Neversoft dies

Discussion specific to other music games, like: RB, GH, GZ, JamLegend, SoS, etc.
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
aduro

Neversoft dies

Postby aduro » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Word on the street is that Activision, in an effort to downsize, has decided to lay off 90 employees, completely dissolving Neversoft in the process.

UPDATE: Looks like the Neversoft name will survive this... for now... but they will no longer be working on Guitar Hero games after GH6

ImageImageImage
Last edited by aduro on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Re: Neversoft dies

Postby jdawg » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:44 pm

You know Harmonix did the same thing, right?
Ions are here, amazang
aduro

Postby aduro » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:46 pm

jdawg wrote:You know Harmonix did the same thing, right?

They laid off a bunch of people, but they still exist

neversoft, on the other hand, doesn't
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm sure Neversoft is composed of a lot more employees than 90 people.
Ions are here, amazang
aduro

Postby aduro » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Yeah not everyone is getting laid off, a percentage will probably be merged with other activision teams. Guitar hero isn't dead, you can just expect more titles from quality companies like "Beenox"
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:17 pm

No more Tony Hawk, no more neversoft GHs(Hey they were starting to get good in graphics, just not in setlist)?
I don't know wether to be happy or sad... :), :( :) :( :D
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 pm

I don't think Neversoft's gone. Activision downsized them dramatically because they're only going to make 10 SKUs (2-3 games) in the GH / DJH franchise this year.

Did you hear they're dropping support for the PS2 now, too?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 pm

Neversoft is NOT dead dumba**, Luxoflux (my favorite studio) is dead.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:03 am

death_au wrote:Did you hear they're dropping support for the PS2 now, too?

This makes me sad. I might have to buy a current gen console now and stop pirating games on my beatiful PS2. Oh noes!
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:44 am

iamsensay wrote:
death_au wrote:Did you hear they're dropping support for the PS2 now, too?

This makes me sad. I might have to buy a current gen console now and stop pirating games on my beatiful PS2. Oh noes!

D: No way!
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:01 am

What's Mark van Bommel doing there?
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:21 pm

death_au wrote:I don't think Neversoft's gone. Activision downsized them dramatically because they're only going to make 10 SKUs (2-3 games) in the GH / DJH franchise this year.
So Neversoft got downsized because they plan not to milk GH and DJH, thereby ruining it in the process?

Wow it's almost as if Activision wants everyone to hate them.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:34 pm

coolguy567 wrote:
death_au wrote:I don't think Neversoft's gone. Activision downsized them dramatically because they're only going to make 10 SKUs (2-3 games) in the GH / DJH franchise this year.
So Neversoft got downsized because they plan not to milk GH and DJH, thereby ruining it in the process?

Wow it's almost as if Activision wants everyone to hate them.

So your saying you hate CoD MW2 cause Activision laid people off, im assuming you are one of those noobtubers that we all love. So if you hate Activision, you hate all associated titles. So what if i say i hate harmonix (not saying i do, just making a point), and love EA, does that mean i hate a certain game franchise, but love the rest of the games they make.

Some people dont realize, that for a company, to stay afloat, they MUST make changes. Like, downsizing operations (laying people off), shutting down devisions (more lay offs), giving pay cuts to theit big wigs and so on and so forth. For a company as big as Activision-Blizzard, what they did would save them from possible bankruptcy or an in-adequate game release (dont say they ruin themselves, GH is a quality title too). It's just the recession taking more victems, IMO
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:28 pm

good points amak you are very educated
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:17 pm

vedicardi wrote:good points amak you are very educated

yay sarcasm :laugh:

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Return to “Other Music Games”