FretFanz- Frets on Fire and FoFix Fan Club

Everything else in here
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The one and only
dooght

FretFanz- Frets on Fire and FoFix Fan Club

Postby dooght » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:28 pm

Now, this is not just a fan club- there will be FoFix and Frets on Fire tournaments, there will be chances to advertise your FoFix or Frets on Fire skins, songs, etc., and it will be a TON of fun.

FretFanz is now accepting members. If you would like to join, first you must create an account on this site. Then, post an application below. I will look it over, and either accept or decline. Here are the members right now:

Spoiler:Leader: dooght
Co-Owner: Maupy2
Trusted: Maupy2
Members: SoldierOfCydonia, SexyMuser, Kassu, Ringy666

Here are the permissions for every rank:

Spoiler:Leader: Runs any contests and can ban people from the group

Trusted: You get the rank

How to obtain Trusted: Know me in real life or at least have either been on the site for a year or known me for a long time.

Members: All regular permissions

How to obtain Member: You get it when your application is accepted.

Once a few more people join, the first tournament will begin. To play in the tournament, you don't have to be part of FretFanz, but you have to fill out the "tournament application" which is always automatically accepted.

Member Application:

Spoiler:What you want to be called? (Joe, dooght, Billy, Toot, etc.):
What level do you play on Guitar on the game?:
Have you played Frets on Fire?:
FoFix?:
Both??:
Are you interested in helping me set up contests and also are you interested in getting to be friends with me?:
If so, please give me a way to contact you later.
Have you ever played Guitar Hero?:
Rock Band?:
Band Hero?:
Other band game?:
What instrument/s do you play (In all band video games. Example: Guitar, Drums, Mic, Bass (Guitar Hero), Guitar (FoFix and Frets on Fire)):
Any other information or questions?:

Tournament Application:

Spoiler:What you want to be called? (Joe, dooght, Billy, Toot, etc.):
What level do you play on Guitar on the game?:
Do you play FoFix or do you play Frets on Fire?:
Would you like to be in the Expert+ Tournament? (More info about this below):
If you do, please post a screenshot with your score and stuff so I can determine if I will add you to the Expert+ list or not:
Any other information or questions?:

Tournaments:
Easy-Expert:

Spoiler:You compete against others in the same difficulty by playing a song, then posting a screenshot to show your score and percentage. Winner is determined after the people with the two highest scores play another song

Expert+:

Spoiler:You can only be in this tournament if permission is granted to you. This is for top-notch players. You compete against others in the same difficulty by playing a song, then posting a screenshot to show your score and percentage. Winner is determined after the people with the two highest scores play another song. Winner of Expert+ will be granted the "Trusted" rank for a week, and can possibly help me with the next tournament.

Tell people about us!

Code: Select all

[URL=https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=57829&p=621570#p621570][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qf5Mm6L.png[/IMG][/URL]

EDIT: We have a site now, and a Tinychat room for members to chat with each other!
FretFanz Official Website: http://fretfanzsite.weebly.com/#/
FretFanz Tinychat Room: http://tinychat.com/dooght
If you don't know what Tinychat is, it is a site for people to interact with text and streaming audio and video. You can enter the Tinychat anytime you want, to do anything you want as long as it follows the rules. :)
RULES FOR TINYCHAT:

Spoiler:1. Keep swearing to a minimum, please
2. No harassment or bullying
3. Keep all streaming video at a PG rating, please. It can be up to PG-13 if you are streaming a Youtube video. Decide for yourself what rating your streaming video would be.
4. COMMON SENSE.
5. Have fun!

Last edited by dooght on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 am, edited 8 times in total.

