyTiger » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:31 am

Hi, my name is Lucas and i from Brazil, so my english is no not very good, here the problem is in the moment of conversion of drums: the message: 'm' is not a valid integer value. NOTE: download of the music viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56438
thanks for the program :)
GHWT Customs fanatic
zpatv01

Postby zpatv01 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:45 am

TinyTiger wrote:Hi, my name is Lucas and i from Brazil, so my english is no not very good, here the problem is in the moment of conversion of drums: the message: 'm' is not a valid integer value. NOTE: download of the music viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56438
thanks for the program :)

Hi Lucas, sorry for the late response, I didn't notice new replies to this topic :(
You need to make sure there are no events in the chart, except for the global "end" event at the end of the song and the drum accent events. Speaking of which, I should probably make the program ignore non-number events...

If anyone has any other problems or ideas what could be added or modified to the tool, let me know here! Thanks!
GHWT Customs fanatic
zpatv01

Postby zpatv01 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:21 am

Version 1.3 released!

- Updates are now a separate download, you need to download the base version only one time and then apply an update, in a similar way EOF does this.
- Added "offset" setting, letting you to set the offset of your chart, in milliseconds. If you are using feedback, you should set this to 50.
- Returned the feature where when you select Pedal MP3 that has word "mute" in it, it will automatically fill most of the other fields with the same file name.
- The Importer now automatically adds "\" to the GHWT file path, if it is not already there in the registry. This means you no longer have to edit your registry.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/569ko ... Update.rar
The_Rock_Band_King

Re: GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool v1.3

Postby The_Rock_Band_King » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:08 am

In the next version could you add the support to add text files for drum animation, camera views and lighting?

You can make it so you can edit it anytime as it won't mess up if you change it.
The_Rock_Band_King

Re: GHWT Custom Songs Import Tool v1.3

Postby The_Rock_Band_King » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:51 am

Have you fixed the drum events yet?

Return to “Other Music Games”