Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Ver. 1.0 Final Released!]

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Re: Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Is it done? You tell me!]

Postby slantyr » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:56 pm

you can release the theme without custom stars but i think they would help set it apart, :)

the vocals and such, i kinda feel the same way as you about the graphics involved.

scrolling lyrics and maybe 2line should be supported (they look good)

if by counter you mean the score meter you don't have to change it just add to it to make it your own ;)

release it now if your ready then add more, i know you've allready done alot :cool:
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Re: Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Is it done? You tell me!]

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:30 pm

slantyr wrote:you can resease the theme without custom stars but i think they would help set it apart, :)

the vocals and such, i kinda feel the same way as you about the graphics involved.

scrolling lyrics and maybe 2line should be supported (they look good)

if by counter you mean the score meter you don't have to change it just add to it to make it your own ;)

release it now if your ready then add more, i know you've allready done alot :cool:

It's just that it's a b*tch to do everything from scratch, and I don't have a lot of motivation to do the things I mentioned. I did finish the lobby though, which I'm happy I did.

I'll give it a little bit longer, and if no one really cares about those GFX then I'll just post up the links, some new screenshots, a video, and some interchangeable pieces from the beta and some I made after that didn't make it into the theme.

Thanks for the post slantyr, and for all your help in one of my other topics. It really helped me to get everything lookin' nice :).

.:Edit:.
I'm tired, and this video is taking forever to upload so I'll have to post the links tomorrow.

.:Edit Edit:.
Final Fantasy VII Theme Ver. 1.0Final Released
That only took a whole year+ lol.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

blazingamer

Re: Ambiguity's Final Fantasy VII [Ver. 1.0 Final Released!

Postby blazingamer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 pm

I could seriously see you recreating the ff7 battle hud to work with the new rockmeter code.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 pm

blazingamer wrote:I could seriously see you recreating the ff7 battle hud to work with the new rockmeter code.

Is that a good thing :D?

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 am

Oh that would make this theme beastly lol

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Vincent1333

Re: Ambiguity's FFVII Theme [Ver. 1.0 Final Released!]

Postby Vincent1333 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Wow, this is one of the best looking themes I have seen! Everything about it looks well done. I am personally not a big fan of the round notes, but this theme looks so good I will give it a shot anyway.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Vincent1333 wrote:Wow, this is one of the best looking themes I have seen! Everything about it looks well done. I am personally not a big fan of the round notes, but this theme looks so good I will give it a shot anyway.

Well I'm glad you like it, definitely tell me what you think after you've tried it :). I don't get why people hate the notes(I think it's secretly a GH vs. RB thing), I think mine actually make it even easier to see everything then the RB blocks if you put them on a dark neck.

Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 pm

the update is awsome ;)

i was thinking of bringing up the notes too.
not because they're round but hard to distinguish (are those ho/po, am i in sp/overdrive)

i've found in the past it's easier to make an example image than try and hash it all out with words

the ho/po need to be distinctive (different size, similar glow color) something to set them apart more than anything else because you play them differently no matter what.

also the sp notes should stand out in some way on their own, so you know they'll give you sp

finally when you engage sp/overdrive it should light up the neck in some way (i picked teal because it's most used)

it took me about 10 minutes to make this example image, so all credit still goes to ambiguity. just trying to say it the clearest way possible :)
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Hmmm.... Maybe I should make HOPOs "black materia" and SP notes like "holy materia" from the movie:

I dunno what I'd do about SP HOPOs though. TBH I can distinguish everything just fine with my current system, but I guess I'll have to come up with something else since a few people have mentioned it.

Pro Rock Band
RinuX

Postby RinuX » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:16 pm

thanks a lot for this awesome theme :2thumbsup:
Love the Setlist ! (what a good choice omagad)
i know it's not the harder image to do (xD), but it's the detail that change everything,
as Leonardo Da Vinci said : "Details make perfection and perfection isn't a detail"

but i'm still not fan of materia as notes, but i'll change them by other ones (or create my owns if i'm inspired), not a big deal.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:58 pm

RinuX wrote:but i'm still not fan of materia as notes, but i'll change them by other ones (or create my owns if i'm inspired), not a big deal.

No one had made a better suggestion in the whole year I've worked on this so oh well I guess lol. I'm glad that you liked everything else though, I tried my best with what limited resources I had :).

Iherduliekmudkipz
_filipe_

Postby _filipe_ » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:03 pm

You could use half materias. They would look kinda GHis but I think they would look better than thos wierd circles IMO
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:22 pm

_filipe_ wrote:You could use half materias. They would look kinda GHis but I think they would look better than thos wierd circles IMO

Lol, really? I think that would look like a graphical glitch on my part.

Just so you guys know though, they are probably going to stay materia, unless you have a really awesome suggestion that is related to the game. What I'm really concerned about is what slantyr said a few posts up.

I can try to come up with something different then materia myself if you can give me a good reason as to why you don't like them now(the shape of them anyway).

Professional Stoner
Mistabone

Postby Mistabone » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Actually once you get used to it it does make it easier to see the HO/PO's. It's similar in a way to the way the guitar hero notes were. You kinda have to look for the glow but once you get used to it it's really easy.

I'm still enjoying the hell out of this theme and I have found myself sticking with this one alot longer than the other 30+ themes I have on here. I think he did an awesome job with it.

:2thumbsup:
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Mistabone wrote:Actually once you get used to it it does make it easier to see the HO/PO's. It's similar in a way to the way the guitar hero notes were. You kinda have to look for the glow but once you get used to it it's really easy.

I'm still enjoying the hell out of this theme and I have found myself sticking with this one alot longer than the other 30+ themes I have on here. I think he did an awesome job with it.

:2thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I'm happy you liked it. I agree with you on the notes, but a lot of people don't seem to like them so I gotta give them something they want I guess :).

I suppose I could just use the ones slantyr made as alternate notes(I'll put them into the "Extras" of my post after I test them), and have mine be the official ones.

Return to “FoFiX”