Song.ini Generator v2.3

A collection of helpful posts
This topic is 13 years and 4 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Re: Song.ini Generator v2.1 - New Update Feature

Postby KTownEgghead » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Thanks Vectris :D Love the program. Really friendly to use, and functional!
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
Da mombo
lottabullets

Postby lottabullets » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 pm

It says I need to install the .NET framework, it takes hours to download... :cursing:
pskepsilon

Postby pskepsilon » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:08 pm

I'm having trouble with the Quick Load feature. I'm on Vista and whenever I try to set the folder for it to use for the default Quick Load directory, it does not save it. It will save the other directories I set, but no matter what, when I go back into the Options dialog, it says no directory has been chosen for the Quick Load. I thought at first it might be because my FOFix directory was in the Users folder, but even after I moved the folder to the C drive, it still won't work. I also tried running it as administrator and it made no difference. Any ideas?
Rock Lover/Fretter
vectris

Postby vectris » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:18 pm

pskepsilon,

I checked it out and it appears as though this isn't just a Vista problem, I completely forgot to add the save code to the Quick Load Change button!

This will be easy to fix so I'll update it and re-upload it tonight.

EDIT: Fixed and re-uploaded, thanks for finding that and responding :2thumbsup:
jdunk4

Re: Song.ini Generator v2.2 - Quick Load Fixes

Postby jdunk4 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:32 am

Is it possible to add input boxes for unlock_id and unlock_require for those of us trying to fix up career mode data for our song.ini's? It's a huge pain to do it file by file, and this program looks like it could be a huge help!

Thanks for all the work you've done so far. It's awesome! :2thumbsup:
Rock Lover/Fretter
vectris

Postby vectris » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:31 am

jdunk4 wrote:Is it possible to add input boxes for unlock_id and unlock_require for those of us trying to fix up career mode data for our song.ini's? It's a huge pain to do it file by file, and this program looks like it could be a huge help!

Thanks for all the work you've done so far. It's awesome! :2thumbsup:

Sure I can fit it in there somewhere. All they need are textboxes right? Do they need any restrictions or anything I can add to them?
|337 h4x0r f7w
uber noob

Postby uber noob » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:32 pm

For some stupid "THING"
i can't download anything from microsoft.com :cursing:
so i need an upload link for the .NET :biggrin:
this is what happens when i try it from microsoft.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZpikDt1B4
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:14 pm

wont save the inis

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 pm

uber noob wrote:
For some stupid "THING"
i can't download anything from microsoft.com :cursing:
so i need an upload link for the .NET :biggrin:
this is what happens when i try it from microsoft.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZpikDt1B4

Because you're not using Genuine Windows. :thumbdown:
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:41 pm

acrox999 wrote:Because you're not using Genuine Windows. :thumbdown:

That is so unbelievably wrong that it's not funny.

Windows Update doesn't work under anything but IE, and you're trying to use it under Firefox. That's not going to go so well.

The real problem is that you should just be googling "Microsoft .NET Framework v[whatever version it needs]" and installing from the first sensible Microsoft Download Center link. This is not what Windows Update was made to do.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:04 pm

jstump, why is it not saving my song.inis? ITS MAKING ME MAD XD

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Rock Lover/Fretter
vectris

Postby vectris » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:30 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:jstump, why is it not saving my song.inis? ITS MAKING ME MAD XD

Try the new version. If you still have the problem I need you to describe it better, how is it "not saving". What happens when you click the save button? Did you open the INI manually and check for the changes?

As a simple test, if you create a new ini on your desktop with the program, then make a change and press Save, it works fine.
Stoner!
Quaazzy420

Re: Song.ini Generator v2.3

Postby Quaazzy420 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:56 pm

i have windows 7 every time i create a song ini with song ini genrator vs 2.3 its says created succesfully but when i play fof and start my custom song it will say no name in the quick play list and when the song is fist starting out has any one else encountered this problem? also i decided to use the old song ini generater it works no probelms except for it doesnt show the fretter name even though i put it in it wont show at all but everything else does i dont know if this is becuase i have windows 7 or not but i would like to know what my problem im having if anyone can get back to me thanx
Stoner
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Quaazzy420 wrote:i have windows 7 every time i create a song ini with song ini genrator vs 2.3 its says created succesfully but when i play fof and start my custom song it will say no name in the quick play list and when the song is fist starting out has any one else encountered this problem? also i decided to use the old song ini generater it works no probelms except for it doesnt show the fretter name even though i put it in it wont show at all but everything else does i dont know if this is becuase i have windows 7 or not but i would like to know what my problem im having if anyone can get back to me thanx

not sure, but to fix the fret one just open the file with notepad and add "frets = Quaazzy420" without qoutes, and to fix the name thing add "name = name of song here " without qoutes, hope that helps ya
Image Image
Stoner!
Quaazzy420

Postby Quaazzy420 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Asskickulater wrote:
Quaazzy420 wrote:i have windows 7 every time i create a song ini with song ini genrator vs 2.3 its says created succesfully but when i play fof and start my custom song it will say no name in the quick play list and when the song is fist starting out has any one else encountered this problem? also i decided to use the old song ini generater it works no probelms except for it doesnt show the fretter name even though i put it in it wont show at all but everything else does i dont know if this is becuase i have windows 7 or not but i would like to know what my problem im having if anyone can get back to me thanx

not sure, but to fix the fret one just open the file with notepad and add "frets = Quaazzy420" without qoutes, and to fix the name thing add "name = name of song here " without qoutes, hope that helps ya

thanx bro ill do that

ive tryed it failed still says no name and when i open it under notepad it already had the frets = quaazzy420 but it doesnt show in fretsonfire when i play the song :confused: ugh im getting frusterrated

here is what its says with song ini genreator this one doesnt show the fretter

[song]
artist = Bullet For My Valentine
name = Your Betrayal
cassettecolor = #000000
fretter = Quaazzy420

and what it says with the sing ini genreator vs 2.3 this is the one that shows no name when playing frets on fire

[song]
name = Your Betrayal
artist = Bullet For My Valentine
frets = Quaazzy420
cassettecolor = #FFFFFF
Stoner

Return to “Tutorials and Tools”