Game you're currently playing?

Everything else in here
Jusey1

Re: Game you're currently playing?

Postby Jusey1 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:04 am

Jama7301 wrote:Fallout and TES games, hell, all Bethesda games, bore me to tears. Empty, unliving world's, boring NPCs, and bugs everywhere that for some reason get a pass... I just can't enjoy them.

Now, I love me some RPGs, I've clocked over a hundred hours in Star Ocean til the end of time, beaten Earthbound and Final Fantasy games several times over... I just don't see how Fallout and TES are engaging.

I just poked fun at you for saying something was terrible and then saying a game I thought was terrible.

We all have our opinions though your ideas for dislike TES and FO3+ (Mind you the older Fallouts were NOT made by Bethesda) are rather invalid ones. (Invalid as in, they make no sense wtf so ever).

Though I know for sure at first the worlds were unliving (they were static) but ever since Oblivion they've been fixing that stuff up and the game world is more living and nicely realistic now for their games. They are also NEVER empty. As for NPCs, some are boring, some are good, and some are amazingly awesome and interesting. Lucien Lachance? Sheogorath? Martin? Miraak? Haskill? There's a lot of highly awesome and interesting NPCs in Bethesda's games. (Note: There are some nice NPCs in Fallout 3 as well but I kinda just got FO3 like a week ago).

As for the bugs... I honestly rarely bump into bugs or at least "dangerous ones". The bugs I see are normally either exploits or minor 'easy to ignore' ones (The minor ones maybe being a dead body or item glitching through a surface or a rock/piece of land miscorrectly placed).

Oh and as for FO3 and TES engaging... They are better RPGs than "Final Fantasy" for sure in my eyes... Mostly cause they actually allow you to roleplay as your own character rather than roleplay as pre-defined character. (Last I check, in "Final Fantasy" you gotta play as a specific character). That and "Final Fantasy" is more of a story RPG that you are stuck in. FO3 and TES series are more of a 'freedom RPG' where you create your own character in a world and create your own story, doing what you want to do... Rather than being stuck in a pre-defined path.

But all-in-all. We all have our own opinions. I play TES series and FO3 because I find them as pretty amazing RPGs plus Bethesda is AWESOME at making an amazing open game world to explore and check out. (Bethesda may not be good at some things but they are definably legendary at creating an open game world, there's no doubt about that and I don't care what anybody says)... I think the only other company which does some great open game worlds (without being an MMO) would be Rockstar and their GTA games.

Note: I honestly dislike the "Final Fantasty". I'm more into RPGs where I create my own character, my own story, etc... I like having my imagination go wild with what I do. So RPG wise, I'm for stuff like TES, FO3, Fable, Dragon Age, etc. (Though I prefer "Open World" over "Limited World").
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Mon May 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Bethesda is the only developer who can get away with releasing an actually broken game because of its fanbase.
BUT MODS WILL FIX IT!.
Jusey1

Postby Jusey1 » Tue May 20, 2014 3:49 pm

RedShadow wrote:Bethesda is the only developer who can get away with releasing an actually broken game because of its fanbase.
BUT MODS WILL FIX IT!.

None of their games are broken. Yes, they do tend to have quite a bit of glitches but only because THEY ARE HUGE GAMES.

Plus every game has glitches no matter what anyways.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Wed May 21, 2014 4:06 am

PS3 version of Skyrim had a huge fatal bug that ate the ram after certain play time. And apparently it still has freezing issues.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:21 pm

I'm amused that the only game you put quotes around was Final Fantasy.

The problem, in my experience, is that games that have silent protaganists that are open RPGs tend to fall flat as hell when it comes to telling a story. That's why I play RPGs, I play for a story. That's why I don't care how linear a game is, it's like reading a book. Having pre-defined characters means that the story doesn't have to compromise.

The more options a player has, be it a morality system or open world, the game has to compromise its tight grip on the story in favor of more player agency if the character is a blank slate.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Jusey1

Postby Jusey1 » Fri May 23, 2014 2:01 am

Jama7301 wrote:I'm amused that the only game you put quotes around was Final Fantasy.

The problem, in my experience, is that games that have silent protaganists that are open RPGs tend to fall flat as hell when it comes to telling a story. That's why I play RPGs, I play for a story. That's why I don't care how linear a game is, it's like reading a book. Having pre-defined characters means that the story doesn't have to compromise.

The more options a player has, be it a morality system or open world, the game has to compromise its tight grip on the story in favor of more player agency if the character is a blank slate.

If I want a story, I'll read a book or watch a movie. Sometimes play a game WITH a story (Like Halo 1 - Halo 3). However when I play RPGs, I prefer creating my own story by roleplaying as my own character and exploring the world the way I want to explore it, do things the way I want to do it with that character.

One of my favorite character's story I've done in Skyrim is one where a Paladin of Dawnguard became the monster he hunts (vampires, if you never saw the Dawnguard DLC) and due to his personality, fears, etc he eventually went crazy... Dropping his Dawnguard quests and life totally and ending up being a nightstalker who hunts down bandits and other bad people, while saving innocents... Yet being shunned and hated by said innocents and forced to run + hide from the guards and others who wants to see his death.

And to me, that's an RPG I love and an RPG I WANT TO PLAY.

Also the quotes thing is something I do normally for almost any title (if I fully say the title's name). Since I tend to say "Fallout 3" as FO3, I don't put quotes around FO3. I do it with names, titles of songs, artists, places, etc too. Not always though, I do forget the quotes at time.
ThomasJalk

Game youre currently playing

Postby ThomasJalk » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:20 am

I mixed up the names. It's the actor playing Tyrion Lanister who is so good. Also, the chick who plays the Khalrisi is amazingly hot and does get nude a few times.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:13 am

It is criminal that this post went untouched for so long.

Let's roll up the sleeves and get gaming.

For my comparative itch, I've been playing Ranked Rocket League. To scratch my exploration and violence ticks, Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain. For accomplishment? Speedrunning pokemon red and SMB3. For RPG goodness, I picked up sukoden 2 and Final Fantasy 12.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:02 pm

Oh my!

I've been jumping around a bit. Twilight Princess HD, Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, Crypt of the NecroDancer and replaying LA Noire on PC
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Postby AlexTaylor » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:14 pm

amak11 wrote:Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam

I just finished this today, definitely an improvement from Dream Team (imo).
I even decided to re-play all the other Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario games again to wait out the new Paper Mario: Color Splash (and Pokemon Sun/Moon) that's coming out this year.

I've also been thinking about getting Twilight Princess HD, I assume it's worth getting even if I have the Wii version?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:21 pm

I played the Wii version originally and didnt even play the Gamecube version. I will tell you, if you haven't played the gamecube version it feels like a fresh game. Not much has changed (aside from exclusive functions). Sharper visuals, better lighting, everything is crisp.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:32 pm

The whole Mirroring thing for the Wii version of Twilight Princess is weird.
Manic Drummer Chic
piinyouri

Postby piinyouri » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:46 am

Had Diablo on PS3 for around a year, finally got a PS4 and upgraded and oh my goodness is it soooo much nicer!

Also finally getting to the Bloodborne dlc with the hubby. We're in a race to see who can finish first, lol.
warhol

Postby warhol » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:57 pm

been a year still playing destiny
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:59 am

Trackmania Turbo - which for me anyway, is the driving equiv of playing Dark Souls. Actually, I find Dark Souls easier :tongue:
Trials Fusion
.. and just lately, The Witness.

Highly encourage anyone fond of puzzle games (such as Myst) to check this one out.
Really enjoying it so far.
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539

Return to “Off-Topic”