EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8RC3 - Now with Rocksmith export

Postby raynebc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Allegro doesn't work nicely with all sound hardware/drivers. "EAX emulation" being used in the sound driver is known to not allow Allegro play the sound (this may be called various things depending on the sound hardware manufacturer, Xonar calls it "GX Mode").
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:36 pm

raynebc wrote:Allegro doesn't work nicely with all sound hardware/drivers. "EAX emulation" being used in the sound driver is known to not allow Allegro play the sound (this may be called various things depending on the sound hardware manufacturer, Xonar calls it "GX Mode").

i dont have any of that, im not sure what happened, but it seems eof jsut didnt load the guitar.ogg with the notes.eof, i went and added it manually and I got sound
Image Image
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Must have been a fluke. Whenever EOF can't access the OGG file itself, it should throw an error or have you browse for a OGG to open. As long as it can open the file, it's buffered into memory and decompressed as needed during playback. If certain sound settings changed while EOF is running (ie. your default sound device changed), perhaps it could kill sound playback until you re-opened the editor.
No need to fit in!
Oddbrother

Re: EOF 1.8RC2 - Now with Rocksmith export

Postby Oddbrother » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:59 am

raynebc wrote:I previously documented in 1.8b38 that the ability to import star power vocal phrases was working. Did it stop working since then? Pre GH5 files don't have that feature at all, are you certain your files are >= GH5? I'll probably need a test file if you aren't able to get the star power to import.
It only happens when I don't run EoF for a few days, then once I do and import a song first-hand.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8RC4 - Now with Rocksmith export

