Real Two-player MOD! For Alarian v1.1

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
ShiekOdaSandz

Postby ShiekOdaSandz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:43 am

Yeah. I believe you. I haven't looked through the logic of it myself. Maybe we can figure out a way around it. I think some of the logic I will use to try to make the GH3 multiplayer where there are two players playing different parts, but only one meter and score. Let me know what you think about that, or if you want to work on it with me, that would be awesome!
Done with year 1 of med school! (Finally!)
Kanzleramt

Postby Kanzleramt » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:18 pm

were i have to put in the fixed files ?
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:23 pm

My PC with the graphic card GF6600GT, and I can not run the GH3...cry...
-
ShiekOdaSandz

Postby ShiekOdaSandz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:33 pm

Kanzleramt wrote:were i have to put in the fixed files ?

Just go to the newest Ds~Alarian 1.4c mod (here). It is in there. Make sure to download the updated library and put it into the data folder of the 1.4c version.
Last edited by ShiekOdaSandz on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khornerz

Postby khornerz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:46 pm

I'm waiting for 1.5 to port it to gnu/linux
and play with my girlfriend with our two guitars!

yeah!

Congrats!
Kanzleramt

Postby Kanzleramt » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:07 pm

ShiekOdaSandz wrote:
Kanzleramt wrote:were i have to put in the fixed files ?

Just go to the newest Ds~Alarian 1.4c mod (here). It is in there. Make sure to download the updated library and put it into the data folder of the 1.4c version.

great m8 thx u for that ! :D
emp3ror

Postby emp3ror » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:09 pm

wow I'm amazed! great job dude and thanks a lot! :D
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:32 pm

I already have the 2 player graphics rip'd from GH3 for preparation. One idea i had, depending on the logic, would be to 1/2 every hit/miss (Since the original game's meter is pretty gradual), and have every Hit also count as a miss for opponent, and work the same vice versa. So, when a player missed, it will take off a little like normal on player 1, and when you Hit, it add's one to your side. Like a sort of tug of war effect.
But using 1 marker in general on 1 Meter. So a Hit on player 1, makes the meter marker count 1/2 a space over towards the left, and a Hit on player 2 makes the meter mark count 1/2 space over towards the right side.
IE-

(-----<=====|==------------) <- text graphics representation of 2 player graphic Meter.
|---- Edge that moves left and right, starting from the center.
Last edited by worldrave on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozzystrikes

Postby ozzystrikes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:59 pm

worldrave wrote:I already have the 2 player graphics rip'd from GH3 for preparation. One idea i had, depending on the logic, would be to 1/2 every hit/miss (Since the original game's meter is pretty gradual), and have every Hit also count as a miss for opponent, and work the same vice versa. So, when a player missed, it will take off a little like normal on player 1, and when you Hit, it add's one to your side. Like a sort of tug of war effect.
But using 1 marker in general on 1 Meter. So a Hit on player 1, makes the meter marker count 1/2 a space over towards the left, and a Hit on player 2 makes the meter mark count 1/2 space over towards the right side.
IE-

(-----<=====|==------------) <- text graphics representation of 2 player graphic Meter.
|---- Edge that moves left and right, starting from the center.

this sounds GREAT
qqstars

Postby qqstars » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:04 pm

You mean that just like the battle mode?

no failing but the battle?

I think what you said can be done, but, what need to do, is to change the code on dopick3()

and that is complicated, because that the dopick3() works for every player on the same time. But can be solved by set a variable or array to mark when a player hit a note.

Then in the render(), change the code at the beginning. Add some IFs, to make the rockmeter to rotated a little angle.

And at last, change the postion of the meters and rockmeters. But I think that is the most hard one. If you can read the code, you can find that the meters drawed for each one is the same. Also we can change it, but I think that will take a lot of time on debug the position :)
-
ozzystrikes

Postby ozzystrikes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:05 pm

hey qqstars its gonna be possible 2 player coop?
ShiekOdaSandz

Postby ShiekOdaSandz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:09 pm

I think it can be done. When I get a chance, I plan on looking at the code and trying to implement it. If qqstras works on the battle mode, then I will do co-op mode. I like co-op more than battle mode anyway, so that is why I want to get it to run. :)

@worldrave: great idea, and I think qqstars could get it to work. Nice work on all the graphics as well. You sure are doing one heck of a job.
Last edited by ShiekOdaSandz on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:25 pm

Thanks, and so are you guys. Keep up the fantastic work!!! With the batch of us, all working together in unison. Such a beautiful thing finally!!! Each contributing different things there good at, which so far is working perfectly. I'm amazed how many new things that have been added in such a short time to 1.2.451, FINALLY!!!!

Good luck to you on the battle mode qqstars, and also good luck to you ShiekOdaSandz on doing co-op mode. I guess as long as things are going good, i can start doing the main screen choices from the ripped graphics i got, since we will have most of the gh3 ones in the end workable after all this, provided every works. I got a lot of faith in ya both though, so i'm confident on that end.
awc1300

Postby awc1300 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:25 pm

how do you get this to work on alarian v 2.7
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:27 pm

already implemented
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”