The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: FretFanz- Frets on Fire and FoFix Fan Club

Postby Maupy2 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:36 am

What you want to be called? (Joe, dooght, Billy, Toot, etc.): Maurits
What level do you play on Guitar on the game?: Expert
Have you played Frets on Fire?: Yes
FoFix?: Yes
Both??: Apparently
Are you interested in helping me set up contests and also are you interested in getting to be friends with me?: Well, if you need help with setting up contests, you can always PM me.
Have you ever played Guitar Hero?: No
Rock Band?: No
Band Hero?: No
Other band game?: Phase Shift
What instrument/s do you play (In all band video games. Example: Guitar, Drums, Mic, Bass (Guitar Hero), Guitar (FoFix and Frets on Fire)): Guitar, bass, drums.
Any other information or questions?: No.
Last edited by Maupy2 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
The one and only
dooght

Postby dooght » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Maupy2 wrote:What you want to be called? (Joe, dooght, Billy, Toot, etc.): Maupy
Both??: Apparently
Are you interested in helping me set up contests and also are you interested in getting to be friends with me?: Well, if you need help with setting up contests, you can always PM me.
Have you ever played Guitar Hero?: No
Rock Band?: No
Band Hero?: No
Other band game?: Phase Shift
What instrument/s do you play (In all band video games. Example: Guitar, Drums, Mic, Bass (Guitar Hero), Guitar (FoFix and Frets on Fire)): Guitar, bass, drums.
Any other information or questions?: No.

Accepted. :D

I'm going to post a bit about me too, forgot to do that.....

-- Edit: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:31 pm --

What you want to be called? (Joe, dooght, Billy, Toot, etc.): dooght or Jordan
What level do you play on Guitar on the game?: Medium and Hard usually, now more of Hard. I have completed 2 or 3 songs on Expert, but I have problems with moving my fingers so fast, since they are..... well..... small. xD
Have you played Frets on Fire?: Yep
FoFix?: Yep
Both??: Obviously
Have you ever played Guitar Hero?: Yeah
Rock Band?: A few times
Band Hero?: A few times
Other band game?: I am downloading Phase Shift, and I have also played on a cheap guitar you can plug into your TV. It was like Guitar Hero, but about 99% WORSE. The songs had no singing, and the songs sounded like they were being played on a Xylophone. Wasted my 10 dollars... o_O
What instrument/s do you play (In all band video games. Example: Guitar, Drums, Mic, Bass (Guitar Hero), Guitar (FoFix and Frets on Fire)): Guitar, Drums, Mic, and Bass on Guitar Hero; Guitar, Bass, Mic, and possibly Drums on Rock Band; Guitar, Mic, Bass, and Drums on Band Hero; Guitar and Bass on Frets on Fire and FoFix. I could probably play all instruments on it, but I don't have the files for drums or microphone. xD
Any other information or questions?: Everybody always asks, so I will say right now- I am a girl, not a boy. My username is confusing. xD

-- Edit: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:49 pm --

Maupy, want to have a battle with me?
Hard, Guitar?
If you accept, would you like to do this song?
Invincible by Skillet
Here's a link to the download:
[url]https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=40969]Click Here[/url]

The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Forum was being weird. It did show that you had the last post on this thread, but when I clicked the thread it didn't show your comment.

And for the battle: Although it is a bit late, I'll gladly accept it. [pokemon battle music starts playing]
Funny thing is, I had all the songs from GH Skillet, but I just deleted them earlier today, haha.
Anyway, I will play the song now and post a screenshot of my score. Cya.

P.S, what music do you listen to? I'm a bit curious.:p

EDIT: In my immeasurable wisdom i took a screenshot of the game and it turned out to be a black screenshot. I should've started FoFix in Steam, so I could actually take screenshots.:/ Oh, whatever. I wrote my score down too. It was 185736.
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
The one and only
dooght

Postby dooght » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:44 pm

That's an awesome score. xD
I like listening to Skillet, and I am in LOVE with the song "I Can Walk on Water" by Basshunter.
I also like Linkin Park
And I like pretty much anything on the radio.
How about you?
And you definitely won. I'm not surprised, though. You look like you are really good.
I am learning how to do Expert. On FoFix I have done a few songs (and survived) on Expert, and also on Guitar Hero.
Here's my score for the battle:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/xrts.png/

The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:29 am

Basshunter? To be honest, I did not see that coming, after saying you like Skillet.:p
Linkin Park is really good.xd Skillet and Linkin Park are like my two favorite bands of all time. I went to see Skillet last month.^^ Was really awesome.

