My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Everything else in here
This topic is 11 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby Jama7301 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Hey blaze, how's your engine development coming along?

-- Edit: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:40 pm --

Hey blaze, how's your engine development coming along?
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:20 am

Pretty good seeing that I've had 5 classes, 4 clubs, and a job this semester.

https://github.com/nhydock/FF1-Battle-System
Graxic

Postby Graxic » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:59 pm

I don't see what the hate is all about. You've seen the Orbital Friendship Cannon, don't make us get the rest of the Friendship Arsenal out.
Honestly, can't guys be secure enough in their own masculinity to watch any show, regardless of the target demographic. Besides, Lauren Faust said it was designed for little girls and their parents, including adult males. Therefore, it should be watchable by males of any age. I'll repeat something that's been on My Little Brony many times. "One does not simply become gay by watching a TV show."
Graxic is best egghead.
Remember, bronies and pegasisters! LOVE! TOLERATE! FOR EQUESTRIA!
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:28 pm

It's less about the content and more about the fact that it's everywhere.

It's weird because of social constructions like masculinity, as you posted, but beyond that, the product was targeted towards 10 year old girls, so this switch up in target demographic is highly unusual. It would be like if the next Call of Duty title was "Soap Teaches Typing" and had a picture of Disneyland on the cover.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Egghead...

Graxic = KTown?

/off-topic
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 am

Graxic wrote:I don't see what the hate is all about. You've seen the Orbital Friendship Cannon, don't make us get the rest of the Friendship Arsenal out.
Honestly, can't guys be secure enough in their own masculinity to watch any show, regardless of the target demographic. Besides, Lauren Faust said it was designed for little girls and their parents, including adult males. Therefore, it should be watchable by males of any age. I'll repeat something that's been on My Little Brony many times. "One does not simply become gay by watching a TV show."
Graxic is best egghead.
Remember, bronies and pegasisters! LOVE! TOLERATE! FOR EQUESTRIA!

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:36 pm

lol what a fageot
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Welcome back Vedi.
beebe

Postby beebe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:22 am

As soon as I saw this thread, I thought, "oh gosh I wonder how much rage and arguing and such has already happened." Which only about half the thread is arguing. But honestly, I personally enjoy the show, but I enjoy it because I find that the writing is good, as is the animation and I like quite a bit of the humor found in the show. I saw a few people say, "Isn't that for little kids?" or "Isn't that for girls?" honestly, the same thing happened with Power Puff Girls, if you didn't know. And just because something is made for kids doesn't mean it can't be open to an adult audience, just look at other kids shows that have gained popularity among adults, such as, Spongebob Square pants, Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra (The best show ever mind you), Adventure Time, Invader Zim, Phineas and Ferb, virtually any Disney and Pixar movie. But those are just things that were originally meant for kids to watch, but gained popularity among adults, however, there is still the, "isn't it for girls?" thing. This is something that I do have a bit of trouble answering because it is meant for young girls. But I think sometimes people just find enjoyment out of unexpected things. I think it's a good show, and if you don't that's fine that just means it's not your thing.

All in all though, I would recommend this video made by a good friend of mine that gives a very good analysis on the whole brony subject, it's good for people that hate the fandom and are part of it.

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:01 pm

I enjoy posting random things about the Brony community and cool stuff that happens within it. I'm going to post about some of the games mentioned again today

For those of you who like Mario Kart or other Kart racing games, there's a game in development whose quality is actually pretty high. It's not just some reskin of Mario Kart, it's an actual game all its own made with Ogre 3D as its base engine.

Fighting is Magic has also been coming along really well and has changed art direction slightly to feature some cool heavy scratchy inking style reminiscent of Street Fighter, but it's only featured in the menus so the game itself still has that MLP feel.

I also presented a tech demo of my game at Too Many Games 2012 this past weekend. This tech demo can be downloaded from my github for you to test out.
xLixingx

Postby xLixingx » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Oh, and anyone thrilled for Fighting is Magic? I hear it will be amazing. At least I think it will. It has awesome music.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:37 am

oh my god what just happened
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
xLixingx

Postby xLixingx » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:46 pm

aander91 wrote:oh my god what just happened

the most amazing thing you have ever seen
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Whoa whoa whoa everypony settle down.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:39 pm

dat season 3 premiere

Return to “Off-Topic”