MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:43 pm

Here, this adds the overdrive bar glow fade in and out. You need to have RB Sp neck glow enabled.
[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?lzjor0t4yoy]
Download guitarscene.py[/url]

Just put the file in your library.zip.
Dillusional

Postby Dillusional » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:59 pm

blazingamer wrote:Here, this adds the overdrive bar glow fade in and out. You need to have RB Sp neck glow enabled.

Sweet, was going to ask about a fade out but figured i'd be content with what I have now. Good to see you made it anyways! Thanks mate!

**EDIT** Uhm quick question, i notice that the files within the library.zip are file extensions .pyo, and this one you supplied is .py... I'm assuming this is incorrect?
Last edited by Dillusional on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A wise man once said:
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're dumb.
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:02 pm

blazingamer wrote:Here, this adds the overdrive bar glow fade in and out. You need to have RB Sp neck glow enabled.

works fine for me :)
Last edited by holystoneH on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:03 pm

No, it will read it correctly, .pyo is the compiled version, .py extension however has priority when read. It will most likely be recompiled by mfh in his next hotfix since I don't know how to compile the .py files into .pyo's.
Dillusional

Postby Dillusional » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:04 pm

Ok thanks, sorry for noobish question. I'm unfamiliar with the library.zip or how things work, just had to ask. Thanks. :)
A wise man once said:

Life is hard.

It's even harder when you're dumb.
His chakra is so...
MistTribe

Postby MistTribe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:11 pm

Where you aware the note rendering order is messed up? x_x
Spikehead777

Postby Spikehead777 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:12 pm

I fixed one of the guitar screw-up sounds so that there's no silence at the beginning of it. Before, there was some silence at the beginning before he sound would actually play, and I removed that silence so it should be more responsive.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2mn7dt2xu7x ...\data\sounds\guitscw2.ogg

Also, I noticed the start up sound when the song starts had some static in it. I found the start up sound that I made a long time ago; this file has no static in it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cxxetnumwzo ...\data\themes\Guitar Hero III\sounds\start.ogg

The relative paths next to each link refer to where the files should go inside the FoF folder.
PM me for my Wii or DS Friend Codes.

http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38434 My Wii GH:WT Guitar and Drum GlovePIE script. Also supports GH3 guitars!
Since "DragonFail" "sucks" so much, I won't post anything related or about them any longer.
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Nice! I just noticed it was at 3.0!
1mat829926

Postby 1mat829926 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Long Download time.......(Waits)
[url=http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_nt2.php]Image
[/url]
His chakra is so...
MistTribe

Postby MistTribe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:26 pm

ummmm right click it and set it to not be read only?
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:48 pm

(-X~Maniac.of.Madness~X-) wrote:Error in v3.000
Pressing the "Home" button while playing a song results to this:
ImageImage

And pressing Alt+Enter during the loading screen or during a song freezes the program (actually, it only makes it unresponsive to input, but the result is the same : you have to kill the application), instead of going from full screen to window (and vice versa) -- could be related to the fact that "Enter" is already affected to the Strum key by default, but that's a totally random guess.

blazingamer wrote:No, it will read it correctly, .pyo is the compiled version, .py extension however has priority when read. It will most likely be recompiled by mfh in his next hotfix since I don't know how to compile the .py files into .pyo's.
.pyo files are in fact compiled and optimized, while .pyc are compiled versions (and though FoF will run at the same speed, both are loaded faster than .py).

As for compiling .py files, it's quite easy, but I don't think we should have to do that, because keeping the current system is perfectly fine.

<li>English (Reversed) translation "silently" updated.
Other translations updated as well (they were already updated before 3.000 -- I just didn't advertise them as I thought you'd check my main translation post before releasing).
New link.

<li>@Alexfighter :
- mods's names have been changed/added/removed (and, as we agreed to add official modules's names to our translations in the case they'd be translatable later, we should update our translations files yet again).
- New strings : "Rotate 3D Notes", "1.1", and "1.2" (in Visual Settings).
- Modified string : "Screw Up Sounds" -> "Screw Up sounds".

<li>GH3 theme : there are 2 different pause.pngs : one in the main directory, the other in the menu folder.

<li>GH2 and GH80s themes : loading.ttf and menu.ttf are missing accent marks; you can use the international font I had previously donated for another theme, as it's quite similar.