Postby raynebc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 am

Hi, folks. Time for a new release candidate. Changes since 1.8RC3:
*Fixed a bug with the lyric import where pitchless lyric formats would fail to import.
*Fixed a bug where an event couldn't be manually edited to become a Rocksmith section event.
*Added the ability to define Rocksmith events by using the "Beat>Place RS Event" function, which will offer a list containing the display names of all the known usable events you can use in Rocksmith. When one is selected, the native event name is added to the selected beat. You can manually add a Rocksmith event when defining a text event, but EOF will warn you if it doesn't match one of the known event names (case sensitive). If a Rocksmith event is manually edited to be track-specific, it will still export for all tracks because these events are chart-wide. The keyboard shortcuts for previous/next chord name match have been changed to CTRL+SHIFT+W/E.
*Fixed a bug where the chart's text events weren't immediately sorted after using "Place RS section", which probably didn't cause them to be written out of order during XML export, but was a bug nonetheless.
*Improved XML export so that if no Rocksmith sections are defined, a default "intro" Rocksmith section is written at the beginning of the chart and a default "noguitar" Rocksmith section is written at the end.
*Improved XML export to write hand shapes for each track difficulty. As long as multiple consecutive chords are identical, they will be enclosed within the same hand shape tag, which will end 1ms before the first non-matching note (or if the track difficulty ends in chords, the hand shape ends at the end of the last chord).
*Updated FoFLC to define a track name for the tempo track if it creates a default one (120BPM, 4/4 time signature) for a MIDI based export.
*Updated XML export so that chord changes aren't marked as high density chords, which may or may not be necessary but makes sense since diagrams for chord changes should always explicitly be shown.
*Fixed a bug where yellow gem drum/dance statuses could be improperly removed when merging the note with a red gem (ie. after a paste operation or using classic/piano roll/hold input methods to toggle a gem on).
*Improved GP import so that the tuning is handled correctly (ie. a downward tuning should now always be reflected by a negative tuning value for the string).
*Added a warning during XML export if any tracks use a fret value higher than 22, which may cause Rocksmith to crash.
*Fixed issues where the fret hand positions weren't sorted when automatically generated and the effective fret hand position was reported incorrectly if multiple difficulties had fret hand positions defined.
*Fixed a bug where paste from difficulty and paste from catalog didn't copy the fingering, bend strength and slide end positions for copied notes.
*For compatibility with Rocksmith, the "maj" part of the name will be left off of detected major chord names. In chords where being "major" sets it apart from the non major variety (ie. "Maj 7"), it will use "Maj" instead of "maj" in hopes that Rocksmith's chord name system isn't so badly designed as to automatically alter any chord name where the second letter is m (in either letter case) to reflect a minor chord.
*Improved GP import so that section markers and beat text that match a Rocksmith section name (either the native name, ie. "preverse", or the display name, ie. "Pre Verse", case insensitive) are imported as Rocksmith sections. GP sections that don't match Rocksmith section names are imported as Rocksmith phrases instead.
*The add/edit text event functions have been improved so that you can add either the native or display name for a Rocksmith section when defining an event as an RS section marker and it will automatically convert it to the correct native name in the correct letter case, as long as the event isn't also marked as a RS phrase or RS event.
*Updated XML export so that the maxdifficulty value for each phrase is properly written with the highest note difficulty present within any of the phrase's instances. This should allow the bar graph of section difficulties to be more accurate, and may improve difficulty tracking in other ways.
*Updated XML export to force the bass track to export with the arrangement name of "Bass", since that is required in order for Rocksmith to identify it as a bass track. Since EOF supports multiple bass tracks, only the 22 fret version will be exported if both the 17 and 22 fret version bass tracks are populated.
*Fixed a bug where the wrong phraseiterations count was exported to XML.
*Added a check during save so that if a beat has a Rocksmith section but not a Rocksmith phrase, EOF offers to help you add missing phrases by showing each RS section missing an RS phrase and opening the dialog to add the phrase.
*Improved XML export so that COUNT and END RS phrases are only temporarily added if they aren't already defined. If no RS sections are defined, default "intro" and "noguitar" RS sections are temporarily added to the first and last beats respectively (and RS phrases are temporarily added if those beats have no phrases already, which is a requirement for RS sections).
*Added a toggle-able "Song>Pro Guitar>Remove difficulty limit" function that enables the ability to author notes in more than 5 difficulties (BRE counts as a difficulty) in a pro guitar/bass track. When this feature is enabled, the difficulties are displayed by number instead of by name and the tabs display 3 selectable difficulties at a time. The << tab changes to the lowest difficulty in the track and the >> tab changes to the highest difficulty in the track. The Tab key commands can still be used to change to the next higher/lower difficulty. When this feature is enabled, the BRE difficulty will not be exported to MIDI since it is assumed that difficulty 4 will include a track difficulty for use in Rocksmith instead of BRE notation. When this feature is NOT enabled, the BRE difficulty will not be exported to XML since it is assumed that difficulty contains BRE notation instead of a Rocksmith difficulty.
