EOF 0.6 Released - UI Updates with 3D Preview

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 16 years and 4 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:36 pm

Current Version: 0.996.

Project Website
Download Link
MediaFire Link

Version History:

0.996:

Added claps and metronome shortcut keys ('K' and 'M' respectively) and corresponding info to the information panel.

Fixed metronome/claps bugs for rewind/forward and slow-motion playback.

Fixed metronome/claps bug which caused audio stuttering when moving mouse over the menu.

0.995:

Added Claps and Metronome sounds!

0.99:

Added snapping option for 1/12 notes.

Added snap info to the information pane.

Added shortcut keys to change the snap mode ("," to previous mode, "." to next mode).

Changed slow-mo key from Shift to Control.

Fixed overlapping notes bug.

0.98:

Added workaround for anchor being deleted while moving. Now unnecessary anchors won't be deleted until the mouse is released.

Added an option to disable Windows native UI features for file selections and use the built-in selectors from the previous versions. Go to "File->Settings" and select "Disable Windows UI."

0.97:

Added HOPO views. Go to "Edit->HOPO" and select your view. Default is RF.

Added new grid snapping options for 24th and 48th notes.

Added an option to delete anchors. Go to "Beat->Delete Anchor" and the anchor will be deleted and the beat lines readjusted to match the remaining anchors.

Fixed glitch in piano roll editor making placed notes appear slightly moved when you hover over them.

Improved MIDI import algorithm, BPM changes should be more accurate.

0.96:

Added undo support. You can undo up to 8 times. Just select "Edit->Undo" or press Ctrl+Z.

Fixed note range select bug where notes in all difficulties would be selected instead of just the ones in the current difficulty.

0.95:

Now uses Windows file select and folder select dialogs when in windowed mode.

Updated UI to look more modern.

Made menu to always show. Now you don't have to press tilde of alt to bring it up.

Added full screen support. Press Alt+Enter to switch. EOF will remember the last selected mode and will launch in that mode. Implementation is incomplete at the moment, program will minimize when certain tasks are performed and you will have to manually switch back.

Changed default edit mode to Piano Roll as I believe it is the most user friendly of all the modes.

0.94:

Added initial support for importing MP3s. If you import an MP3 it will automatically be converted to OGG (no settings yet).

Added option to set a beat anchor by time (Beat->Anchor Beat).

Added "Anchor All Beats" setting. If selected, all beats will be moveable. If disabled, only beats at BPM changes will be moveable.

Added safeguard against moving a beat marker past previous/next beat marker.

Fixed piano roll inserting additional colors in a note when using inverted notes.

0.93:

Added anchored beat support. Now you can move beats with the mouse and a new BPM will be calculated for the previous BPM change and, if there is another BPM change later in the song, the current BPM. The new BPMs are calculated as you move the anchored beat.

Fixed bug that made the note length not be set for the new notes as advertised in the previous release. EOF was still setting the length to 100 despite what length was shown on the "pen."

0.92:

New input method: RexMundi Hover the mouse where you want a note and press 1-5 to place a new note. Alternately, if you are hovering over an existing note, 1-5 will toggle the colors in that note.

Added right-click menu (only available in RexMundi input mode for now).

Made default note lengths to be dependant on which grid snap mode you are using. If snap is off it is still 100, but if snap is on the note will be the length of the snap (e.g. 1/8 snap makes the default length a 1/8 note).

Added Speed and Zoom to the Edit menu. Speed is the speed of the 3D preview scrolling. Zoom is the zoom level of the edit panel.

Empty notes are erased properly in piano roll mode.

0.91:

Fixed bug in Piano Roll mode where notes would disappear when they should be highlighted during music playback.

0.9:

Added new edit modes. Now you can choose from Classic, Hold (hold 1-5 and right-click to place notes), and Piano Roll. Go to "File->Settings" and choose your preferred method.

Added command line support for MIDI import.

MIDI import now load song information from the "song.ini" file.

Fixed grid snap moving notes when trying to deselect.

Fixed MIDI import. Now supports VPBM MIDIs.

Fixed bug in MIDI import where meta events could overwrite the MIDI running status and cause some tracks to not import properly. Now loading of GH2 and 80s tracks works.

0.89:

Initial support for MIDI import. Only works for non-VBPM songs at the moment. Also, does not import settings from the song.ini file yet. You should not load and save to the MIDI directly. If you are going to open a MIDI and work on it during several sessions, you should load the EOF file for subsequent edits to ensure the note positions stay as accurate as possible.

Pressing Enter to place notes now allows longer notes by holding the Enter key when the song is playing. If the song is paused, the default note length will still be applied.

0.88:

Playback controls and time displayed in upper right corner.

The window title now shows the current part in addition to the song title.

Snap to grid options. Set to off by default, select 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, or 1/32 to snap to that size note (1/4 is a whole beat). Affects new note placement as well as note moving.

Now you can press Enter to place a note at the current position. Works while song is paused and while it is playing. Grid snap does not affect this feature.

Fixed "Test In FOF" feature selecting wrong part and going out of range sometimes.

0.87:

Fixed saving problem with tempo track. Songs using default BPM will now save properly.

0.86:

Disabled some debugging stuff I had left enabled by accident.

0.85:

Support for PART DRUM added.

Added command line launch support.