<li>RB1 theme : default.ttf, loading.ttf, and songlist.ttf are missing accent marks. I'll try to provide an update once I get some time (unless Alexfigher beats me to it, or unless I spend the required $30.91 to get the official font :p).

<li>default.ttf and title.ttf are also missing accent marks. As well, I'll try to provide updated fonts once I get some time.

<li> [regression] Guitar Hero III theme : optionsbg.png is shown under the loading screen, after selecting "choose neck >", or when browsing a folder.

<li> [regression] Depending on the font used, the credits won't show up entirely (e.g. : with GH3 theme, you're sent back to the menu too early, before the end of the credits). Adding more blank lines to the end of credits so they scroll off the screen before the credit sequence ends should do the trick.

<li>Guitar Hero III theme : optionspanel.png should have a transparent outline at the top, otherwise a thin (1 pixel-wide) line is appearing below the image when it is displayed in-game.

<li> [regression] GH3 theme : opt_text_x, opt_text_y, sub_menu_x, and sub_menu_y values should be adjusted in theme.ini, as the axes for the sub menus don't match the ones for the option menu).

<li>GH3 theme : at low resolution levels (e.g. : 640x480), when "multiplayer" is selected on the main menu, an extra thin line appears behind "training".

<li>Shouldn't the options for "Rotate 3D Notes" be labeled as "True"/"False" (or "Yes"/"No") instead of "1.1"/"1.2", in-game?

<li>It appears that animated stages (and most probably standard ones as well, but it particularly shows on animated ones) are not scaled/positioned correctly : the right edge shows the left edge of the pngs.
This behavior can be easily noticed on bowstar's Sunset Waves.
//edit : in fact, it happens with several other pngs as well (e.g. : editor.png). Haven't checked them all, but many pngs aren't centered correctly.

<li>The neck selection screen shows 2 black necks (because defaultneck.png is a duplicate of Neck_001.png).

<li>When exiting the songlist back to the main menu, the OptionsBG image could be seen.
Now it also shows OptionsBG for a few ms before the mainbg appears, when launching FoF (or applying settings).
//edit : scratch this; it appears it's not OptionsBG, but loadingbg, which is a normal behavior (I thought it was a bug, as MFH is loading faster than ever, making the loading screen disappear way earlier than before :p ).

<li>typo in ghmidimap.txt : "joann" should be "joan".

<li>typo in changelog.txt : "++Replaced necks 46 - 49 "; necks 45 to 49 have been replaced. :p

<li>GH3 theme : pause.ttf accents are messed up.

<li>GH3 theme : fail.png still has this stray pixel I reported earlier.
Last edited by BlackJack on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.
firefret

Postby firefret » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:34 pm

i've been getting
"AttributeError:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'" whenever i select the rockband career pack. it works when i clear my .ini but than just comes back when i set my settings. i'll just do trial and error to find out what's up but if anyone already knows what's wrong, please tell.

here are the things only things i changed in the settings:
Whammy saves SP: yes
P1 two key chords only: yes
video resolution: 1440x900
HO/PO system: RF-Mod
Board Speed: BPM
Kill Volume: 10/10
Priority: 3 Above Normal
Killswitch FX: Animated
Sort Order: Artist

btw, i've been having this issue since 2.995 on both RB1 and RB2 themes.

EDIT: um, i guess if you put "Sort Order: Artist" it gives that error. weird, but whatever. i'll just re-download the RB career pack because i guess mines was weird.
Last edited by firefret on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my fretted songs
Radiohead - Karma Police
I forget. LETS ROCK!
jfosheezy

Postby jfosheezy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:22 pm

WTF IT WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD THE PATCH!!!!!! MIRROR PLZ
ImageImage
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Image French translation for FoFiX version 3.030.
Traduction française basée sur la "réforme" de l'orthographe de 1990.

Image Pig Latin translation for FoFiX version 3.030.
Ahyay esyay, Iyay nowkay. Imyay amazingyay.

Image English (Reversed) "translation" (v1.0) for FoFiX version X.XXX.
.dom eht fo noisrev erutuf dna tsap yna htiw krow ot dengised : esaeler lasrevinU
Last edited by BlackJack on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:01 am, edited 11 times in total.
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.
His chakra is so...
MistTribe

Postby MistTribe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:37 pm

HAH I love the Pig Latin translated one xD

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”