*Added a user preference (GP import beat text as sections, markers as phrases) to change GP import so that beat text that matches a valid RS section is imported as a RS section, and section markers are imported as RS phrases regardless of the text they use.
*Improved XML export so that the message box displayed at the beginning of the song in-game shows the contents of the "Loading text" song property, or is not displayed at all if that song property field is empty. You can put date/time tags in the loading text and they will be expanded to the current date/time values (see http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ctime/strftime/ for usable tags).
*Added the ability to insert a new difficulty (Song>Pro Guitar>Insert new difficulty) above/below the active pro guitar track difficulty. Using this function will automatically remove the difficulty limit of the track. If the difficulty immediately higher or lower than the new difficulty is populated, EOF will offer to copy their contents to the new difficulty as a timesaver. A pro guitar/bass track can now contain up to 255 difficulties.
*Added the ability to delete (Song>Pro Guitar>Delete active difficulty) the active pro guitar track difficulty. The first 5 difficulties are always present by default and cannot be deleted.
*Added additional handling for the condition of having multiple Rocksmith phrases defined on the same beat. Only one of them is exported. Since the COUNT phrase is placed on the first beat marker if it doesn't already exist in the chart, and the END phrase is likewise placed on the last beat in the chart if it doesn't already exist, EOF will warn if the first or last beat already contains a phrase when one of the two default phrases is added during XML export.
*Changed the automatic generation of fret hand positions to only account for a playable fretting hand range of 4 frets anywhere on the neck, keeping consistent with Rocksmith's limitation that the anchor position and chord boxes can only be displayed as being 4 frets wide. Automatically generated fret hand positions for Rock Band 3 will still create more efficient fret hand positions, where the player's fret hand range is based on the chords authored in the chart. Also, if an open note/chord is present, it will now receive the fret hand position needed for the next non open note/chord. This will allow Rocksmith to pan to the next fretted note sooner, avoiding issues where the camera stays in place for open notes and then has to move drastically for the next fretted note. Also, the fret hand positions that are automatically generated will now no longer be higher than fret 19, reflecting the highest supported fret value in Rocksmith and Rock Band 3.
*Added logic to XML export so that RS phrases, RS sections, chord names, lyric text, the loading text, RS events, the song title and the arrangement name are checked for special characters (", ', <, >, &) that are required to be escaped in XML and converts them automatically (ie. < becomes &lt;). If the expanded string is longer than is valid for the item in particular, EOF gives a warning but continues. Newer versions of the toolkit will truncate any of these items if they are too long, but older versions could cause the toolkit to fail compilation with an "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow" error.
*Improved the handshapes written to XML so that each handshape ends at the end of its last repeated chord, instead of extending up to the next non repeating note. This allows the fretboard displayed in Rocksmith to be cleared when there are long durations between chords.
*Improved Beat>Anchor by allowing the position for the selected beat to be given to the millisecond.
*Changed XML export so that notes that have bend or slide status are never written with a length of zero, since they are expected to have a sustain length in-game.
*Added a function (Song>Pro Guitar>Hand positions>Copy from) to replace the current track difficulty's fret hand positions with those from another difficulty.
*Made a minor change to GP import so that tie notes that are transcribed to overlap other notes are truncated, since overlapping notes are not supported in Rock Band and probably not in Rocksmith either.
*Added an "Edit>Paste from difficulty" function allowing you to copy the content from any difficulty in the current track into the active difficulty.
*Updated "Song>Leading Silence" to delete the WAV file created for use in Rocksmith, so that the updated chart audio can be written to WAV during the next save operation.
*Fixed a bug where clicking and dragging the first beat marker would cause incorrect grid snap behavior.
*Increased the limit of each type of section to 200, as some Guitar Hero files exceeded the previous limit (ie. had more than 100 slider sections in a guitar track).
*Added a "Note>Drum>Remove rim shot" function.
*Added an additional drum track (PART REAL_DRUMS_PS) for use in Phase Shift. This drum track will behave similarly to the original "PART DRUMS" track, but "PART DRUMS" will now no longer allow addition of hi hat or rim shot notations, as requested by the Phase Shift developers. This is necessary in various cases where a single drum track cannot behave appropriately in the multiple different drum modes Phase Shift allows. The ability to remove these statuses from notes in PART DRUMS is allowed, as it will be needed when porting to this new Phase Shift standard (copy/paste the notes from "PART DRUMS" into "PART REAL_DRUMS_PS", then remove the hi-hat and rim shot statuses from "PART DRUMS").

