EOF 1.8RC12 - Now with Rocksmith 2014 support

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Re: EOF 1.8b6 - Dance track export now available

Postby vandorb12 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:46 am

Thanks for that.
To keep this train rolling, when will the conflicts be taken care off? What are the conflicts? =P
sure, i could be trolling a bit, but I'm curious nonetheless.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)
The one, the only, the fretter of The Barebones.

Spoiler:Facebook

Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:26 am

raynebc wrote:GH slider phrases can use the same MIDI note and velocity as RB forced HOPO phrases, so we'd need to implement a custom phrase marker that's defined in the song.ini file or something like that.

With that in mind, can the same be done to the conflicts with the bass open strum and green note forced HO/PO?
YouTube (Rocksmith!)

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.8b7 - Now with better RBN support

Postby raynebc » Sun May 08, 2011 5:52 am

The 1.8 beta release is now available in the first post.
Changes since 1.8b6:
*Fixed a crash that could occur when parsing song.ini during MIDI import.
*Fixed a crash that would occur when accessing the menu when no chart was loaded.
*Fixed a crash that could occur when pushing the MIDI offset forward or back by one beat.
*Made improvements to the Mac makefile.
*Made many improvements to the MIDI export logic: Fixing a bug that could cause 0 length notes, improving phrase-less lyric correction and creation of other elements needed for Rock Band Network.

I tested one of my 1.7x era charts (has vocals and drums), and EOF now saves a MIDI file that builds in Magma with no errors or warnings, resulting in a shiny new .rba file. No additional MIDI editing was necessary. This should make it more convenient for people who create/test songs in Audition mode, both for customs and for legitimate Rock Band Network authoring. Each track is likely to have some special requirements (like the drum track has some required events that EOF now adds automatically), but please send Magma build errors my way if you run into any and I'll try to help resolve them.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:20 pm

That's really awesome that your incorperating RBN with EOF. If I had a 360 with RBN and such I'd use this feature constantly.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed May 11, 2011 6:58 pm

There are some good discussions going on over at ScoreHero for converting RBA files to CON files to get them into your RB3 song library without modding the Xbox 360. I haven't quite worked up the nerve to try it myself, as even if people are saying they haven't been banned yet for playing customs this way, the danger is always there. Scores upload to Rock Band servers when you play a custom (possibly only if you're signed into Xbox Live), so they'll have your console and IP address logged. One disappointment I've run into so far is that Magma will refuse to completely compile a MIDI that has pro guitar tracks. It might be possible to just build a .rba file with the standard RBN tracks and add the pro guitar as some kind of upgrade, there's been some discussion about how to make custom pro upgrades, so I'll keep my eyes open for more findings.
Kickass Drum Charter
tadracing99

Postby tadracing99 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 pm

raynebc wrote:There are some good discussions going on over at ScoreHero for converting RBA files to CON files to get them into your RB3 song library without modding the Xbox 360. I haven't quite worked up the nerve to try it myself, as even if people are saying they haven't been banned yet for playing customs this way, the danger is always there. Scores upload to Rock Band servers when you play a custom (possibly only if you're signed into Xbox Live), so they'll have your console and IP address logged. One disappointment I've run into so far is that Magma will refuse to completely compile a MIDI that has pro guitar tracks. It might be possible to just build a .rba file with the standard RBN tracks and add the pro guitar as some kind of upgrade, there's been some discussion about how to make custom pro upgrades, so I'll keep my eyes open for more findings.

I would also be quite interested in this, but I haven't gathered up the nerve yet either.
ImageMy Frets on Fire Songs(Drums and Guitar)
CURRENTLY 217 SONGS!

-------------------------------------------
Nightwish - Century Child (Expert Guitar and Drums Expert+)
-------------------------------------------
The Entire Nightwish Discography
Yes! It's Done
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:02 am

Oh my God, incredible.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm

fatdog wrote:makes me so happy i could dance .....but only to oncoming to arrows

hint hint
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
beebe

Postby beebe » Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm not sure if this is a problem with FoFiX or EOF but I charted a song on guitar and in certain parts that have fast strumming, 32nd snap notes, various notes are missing. I went back and to check the .midi and the notes are there but not when I play it in FoFiX. I'm using EOF 1.8b7 and FoFiX 3.1 (whatever the newest FoFiX is before 4.0).

I meant the .eof file not the .midi, but when I did import the .midi in the notes that were missing had a black dot instead of the usual white one for some reason.

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

( 'o')/
davidsevenfold

Postby davidsevenfold » Sat May 14, 2011 12:51 am

is it possible to get customs on the wii version of RB3? O:
GHWT 4.0 theme is currently at a hault :v
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat May 14, 2011 12:57 am

beebe wrote:I'm not sure if this is a problem with FoFiX or EOF but I charted a song on guitar and in certain parts that have fast strumming, 32nd snap notes, various notes are missing. I went back and to check the .midi and the notes are there but not when I play it in FoFiX. I'm using EOF 1.8b7 and FoFiX 3.1 (whatever the newest FoFiX is before 4.0).

I meant the .eof file not the .midi, but when I did import the .midi in the notes that were missing had a black dot instead of the usual white one for some reason.

A black dot means that it was marked as "crazy" due to it overlapping another note. If saving the chart in 1.8b7 causes this to happen, please send me the chart files so I can take a look at it.

davidsevenfold wrote:is it possible to get customs on the wii version of RB3? O:

I believe so, but without researching it myself, I think you'd probably have to create a custom disc or something, which is harder than importing CON files.
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:18 am

davidsevenfold wrote:is it possible to get customs on the wii version of RB3? O:

I hope the RawkSD team will release something soon =)
YouTube (Rocksmith!)

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”