- Phase Shift -

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Re: Phase Shift [v0.71]

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:20 pm

awesome news knapster!
Image Image
LongTimeGoner
PiXeLaDo

Postby PiXeLaDo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:46 am

Asskickulater wrote:awesome news knapster!

Get outta my mind.

*starts countdown on phone*
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:17 am

WOOHOO

Now I can try out my Keyboard chart.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

fatdog

Postby fatdog » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:33 am

keys are not in this version, im not sure where this idea come from
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:53 am

I managed to get 5 lanes keys working but only by simply picking up on the keys track and running it through the standard guitar handler. But that was just a quick fix to see if it worked to check if the keys standard was the same as Guitar. Proper keys should be faily easy to get running when I'm finished with Real Guitar / Bass but it won't be in the next release.

@raynebc : I'm almost finished with the first phase of the theme code so I'm about to get back to looking into the RB3 MIDI standard to figure out these HOPO's and Slides. Also I fixed the chord name issue that was causing problems in your test song where some were not showing up.

Thanks
David
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:39 pm

raynebc wrote:Cool. I think most of everything in the MIDI format is figured out by now, but the more eyes, the merrier.

Have you worked out exactly how the slides work then?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:59 pm

I posted all of the different slide markers in the RB3 MIDI spec thread, but I have not seen any kind of pattern. You might have to just check the velocity against each possible slide value, like EOF currently does:

Code: Select all

if((eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 104) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 105) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 106) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 107) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 108) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 109) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 112) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 115) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 116) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 117))
{   //If this note uses any of the velocities representing a slide down section
   (This is a slide down phrase)
}
else if((eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 102) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 103) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 110))
{   //If this note uses any of the velocities representing a slide up section
   (This is a slide up phrase)
}

As you can see, there are many more velocities used for down slide phrases than up slide phrases. So far, every chart I've imported and checked with this logic appeared to identify the slides correctly.
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 pm

raynebc wrote:I posted all of the different slide markers in the RB3 MIDI spec thread, but I have not seen any kind of pattern. You might have to just check the velocity against each possible slide value, like EOF currently does:

Code: Select all

if((eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 104) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 105) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 106) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 107) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 108) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 109) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 112) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 115) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 116) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 117))
{   //If this note uses any of the velocities representing a slide down section
   (This is a slide down phrase)
}
else if((eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 102) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 103) || (eof_import_events[i]->event[j]->d2 == 110))
{   //If this note uses any of the velocities representing a slide up section
   (This is a slide up phrase)
}

As you can see, there are many more velocities used for down slide phrases than up slide phrases. So far, every chart I've imported and checked with this logic appeared to identify the slides correctly.

Hmm, that's odd as I thought that the velocity was linked to the lowest velocity of the notes it's effecting.

David
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:24 pm

raynebc wrote:I haven't noticed anything like that, but it's hard to say. If I find that EOF imports any slides incorrectly, I'll investigate further.

I've found a few, but I'll post them in the EOF topic.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:09 pm

When I play, the game and the music goes slightly out of sync over time. The notes cross the strike line later than they should at the end of the song, but they're on time at the beginning. This causes me to miss a lot of notes (by playing them too late) at the end of the song. I've tried a bunch of charts including some Harmonix charts so I doubt it's a sync issue in the songs themselves, and the songs work fine in FoFiX. I've tried setting the AV delay down to compensate, but then I end up playing the notes at the beginning of the song too early. If I use the average delay option, and play according to ear, I find that at the end of the song, my average delay has dropped (become more negative) by around 20ms from its original value. My FPS is a solid 60-62, so I doubt that's the issue.

Does anyone know a fix, or is it a problem with the game itself?

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
THE HYPNOTOAD!
thekiwimaddog

Postby thekiwimaddog » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:49 pm

coolguy567 wrote:When I play, the game and the music goes slightly out of sync over time. The notes cross the strike line later than they should at the end of the song, but they're on time at the beginning. This causes me to miss a lot of notes (by playing them too late) at the end of the song. I've tried a bunch of charts including some Harmonix charts so I doubt it's a sync issue in the songs themselves, and the songs work fine in FoFiX. I've tried setting the AV delay down to compensate, but then I end up playing the notes at the beginning of the song too early. If I use the average delay option, and play according to ear, I find that at the end of the song, my average delay has dropped (become more negative) by around 20ms from its original value. My FPS is a solid 60-62, so I doubt that's the issue.

I've never hard of this bug before but I have re-written the timing code since the last version because of some issues so it might be resolved in the next release which should hopefully be this weekend.

Thanks
David
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:38 pm

thekiwimaddog wrote:
coolguy567 wrote:When I play, the game and the music goes slightly out of sync over time. The notes cross the strike line later than they should at the end of the song, but they're on time at the beginning. This causes me to miss a lot of notes (by playing them too late) at the end of the song. I've tried a bunch of charts including some Harmonix charts so I doubt it's a sync issue in the songs themselves, and the songs work fine in FoFiX. I've tried setting the AV delay down to compensate, but then I end up playing the notes at the beginning of the song too early. If I use the average delay option, and play according to ear, I find that at the end of the song, my average delay has dropped (become more negative) by around 20ms from its original value. My FPS is a solid 60-62, so I doubt that's the issue.

I've never hard of this bug before but I have re-written the timing code since the last version because of some issues so it might be resolved in the next release which should hopefully be this weekend.

Thanks
David
To be honest, I can't seem to reproduce the issue using the flat-keyboard controls (as opposed to upside-down keyboard) or using a bot. It could just be that my hand gets tired and I play the notes more slowly, so there's a bigger delay between when I think I play the note and when I actually play it, or something. It's just that I never noticed this in FoFiX, but I think FoFiX has a bigger timing window anyway.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)

Return to “Other Music Games”