Help with 360 Xplorer

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
cap03

Help with 360 Xplorer

Postby cap03 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Im trying to get the xplorer to work with the mac I just bought. It has snow leopard and I got a wired 360 controller to work but I can't get the xplorer to work and I installed the drivers. I even tried the rock band guitar but no luck. Any help?
cap03

Re: Help with 360 Xplorer

Postby cap03 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:53 pm

I installed that driver. When I plug in the xplorer the guide button just keeps flashing.
BMTH
lynchie666

Postby lynchie666 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:00 pm

have you tried mapping the buttons in the options? it took me ages to work that out when i tried to use my rockband controller
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Don't know if it's the same on Mac, but on Linux the drivers don't deal with the guide button properly. It keeps flashing, but it does in fact work.
TheCheatOSX

Postby TheCheatOSX » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:17 pm

I'll add that I also can not get the wired 360 Xplorer to function in Snow Leopard (10.6.2).

I've not played FOF in awhile so I went looking for updates. I updated to trinidude4's port "FoFiX V3.120 Full - Python 2.6". It seems to run just fine. This seems to have grown nicely since the last time I played!

I then updated to the new Snow Leopard compatible version of Tattiebogle's 360 Controller Driver, v.08 (http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/Projec ... /OsxDriver). No joy. After reboot all I get is the flashing lights. I tried the experimental .09 version and that didn't help either. The website indicates that 64-bit is working in v.08 but it didn't work for me. I had to restart sys prefs in 32-bit to launch the driver settings. It does not detect the controller.

I'm going to contact Tattiebogle and see if there is anything he can do. This project doesn't seem to be a priority. It was last updated in 2007 before this October 2009 update.

If anyone else has the driver working, please post here!

---- EDIT ----

Well, after dicking with this problem most of the evening, including many uninstalls and reinstalls, I've found at least a workaround that works!

I tired both v.08 & .09 of the Tattiebogle 360 drivers with no success even though these are listed as Snow Leopard & 64-bit compatible.

The workaround is to use v.07 drivers and these instructions from the Apple Support forums (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... 0&tstart=0)

Note that the download link provided includes the .07 driver dmg and step 4 is two separate commands, one to change the directory and one sudo.

This is from user IllestFlip, toward the bottom of the first page of the thread:
1. Disconnect all Xbox 360 controllers and wireless receivers.
2. Download the zip file containing the script and the disk image from http://rapidshare.com/files/274924283/3 ... nstall.zip
3. Extract the zip file somewhere.
4. Open a Terminal and run two commands:
cd /replace/this/with/the/path/to/contents/of/extracted/zip/file/ #this path probably is Downloads/360ControllerInstall
sudo sh 360ControllerInstall.sh
5. Type your administrator password when it asks you for it.
6. Wait for the installer to complete and then wait another three minutes.
7. Connect an Xbox 360 controller.
8. Open the "Xbox 360 Controllers" preference pane in System Preferences and verify that the controller(s) is(/are) recognized.

Hopefully this one will actually work...

Return to “Tech Support”