EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Re: EOF 1.5 Released!

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:50 am

My mouse works fine... are you using a custom mouse?

Also, yes, I'm talking about extended sustains.
DesertDiamond

Postby DesertDiamond » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:32 am

Todd, could you describe your method for synching beats? Thanks :wink:
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:09 am

Basically, make sure your first note is as close as correct as possible, shift+drag a beat line on to it, then make the BPM right, and every main note should then land on a beat line (or near it, if it is near, you shift+drag the beatline to it), coolguys tutorial (search for it in General FoF Discussion, it more detailed) says to beatsynch then place the notes, but I kinda do them at the same time, as far as I can tell, it's much faster and only causes problems if you screw up.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:26 am

The included tutorial describes how to create a beat-synced tempo map. You can also watch me do it.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
wildabouthorses

Postby wildabouthorses » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:57 pm

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I had downloaded EOF from Geetar Freaks a couple of days ago and couldn't get it to make mp3s into ogg's as it kept stopping at some buffer problem. Now in EOF 1.5 it says something about stereo may not work but it lets me get past it and gives me the converted mp3 as ogg.

I downloaded this EOF 1.5 today and made my first couple of songs that are country to play on my FOF version 1.3.110 I'm still learning but I'm getting there in figuring out how to make a fretted song as I am able to play them in FOF. I did have a problem of my space bar not stopping the song in EOF most of the time but oddly I found if I clicked my mouse outside of EOF on my desktop it would pop down the EOF menu and stop the song. I'd pop it back open and find the song stopped. Any suggestions on what I should do to make the song sound a little better? I'm not sure if its my ears playing tricks after messing with this for hours or if the quality is a bit low because I didn't do something in EOF?

I had that mouse flicker and disapearing problem show up when I set EOF to display 1024 x768. I managed to get it back to the 800 x 600 and the mouse works fine at that sized menu.

I opened the tuteral/manual in EOF and still couldn't figure out how to copy and paste a fretted section to repeat it on down the line. I know how to copy and paste normally but just couldn't get it to work in EOF following the instructions. Either I'm very tired or just dense! I am using windows XP, waiting on a PS2 to PC device I ordered to try and get a guitar controller to work with FOF and EOF. I have 4 different wireless PS2 guitar controllers so hopefully one will work with my PC. My Marine son who was home on leave this xmas, showed me what Guitar Hero and Rock Band was all about on his Xbox 360. I got hooked bad even though I'm playing at the easy mode and full speed. ! I used to play acoustic guitar many years ago as a teenager then quit shortly after I got married in 76. Now I'm having a ball playing "guitars" this way!
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Yay SOLOS AND STARPOWER!
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:15 pm

When I start EOF, the cursor is fine on the lower half or so of the window, flickery for a narrow band somewhere in the middle and totally invisible above that band. If I click on "File" to open the menu then the mouse works perfectly until I click outside the menu to close it. After closing it returns to it's normal behaviour. Opening a song makes it so that the mouse works perfectly over the Information Panel and 3D view, and it's both semi-transparent and flickery above that. Opening a menu has the same effect as it does when the song isn't open. Pressing Escape to open the "Close EOF?" dialog fixes the problems, but when I click "No" they return.

Apparently for you, when EOF draws the window the mouse cursor flickers. I would try changing the VSync setting to see if that helps. I am going to make the system mouse cursor optional, though.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:54 am

Changing the VSync setting improves it but it's not perfect; it's good enough though.

BTW my guide was written for an old EOF which didn't auto-adjust notes when you moved beatlines around, which meant that you pretty much had to sync beats first and then place notes if you don't want all your notes to be off the beatlines. Now if auto-adjusts (provided you don't shift-drag) so it's not important.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Full Time Fretter
hckyfrk2k7

Postby hckyfrk2k7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:30 am

RinuX wrote:YES
YYYEEESSS
YYYYEEESSSSSSSS

i love you (non gay way LOL)

:2thumbsup:

DITTO
jake2k3 wrote:I think we've hit the point now where practicality has gone out the window and all this board is now is a "let's forget originality and work this sucker as close to an exact copy (of GH/RB) as possible" feeding frenzy.

New Song Awards Idea, Check It Out Here!
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:28 pm

I think you should think about trying to make it more like the GHWT Song Editor. Not the song creator, but the one where you can align the notes and stuff.
Can we get this forum going again?
Full Time Fretter
hckyfrk2k7

Postby hckyfrk2k7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm

I updated the FOF Wiki site.....

Check it out! I added links to download them (from the site and mediafire) version history, and change logs. :2thumbsup:
jake2k3 wrote:I think we've hit the point now where practicality has gone out the window and all this board is now is a "let's forget originality and work this sucker as close to an exact copy (of GH/RB) as possible" feeding frenzy.

New Song Awards Idea, Check It Out Here!
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:38 pm

I think you should think about trying to make it more like the GHWT Song Editor.

A quick Google search returned nothing on the topic of a GHWT song editor, only the creator. If you point me to relevant information or describe it I might be able to get some ideas from it for future EOF versions.
Um?
Gugered

Postby Gugered » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:44 pm

This editor IS AWESOME!.
Just keep getting better and better. Also it would be very cool if u could add support for rock band lyrics edition, but the editor is awesome.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Also it would be very cool if u could add support for rock band lyrics edition

This is the next big feature and I plan to have it implemented by v1.6.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”