Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
vampens

Re: Worldrave's GH3 Theme 3.0 -=[For MFH Mod 3.0 Rev.353+]=-

Postby vampens » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Hiasl wrote:
vampens wrote:can anyone post a link to 'MFH MOD 3.1+ Rev.353' i can't find it anyware? :sad:

Go to fof mod disc... and support. Click The first stickied topic. And you're in fofix thread. There anywhere you should read fofix on google code click there, then you should be at google code page on the main side should be a link to 3.100 beta2.

Thanks man! :smile:
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:16 pm

LOL. Wr, you put the link wrong. Rapidshare : Mediafire, MediaFire : Rapidshare.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:35 pm

This looks really great. I love what you've done with the game results screen :thumbup:
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:17 am

Thanks for the nice feedback. It's always nice to be able to read to show your still appreciated. I corrected the links BTW, thanks for noticing that. Guess i tried to rush the update, i was uploading to both at the same time, and got too quick when i was copying and pasting the links, and was late of course.
envio09

Postby envio09 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Nubepost below, I know... Dont yell (caps)

Can somebody help me, ploximus? Im on a mac. Dont know if thats the problem (guess not), but i cant get this to work... at all... Im currently on the Fofix-mod - 3.30 or something. Supernew to mods.. Havent used a mod before, therefore this post! <:=3

Why isnt there any info-file or something in the first post, or included in the mod?

Maybe im missing something obvious...?

Mod looks absolutely fantastic by the way :)

Cheers for norway
ADH

Postby ADH » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:07 pm

Are you putting this in the themes folder? Or the mods folder?
Cause it should be in themes.
envio09

Postby envio09 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Uhm, mods

So.. All of it? In the theme-folder?
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Dump all the included files in "[FoFiX Dir.]\data\Themes\Guitar Hero III\[here]", and of course overwrite all the hotfix files OVER the main (1st) file you got here. Hotfixe's are accumulative, which means each new hotfix will include ALL hotfix files until the next new FULL release.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:38 pm

i really like that the new results screen doesn't use six or seven pictures, very nice work (as always)

also the new stars layout is extreamly cool, Great work

i'll have some time to help with the useable files wiki this weekend
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Nice, that will definitely help. What we will need for the required testing, is switch to the lite version of both Megalite (RB based), and Megalite GH3 (gh3 based), and just use those 1st. I know for sure that some of the file currently in ML GH3 aren't actually needed, but don't want to delete them until we know which ones FOR SURE will break once removed. Then once we have the proper files needed for each, that will complete the 'REQUIRED' ones, which will be labeled which of the 2 they are required for (RB or GH3, since we mostly actually have 2 required for FoF, and not 1. Knowing we COULD do that, but since most of the theme's all fall into either one or the other category).
Then we will move on the the EXTRA files to further customize that are coded in to be used (usable) with each of the 2 and THEN SOME.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:21 pm

if you want to know what files will break (crash) fofix - open uc v2 gh and rb, thats almost the complete list (no fallbacks were in place then, the ones that were applied to .svg files)

that is essentially the core of fofix as far as .pngs go, or at least a good reference.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:59 pm

I haven't had UC's mod in a long time. LOL. But still then, that won't help since have basically have 2 main basic theme's, and since FOFIX is very different then UC's mod, we can't really use that as a base. So going back to what i was saying about making a list for both Megalite (RB), and Megalite GH3 as the 2 bases. Now, of course i DO realize we can get by with a few files less, HOWEVER, without certain files there, per FoFiX's logic, FoFiX will automatically change the way FoFiX will process what theme it will handle that as, it is very essential we get these files correctly. Only since FoFix has logic that decides how to process the theme base, where as UC's mod didn't, it just handle the theme as a folder with whatever files inside it. It had no logic, you just selected a theme in the options. But FOFIX does use logic, and if certain files aren't there, it will automatically process that theme as something different, mostly either RB or GH based.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:21 am

There's also logic in place for other little things too, like if the new GH co-op graphics are missing, then the newer co-op modes don't show up.
It's a pity I have stuff planned this weekend... I've been looking into do this kind of thing for a while and would like to help out. I just don't have as much time as I used to :crying:
;)
catfish08

Postby catfish08 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:19 am

(First post ever) Hey mate. I'm just having a little problem with the alignment of text on the setlist. The songs are about a quarter of a cm out of line. You know the 'Pinkish Margin', they are a tiny bit too far out the left and overlap the line. I'm using MFM Version 3.1 beta 1 (on Mac) and the latest version of them mod (3.15). Although I had the same issue with version 3 of the mod as well. I'm sure this is easily fixed, but I got no clue how to. Cheers. Great job by the way, my favourite one so far
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:10 pm

yes there a little and large differences between uc and fofix but, uc was the base (uc v2 had gh3 and rb that's why it was used) and as such almost every file included in uc if still present in fofix are THE ones that will crash the game.(all the fallback logic points to them) almost all the new features have fallback logic for the base, ultimate coffee. most everything else you either don't need or don't get the feature assosiated.

a couple of exceptions would be for instance capo's bpm fix, or the hitglow 1 and hitglow 2 .pngs alarian added for his hitglow effects used to crash alarian if not preset, so probably still crash fofix

as for rb themes, fingers made one of the rb specific images, i can't remember what one, but its one of the overdrive .pngs that appers below the frets

and we haven't even started talking about gh 1&2 themes. (think that's one of the starpower bottle images)

hopefully this makes what i'm tring to say more clear.

Return to “FoFiX”