Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's =3.121 and 4.0=

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 months and 2 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's =3.121 and 4.0=

Postby amak11 » Sun May 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Hey there, At last i have done it. I have gotten this theme to where i wanted before.

Code: Select all

Changelog from original release of my theme.
- Lobby
- Options
- Drum notes
- Hit flame fix
- Multiplayer menu
- results screen
- Custom vocal graphics (still not done sorry about that and the fact they dont work on this theme on 3.121)
- and various other small ini tweaks

Final version
 - beta vocal GFX
 - fixed a menu screen

4.0 Pre-alpha version
- RB menuing
- temp content

Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's theme

Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's V4 Pre-alpha

Known issues:
- off sync songs (this is an issue in fofix, my themeis fine)
- results screen is off a bit
- missing menu sounds
- no rockmeter
- things i cant recall

the pre-alpha version of this theme is only ment to provide basic functionality. This pre-alpha version still contains the beta vocals, there are many things to do in this theme.

Seeing as the 3.121 version of this theme is 105% (the extra 5 being the beta vocal gfx). I will start the actual porting process of this theme to FoFiX 4.0 (git date x). I will start with the rock meter then work my way into the menu system then.... i dont know.

Credits
- Amak11
- Metallicaholic
- Jfosheezy
- Acrox999

Project Clone
JcFerggy
sherranjjj001
iamnoob
blazingamer
myfingershurt
gamexprt1
WorldRave
Jillerdevil
Daevid
Figure
Last edited by amak11 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:52 am, edited 42 times in total.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Slash666

Re: Guitar Hero 80's theme beta 1 for FOFix 3.120

Postby Slash666 » Sun May 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Screenshots?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun May 24, 2009 5:58 pm

I got screens up and i found another glitch
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

3 FINGERS PWN YOU
a1ltobeg0dly

Postby a1ltobeg0dly » Tue May 26, 2009 6:35 pm

i modified my GH 80s theme with the GHWT notes for the guitar and rock band notes for the drums, i love this theme now :D
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:38 pm

This theme is gonna get a face lift. Will realease a patch sometime before thursday
Last edited by amak11 on Tue May 26, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

3 FINGERS PWN YOU
a1ltobeg0dly

Postby a1ltobeg0dly » Tue May 26, 2009 6:43 pm

i did a FC of "play with me" for my guitar hero smash hits thread in verified, il have the video up later if you want to put it here to demonstrate maybe :laugh: but remember it has a couple of cool modifications.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:45 pm

I would like to stick as much to the original

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

3 FINGERS PWN YOU
a1ltobeg0dly

Postby a1ltobeg0dly » Tue May 26, 2009 7:13 pm

well everything is the same of course just the notes are changed nothing else. heres a few screenshots:

main neck

notes neck

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:40 pm

It's a possibility that i will change notes. i want to try and fix these ones

---- EDIT ----

I 'm gonna fix the screens now. I somewhere the internet connection isn't crappy

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Happ E Nose

Re: Guitar Hero 80's theme beta 2 patch for FOFix 3.120

Postby Happ E Nose » Wed May 27, 2009 6:03 pm

You should make an SVN for this like some of the other GH & RB themes. :thumbup:
DesertDiamond

Postby DesertDiamond » Wed May 27, 2009 6:26 pm

You should try to stay true to the original, those fretbuttons and notes don't jive at all.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:34 pm

I will change them back in the next patch but i not using the original hit flames because the GHWT ones look very similar and look neater. The next patch i'm plan to change most of the graphics and start on a multiplayer menu. The graphics will be straight from the game

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat May 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Happ E Nose wrote:You should make an SVN for this like some of the other GH & RB themes. :thumbup:

I'm sticking to what i know and how it used to be done all the time

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun May 31, 2009 12:45 am

amak11 wrote:
Happ E Nose wrote:You should make an SVN for this like some of the other GH & RB themes. :thumbup:

:thumbup:
Well said. I believe SVN should be mainly used for experimental graphics (testing), or WIP themes. While it's really convenient for people like me to update themes via SVN (and I do it all the time), people who rarely visit the forums and want to download some good themes as a one-off would no doubt prefer a good old fashioned mediafire (or equivalent) link.

Also, I've added this project to the FoFiX theme list, right under the entry for Project: Clone's GH2 / 80's themes.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Guitar Hero 80's theme for FOFix 3.120 - RC1 patch

Postby amak11 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:18 am

death_au wrote:
amak11 wrote:

:thumbup:
Well said. I believe SVN should be mainly used for experimental graphics (testing), or WIP themes. While it's really convenient for people like me to update themes via SVN (and I do it all the time), people who rarely visit the forums and want to download some good themes as a one-off would no doubt prefer a good old fashioned mediafire (or equivalent) link.

Also, I've added this project to the FoFiX theme list, right under the entry for Project: Clone's GH2 / 80's themes.

Thanks for agreeing with me and adding this theme to the list

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Return to “FoFiX”