Anyway, we could have another battle, but I could set my hit window to tight. That would make it more fair. How about it?
If you accept, I suggest we play Simple Plan - Me Against The World, again on guitar, hard. It was originally uploaded by Tyros, but the link is dead now. So I reuploaded it here.
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
The one and only
dooght

Postby dooght » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:47 am

Sure.
When I get better at Expert maybe we can have a battle on that.
I can handle Expert, but my hands are so small. I can't move one finger to hit the Green on Guitar Hero or one finger to hit Orange on FoFix. I have to move my whole hand. Like, I start a song with my four fingers on Green, Red, Yellow, Blue, then if there is an Orange note I have to slide my hand down one key. That makes it so my fingers are on Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange. Then, I have to slide back to get to green. I simply can't slide my whole hand down or up to hit some of the notes. Maybe when I get older I will be better at it.

And that's funny, Linkin Park and Skillet are my favorites too!

The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Ehh, you're supposed to move your whole hand, haha. And green+orange notes are just tricky. :/
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
The one and only
dooght

Postby dooght » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:20 pm

I dunno, I have seen people (mostly playing Guitar Hero, not computer guitar games) that only move their one finger. Honestly, I think it would be easier

The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh well. I just move my whole hand, and it works perfectly fine.^^ So you shouldn't worry about that. xd
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
yum yum I love chips
ghwt

Postby ghwt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:56 am

What you want to be called? (Joe, dooght, Billy, Toot, etc.): SoldierOfCydonia
Both??: Yes
Are you interested in helping me set up contests and also are you interested in getting to be friends with me?: Yes, send to me PM
Have you ever played Guitar Hero?: Yes. I played Guitar Hero World Tour (GHWT)
Rock Band?: No.
Band Hero?: No.
Other band game?: Phase Shift, Performous
What instrument/s do you play (In all band video games. Example: Guitar, Drums, Mic, Bass (Guitar Hero), Guitar (FoFix and Frets on Fire)): Guitar, Bass, Drums (sometimes Lead & Rhythm)[FoFiX] Guitar, Bass, Drums [GHWT] Guitar, Bass, Drums [Phase Shift]
Any other information or questions?: Yes
1. Will there be a special skin to it? [I ask because I do not know will be taken into attention: Overdrives (Star Powers) and Bass Grooves]
2. Sorry for my english (I'm using translator)
3. Do any of the members of the project like this bands:
-Muse
-Green Day
-Metallica
-Nightwish
-Evanescence
-Jimmy Eat World
-Guns N 'Roses
-Bring Me The Horizon?
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Hey!
Great to see a new member. Welcome.:D (I know, I know. You aren't officially accepted as a member yet. But in my opinion, you are.)

I like Muse and Green Day too. I also occasionally listen to Evanescence, but not very often.
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
yum yum I love chips
ghwt

Postby ghwt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Maupy2 wrote:Hey!
Great to see a new member. Welcome.:D (I know, I know. You aren't officially accepted as a member yet. But in my opinion, you are.)

I like Muse and Green Day too. I also occasionally listen to Evanescence, but not very often.

Thanks! xD
I hope that, I will be member of this new project. :)
I also listen Evanescence occasionally (but listen :smile: ).
Do you have favourite song of Muse and Green Day?
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 pm

My favorite Muse song is probably Supermassive Black Hole, although... I don't really know, they have so many songs! Hysteria is a good song, too. I really don't know.
And as for Green Day, I actually only listen to Uno!, Dos!, and Tré, because those are the only albums on my computer. I like their previous stuff more though, but I just haven't downloaded that yet.

P.S. If any of you want a specific song fretted, tell me, and I MIGHT make it. (Depending on if there are tabs, whether I like the song or not, and some other fretting stuff)
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
yum yum I love chips
ghwt

Postby ghwt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Actually Fave Muse Song: Panic Station
Actually Fave Green Day Song: Macy's Day Parade

Muse: above 95% [includes: 6 Full Studio Albums, 2 live albums, one of them (live albums) isn't complete}, B-Sides from Single and some other stuff]
Green Day: above 60 % [includes: 6 Full Studio Albums (Dookie, American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown Uno!, Dos! and Tré), some songs from other albums, probably 3 B-Sides, Eye Of The Tiger (cover) and other...]

Return to “Off-Topic”