Neversoft dies

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rapt0r

Re: Neversoft dies

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:58 am

Wow, so hating a company automatically means you hate all of their products? That's **** stupid.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:31 am

coolguy567 wrote:
death_au wrote:I don't think Neversoft's gone. Activision downsized them dramatically because they're only going to make 10 SKUs (2-3 games) in the GH / DJH franchise this year.
So Neversoft got downsized because they plan not to milk GH and DJH, thereby ruining it in the process?

Wow it's almost as if Activision wants everyone to hate them.

Ruining it? By not milking it?
A smaller team focussing on fewer games will most likely improve the quality of those games. I suppose we'll have to wait and see if GH6 seems any good before saying that for sure, but it makes sense. I have hope that this will mean good things for the GH/DJH franchise. With all the cuts they're making, they might be able to afford a better setlist.

I believe Activision said something about more online content, too. "We are increasing our digital/online capabilities as we expect that digital/online will continue to become a more meaningful part of our business model in the years ahead". - kotaku So perhaps they learned something from RB and will focus more on DLC?

Also, RedOctane appears to have be hit too: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/02/activi ... evelopers/
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:57 am

Ah, you misunderstood me. "thereby milking it in the process" refers to what would happen if they did milk it.

-- Edit: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:10 pm --

amak11 wrote:
coolguy567 wrote:
death_au wrote:I don't think Neversoft's gone. Activision downsized them dramatically because they're only going to make 10 SKUs (2-3 games) in the GH / DJH franchise this year.
So Neversoft got downsized because they plan not to milk GH and DJH, thereby ruining it in the process?

Wow it's almost as if Activision wants everyone to hate them.

So your saying you hate CoD MW2 cause Activision laid people off, im assuming you are one of those noobtubers that we all love. So if you hate Activision, you hate all associated titles. So what if i say i hate harmonix (not saying i do, just making a point), and love EA, does that mean i hate a certain game franchise, but love the rest of the games they make.
... I don't even play MW2. I've never played any CoD game because I dislike "realistic" FPS. I'm just saying that Activision is already seen as "evil" by quite a lot of people, and this isn't going to help their image at all. I don't hate Activision, although I don't really like the GH games past GH2, but mostly because of gameplay issues. Thanks for completely misunderstanding me.

Some people dont realize, that for a company, to stay afloat, they MUST make changes. Like, downsizing operations (laying people off), shutting down devisions (more lay offs), giving pay cuts to theit big wigs and so on and so forth. For a company as big as Activision-Blizzard, what they did would save them from possible bankruptcy or an in-adequate game release (dont say they ruin themselves, GH is a quality title too). It's just the recession taking more victems, IMO
Fair enough. I guess my issue is with making games as a business, as opposed to open-source like FoF.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:05 am

coolguy567 wrote:Ah, you misunderstood me. "thereby milking it in the process" refers to what would happen if they did milk it.

Ah, my bad
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:53 pm

all support for PS2 is going to be dropped in 2012. not any earlier, not any later. 2012. 'nuff said. Sony said so themselves.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:50 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:all support for PS2 is going to be dropped in 2012. not any earlier, not any later. 2012. 'nuff said. Sony said so themselves.

Assuming thats true it doesnt really make a difference does it. Harmonix have all but dropped ps2 support with the latest games. Woo track packs...i think not. When did we last get one of those anyway?

The devs dont have to make the games for the ps2 and thats gonna be the case long before 2012.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:14 pm

^that. Sony is only going to allow games to be made until 2012. That doesn't mean they're forcing devs to. PS2 is dead regardless if games are still coming out. They are so far and few between it doesn't matter.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:42 pm

PS2 has lived its 10 year lifecycle, which is pretty good, IMHO. Its survived, The Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, and the Wii. Makes me wonder why i havent gave up on it (other then the fact that only the release PS3's have ps2 b/c).
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:47 pm

PS2 was dead once this generation started. Any game that was made for it was toned down **** versions of games released on the current generation of consoles. It's like putting the console on life support because you know it's going to die but you jsut don't want to pull the plug yet. There's no point in holding on. Sony only wanted bragging rights by saying their console lived 10 years when it most definitely DID NOT.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 pm

I still play mine, so what does that mean. If you didnt upgrade to 360 you automatically had a sh*t system. PS2 had a ton of life right up till 2 years ago, then it slowly started to die.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:20 am

You completely misread my post. I'm talking about third party support for games. I'm not talking about how much the game being played. By that logic, the NES is still alive today.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:52 am

Then i dont imagine its completely dead, you'll still have kids games being released on it

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:02 am

Glad to see things haven't changed.

All consoles suck.

/me goes back to hibernation
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:17 am

amak11 wrote:Then i dont imagine its completely dead, you'll still have kids games being released on it

I hope to god you're talking about the PS2 and not the NES I mentioned. On the chance you were talking about the PS2, name one game worth mentioning that came out on the PS2 in the past 2 years (that have not come out on the PS3/360/Wii).
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:02 am

i remember when having a PS2 you were the coolest kid on the block....that aint the case any more

yay GH megadeth (maybe)

the only reason i still play on it is so i

1. dont have to buy stuff for a stupid wii

2. can keep everything consistent without buying already bought controllers again

3. saves me money XD

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.

Return to “Other Music Games”