Guitar Hero Live

Everything else in here
This topic is 8 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
warhol

Re: Guitar Hero Live

Postby warhol » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:00 am

If setlist is the only reason to choose game, then you gotta wait awhile. As far as I know RB4 still only has 5 songs revealed
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Techdeathfan

Postby Techdeathfan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:13 pm

Yeah. I'm so hyped for the eventual setlist reveal. If it disappoints, I'm still buying Rock Band 4 cause I prefer playing Rock Band 4 with friends than Guitar Hero Live by myself.
warhol

Postby warhol » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:46 am

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/17/gu ... ve-e3-2015

Did you guys get a good look at the guitar? three button pairs now so the screen has three lanes but each lane represents two possible buttons. Looks like hell to read HAHA
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:47 am

You'll get used to that, probably. Or not. Idk.

To be honest, now that I've seen this video, it looks a lot cooler already. I thought it was a dumb idea to have a different guitar, but it seems pretty cool.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Expert Pro Drums
Rex_Voluntas

Postby Rex_Voluntas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:57 pm

Does look interesting and different. Quite a decent set list too.
ImageImage
warhol

Postby warhol » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Sure it looks interesting, but I think Guitar Hero should have gone the whole way and done ten buttons. I mean, why restrict yourself? Making a ten-button freboard would make all other 5-button instruments usable to an extent, with the ten-button difficulty a restrict to the new controller. It provides an entire new difficulty level too.

Beginner
Easy
Medium
Hard
Expert

Medium10 (All ten buttons utilized but the easiest variation)
Hard10 (All ten buttons but a bit harder)
Expert10 (As hard as it gets)
Techdeathfan

Postby Techdeathfan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:41 pm

Maupy2 wrote:You'll get used to that, probably. Or not. Idk.

To be honest, now that I've seen this video, it looks a lot cooler already. I thought it was a dumb idea to have a different guitar, but it seems pretty cool.

Yeah. It sucks that the setlist so far has been pretty bad with a few exceptions (Mastodon, Killswitch Engage, Pantera, Judas Priest, Rage Against The Machine).
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:40 pm

warhol wrote:Sure it looks interesting, but I think Guitar Hero should have gone the whole way and done ten buttons. I mean, why restrict yourself? Making a ten-button freboard would make all other 5-button instruments usable to an extent, with the ten-button difficulty a restrict to the new controller. It provides an entire new difficulty level too.

Beginner
Easy
Medium
Hard
Expert

Medium10 (All ten buttons utilized but the easiest variation)
Hard10 (All ten buttons but a bit harder)
Expert10 (As hard as it gets)

That would require actual effort and thought to design properly.
They're just poopin this out cause they heard RB3 was coming out.
Micicle

Postby Micicle » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Im totally open to the change of the guitar design, hopefully it'll make RB and GH feel like different games so people dont get tired of them as quickly this time around.

I am pretty bummed out that they decided to remove the characters from the game and force you to play as a faceless guitar zero in a random fake band full of queer pop-punk rockers in pre recorded video backgrounds that will become stale after the first time you replay a song.

Also its made by the same studio that activision bought and gutted to make dj hero and churn out gh dlc. This may be a plus for you depending on how you feel about DJ Hero but I think that those games were bad and GH Live will be bad as well.
Techdeathfan

Postby Techdeathfan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:20 pm

Exactly. At least Rock Band 4 is sticking to its roots and because of that, It looks so much more fun to play than Guitar Hero Live. I'm still skeptical about both games until the setlist is released for Rock Band 4
Micicle

Postby Micicle » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Im not too worried about the setlist for RB4 since we will be able to import all our old songs in anyway. The main setlist for 3 was pretty bad and I still enjoyed the game alot, just didnt play the MSL much.

GH Live's setlist is probably going to kill the game though. If they dont have a phenomenal MSL theyre screwed since their is going to be no DLC library to fall back on thanks to the new controller design.
Techdeathfan

Postby Techdeathfan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:56 am

From what I've seen so far on the main setlist for GH Live, they're pandering to the casual players. I mean, who would include Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance and expect to be taken seriously. At least Rock Band 4 still has some promise.
warhol

Postby warhol » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:19 am

RedShadow wrote:That would require actual effort and thought to design properly.
They're just poopin this out cause they heard RB3 was coming out.

Tbh that was my exact reaction.

From what I've seen so far on the main setlist for GH Live, they're pandering to the casual players. I mean, who would include Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance and expect to be taken seriously. At least Rock Band 4 still has some promise.
In case you haven't noticed, Rock Band caters to casual players as well. It's a thing for party games to pander to as many markets as possible to keep itself afloat.
Techdeathfan

Postby Techdeathfan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:55 pm

You're right about that, but Guitar Hero Live is being especially casual. I remember when Guitar Hero included lesser known bands in their games to give them attention like All That Remains. Now, they're only picking the popular artists which is disappointing because the guitar setup looks fun to play.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:43 am

Guitar Hero never really included many lesser bands. It's all mainstream and popular bands and songs. A guy on a group I manage on Facebook loved it after playing it at best buy. Best not to judge a book by its cover. :)
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “Off-Topic”