Like with the previous release candidate, tons of updates for Rocksmith authoring, but there were some non Rocksmith improvements and a bug with clicking and dragging the first beat marker was corrected.
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:49 am

I'm having a problem with the latest version of EOF in that I can't save any projects. I just get an error message saying directory doesn't exist. I thought it was a security problem on Win7, but it does the same with WinXP. I'll come back later with more details after reproducing the problem when i get the chance, and I haven't had a chance to see if the three older versions have the same problem (1.3-1.4 and 1.5)
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:29 pm

you mean eof_log.txt? All I'm getting from that is (from the point where it talks about saving):

Code: Select all

434:    Saving project
434: eof_save_song() entered
434:    Project saved
434: eof_fix_window_title() entered
434: eof_prepare_undo() entered
434: eof_undo_add() entered
434: eof_detect_difficulties() entered
434: eof_adjust_note_length() entered
434: eof_music_rewind() entered
434: eof_music_play() entered
434:    Starting playback
434: eof_mix_find_claps() entered
434: eof_mix_start() entered
434: eof_mix_start_helper() entered
434: eof_music_play() entered
434:    Stopping playback
434: eof_emergency_stop_music() entered
434: eof_switch_out_callback() entered
434: eof_switch_in_callback() entered
434: eof_switch_in_callback() entered

I've tried moving the folder around. Right now it is in the Users\Public directory.

And the error I'm getting is:
Could not create folder!
C:\Users\me\Desktop\FretsOnFire-1.2.451-RF-mod-4.12-win32\data\songs\Classy\Kenji Kondo - Mozart Symphony 24
Ensure that the specified folder name is valid and
the Song Folder is configured to a non write-restricted area.
(File->Song Folder)

And I get a similar error even if I try to save as to a different location.

Edit: Oh yes, I forgot to mention that before all this I get a "Folder no longer exists. Recreate folder?" message.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:45 pm

The "public" user profile is restricted in Windows Vista/7 unless the program gains administrator access (it prompts you and you allow it) or unless you started the program by right clicking on it and specifying to run it as "administrator". This is how the User Account Control security mechanism works. If you save the project in your user profile (ie. someplace on your account's desktop), it shouldn't be an issue.
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:57 pm

It prompted, I allowed, but it still didn't work. I tried saving it to my desktop and it didn't work. Just gave the same error.

BTW, I'm actually doing everything from the user profile, not the "public" profile, but EOF just happens to be in the public folder. Maybe I'll try moving the EOF folder out of the public profile directory. I'll also try the right-click thing.
aka drumbilical
italianstal1ion

Postby italianstal1ion » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:20 pm

*Added an additional drum track (PART REAL_DRUMS_PS) for use in Phase Shift. This drum track will behave similarly to the original "PART DRUMS" track, but "PART DRUMS" will now no longer allow addition of hi hat or rim shot notations, as requested by the Phase Shift developers. This is necessary in various cases where a single drum track cannot behave appropriately in the multiple different drum modes Phase Shift allows. The ability to remove these statuses from notes in PART DRUMS is allowed, as it will be needed when porting to this new Phase Shift standard (copy/paste the notes from "PART DRUMS" into "PART REAL_DRUMS_PS", then remove the hi-hat and rim shot statuses from "PART DRUMS").

1. So if we have hi-hat or rim notation in PART_DRUMS, will it be ignored by Phase Shift or does it have to be removed?
2. If we open an old PART_DRUMS chart in the new EOF, will it remove hi-hat/rim shot notation?
3. Basically, to have hi-hat notation, we have to copy our PART_DRUMS charts into PART REAL_DRUMS_PS?
Index of all Drum Topics on the Forum in one convenient place
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Drum Project 7 Released!
Drum Project 8 Released!
Drum project 9 Released!!
Image My personal topic.
Can't get enough?

Spoiler:Image Feedback + EOF Pro Notation
Image Albelgim collaboration
If you appreciate my work and would like to see more, a donation would certainly motivate me! Thank you.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:19 pm

1. I doubt the Phase Shift devs removed support for the features in PART DRUMS, but you may want to check with them on that.
2. EOF won't remove the notations if they're already there, it just won't let you add them anymore. It will let you use the "remove" functions from the note menu to clear them though (ie. after you copy+paste the notes into the new drum track).
3. For new charts, you may need to do this.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:45 pm

If you right click on eof.exe, go to its properties>compatibility tab, you should be able to enable the option for it to always run "as an administrator". After doing this, when you open EOF, Windows will prompt you whether or not to allow the program to make changes to the computer (allow it to run with administrator access, even if it's not making any "changes" to the OS).

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”