Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
drummaniac28

Postby drummaniac28 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:09 pm

I don't know how you keep doing it, but this just keeps getting even more amazing.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:28 pm

ok guys, and thanks for reporting that about the full version. i think i grabbed the wrong link, since i reinstaled the zip i have and its all correct.i will fix the link when i get home from work:) Now, as far as the New pause screen posted here with the top banner text cleaned up with artifacts, what you actually did is remove the dirt marks from the text, which is Supposed to be there. Thats taken directly from GH3. load up gh3 and you will see what i am talking about. So, by trying to help, which i always appreciate, you actually removed part of something that is actually in GH3 and supposed to be there. it was a nice try though at least. i know the best interest was at heart. :)
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:44 pm

worldrave wrote:Now, as far as the New pause screen posted here with the top banner text cleaned up with artifacts, what you actually did is remove the dirt marks from the text, which is Supposed to be there. Thats taken directly from GH3.

:p Yes, I saw it on the GH3 screenshot, and thought it was due to the file being compressed with jpg. :laugh:

As it didn't take me long to do it, here's nearly the same file, with the text untouched. I only removed a stray pixel on the left I just saw and hadn't noticed before (in the "dimmed" background), and fixed the left part of the motif. Everything else is left untouched.

//edit : However, I've downloaded fail.png directly from Hotfix #9, this time, and it looks like the right part of the red motif -- that I haven't touched -- is slightly misaligned (that, or something's wrong with the shadow of the "d" of "failed"), and I noticed some weird colors for a few pixels.
This wasn't the case with fail.png from the full pack (must be because one has been rescaled), but as I don't have the original files taken straight from the game myself I think I'll let a professional handle this from now on (yes, that means you :;): ), and just enjoy one one the best themes for MFH-Alarian (IMO).
Last edited by BlackJack on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:41 pm

thanks for the compliment :) made my day. glad to know i am not loosing my pixel mind for nothing. i will fix the pause screen issue when i get home. the banner did have to be stretched a little due to the original graphic also being stretched in game by GH3 over the frame. the text i just grabbed directly from an hd screen capture and havent removed the small red area yet from around the text, which is the only thing not from original graphics. But just used that instead since i recreated the Failed text at top using the proper gh3 i made but didnt see any difference in quality at all, i used that so i didnt have to add my own dirt pixels . better to use the real thing if it can and doesnt cost anything in pixel quality difference.

Edit- Yeah, that's what the problem was. I accidentally linked the full version link to the old rapidshare upload, instead of the Mediafire upload I did. It's changed now. Sorry to all those that downloaded that already. My apologies to those.
Last edited by worldrave on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
drummaniac28

Postby drummaniac28 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:16 pm

2nd page? I THINK NOT!
Dr4k3

Postby Dr4k3 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:13 pm

i installed Alarian Mod 2.995 then putted GH3 folder into data\mods alarian mod folder
then i changed the mod to GH3 ingame and it doesnt work
some help here pls?
Last edited by Dr4k3 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADH

Postby ADH » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:15 pm

put it in the "themes" folder not "mods".
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:56 pm

worldrave wrote:++ Touched up the Center Lines.
+++ Removed the added 2 pixels of black edges of each side of each string since I only originally added those when I made them to compensate for the white edge glitch.

Don't know if this is intended, but strings 2 and 4 of center_lines.png don't have a consistent edge (12 pixels wide at the top, 13 pixels wide at the middle, 14 pixels wide at the bottom).

Also, "GH3 Full Mod" and "--=Hotfix #9=-- (Mediafire)" link to the same file... and versiontag.png claims it's "Hotfix #8".
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.
SlowDrag

Postby SlowDrag » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:37 pm

I see... I was wondering what I did wrong when I installed this version. Downloaded GH3 full, then HotFix#9 but like you said, links are confusing.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:50 pm

BlackJack wrote:
worldrave wrote:++ Touched up the Center Lines.
+++ Removed the added 2 pixels of black edges of each side of each string since I only originally added those when I made them to compensate for the white edge glitch.

Don't know if this is intended, but strings 2 and 4 of center_lines.png don't have a consistent edge (12 pixels wide at the top, 13 pixels wide at the middle, 14 pixels wide at the bottom).

Also, "GH3 Full Mod" and "--=Hotfix #9=-- (Mediafire)" link to the same file... and versiontag.png claims it's "Hotfix #8".

Ah crap, yeah about the link. That's why I honestly don't like doing more then one upload method, starts getting too much to keep track of 3 different uploads. Doesn't seem like much, but when your copying and pasting so much with my main header (I keep a txt file of my main post to make it easier to make changes instead of using the crappy small box here, then copy/paste here.) and your rushing to get back to work, mistakes like this happens. Sorry guys. Link is fixed. (Same reason the other recent link error happened.)

The string image was already fixed, just forgot to put the change in my hotfix#10. I didn't notice it until after i released #9, somehow I didn't save the finished file also to the FoF directory where i make the rar'd GH3-FULL file. Also just noticed and changed "Done for next Hotfix#9" to "Done for next Hotfix#10" in my list.

Versiontag i am needing to get with MFH on about something, since I want to have a better method of doing this since it's also including my hotfix number, and might cause problems if someone is using my latest, but not the latest MFH version, even though it will show the proper number under options at the top. How would everyone like it to be displayed for the versiontag image? Should i just not make them again or what idea's would you have of what it should say that would fit with things?

Sorry again guys, i'm on an average of 5 hours of sleep the past 2 weeks. It's starting to wear me out now. Work though, not this. Well not completely at least :)
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:52 pm

Worldrave, get some sleep.
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
KidNinjaX

Postby KidNinjaX » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:43 pm

there's something wrong with the star power lights

[url=http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26103]My Ninja Mod 50% done
[/url] Help out with the mod if u can =)
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:05 pm

what resolution do you play at?
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:10 pm

It's not a resolution problem, the old sp lights were packaged instead of the new smaller ones.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:28 pm

You mean with MFH last release? I just checked both downloads and they are the correct file.
Last edited by worldrave on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FoFiX”