0.8:

VBPM support! Select the beat you want to edit the BPM of and go to "Beat->BPM Change" menu to set. Alternately, select the beat and some notes that occur on the beat and use "Beat->Calculate BPM" to do it automatically.

0.7:

Beat lines now appear in the Editor and 3D Preview panes.

MIDI offset now taken into account when exporting MIDI and when drawing the beat lines.

Position line in 3D Preview now drawn at the correct location for all AV delay settings.

Notes Z position in 3D Preview slightly changed to be more accurate.

0.69:

Supports BPM other than the default 120. Go to "Song->Properties" to set.

Added BPM calculator. Just select some consecutive notes that occur on the beat and go to the "Beat->Calculate BPM" menu item.

Added support for additional song information. Now saves BPM, Frets By, and MIDI offset, the latter two also written to the INI file.

Now updates INI file properly upon save.

0.65:

Lefty mode for 3D preview.

Smooth playback mode (experimental). If playback isn't smooth for you, try this option.

Added additional settings to the Settings screen (F10 or File->Settings) to set Inverted Notes, Lefty Mode, and Smooth Playback mode.

3D preview borders drawn correctly.

0.6:

UI overhaul now uses more visually pleasing fonts, tabbed interface for difficulty selection, and a new 3D preview window!
Last edited by NewCreature on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
kaiba1234

Postby kaiba1234 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:39 pm

sweet. ill be waiting for importable midis!
Last edited by kaiba1234 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poison

Postby poison » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:01 pm

whoa! great update!
blah blah blah...
Songs Made: 3
Latest:
Good Charolette - Keep Your Hands off my Girl
Eat Moar Bunnies!
Def_Monk

Postby Def_Monk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:11 pm

Omg, its like an 8-bit GH. That be so cool, lol. Rock out on an NES? lol. awesome update. If you're still taking ideas, a clap feature like in dB would be nice. (Clap sound whenever a note is hit, easier to synch things perfectly. xD) Variable BPM is also a good thing to have. ;) lol
Life would be so much easier if we just had the damn source code.
RexMundi412

Postby RexMundi412 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:29 pm

Looking real good! But like kaiba1234, I'll wait for importable midis. Lest you are unable to work that out? Then I'll try making a song on the newest update you may have out.

Thanks for your work,
Rex
mikpige

Postby mikpige » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:57 pm

New Features:....and a new 3D preview window!
:) very good work, Thanks !

is it possible to add a option : invert notes ?
why : because i'm left hand and i my brain can't imagine song in reverse :O
if it's not too hard of course...ty :)
please consider the environment, do you really need to kill your planet ?
smedricksman24

Postby smedricksman24 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:04 pm

You're just cranking this out! Nice work!
Why am I on this website? I'm clearly over the age limit of 14.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:13 pm

If you're still taking ideas, a clap feature like in dB would be nice.

I tried to do it but for some reason the sound doesn't play at the exact time I sound it every time.

is it possible to add a option : invert notes ?

I'll do it tomorrow. Not that hard, I already did it for the top view before.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:52 pm

Oh ho ho! Now this is awesome! I love the "3d Preview" This has really progressed, but I have to say, you should stop with a new topic for every update, maybe just have one EOF topic and update the first post whenever a new version comes out.
ozzystrikes

Postby ozzystrikes » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:28 pm

This Sound Great Men Ill Try It Maybe Now I Learn How To Make Songs

And How Do I Do The Ho/Po?
Last edited by ozzystrikes on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniping_dreamer

Postby sniping_dreamer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:58 pm

This is getting to be very awesome. I like where this project is going to.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:33 pm

HOLY CRAP this is progressing very nicely! I can not wait to see how this turns out in the future (but don't rush it :;):). The 3D preview looks great. Keep it up!
ozzystrikes wrote:How Do I Do The Ho/Po?

Ho/Po notes are automattically detected by FoF, so you don't manually place them. Depending on the tempo of your song, notes that are very close together (and follow the other Ho/Po rules of a) It's not a chord and B) There is a change in note), it will automattically turn into a Ho/Po note.

I can only imagine how awesome 1.0 will be if this is only 0.6 :)
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
COBHATECREW419
Super_Crazy_Dude

Postby Super_Crazy_Dude » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:20 am

cool great
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!! OWNS!!!!!!
ozzystrikes

Postby ozzystrikes » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:53 am

jake2k3 wrote:HOLY CRAP this is progressing very nicely! I can not wait to see how this turns out in the future (but don't rush it :;):). The 3D preview looks great. Keep it up!
ozzystrikes wrote:How Do I Do The Ho/Po?

Ho/Po notes are automattically detected by FoF, so you don't manually place them. Depending on the tempo of your song, notes that are very close together (and follow the other Ho/Po rules of a) It's not a chord and B) There is a change in note), it will automattically turn into a Ho/Po note.

I can only imagine how awesome 1.0 will be if this is only 0.6 :)
~Jake2k3

:D :D :D :D

Thanks Dude
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:19 am

Quoted from other topic

590 is pretty high for an AV delay. You should load the AV Delay song and set a proper AV delay. When playing back the AV Delay song the notes should light up exactly when they are audibly sounded. If they don't, adjust the AV delay until they do (use +/- to adjust while song is playing).

Do you calculate A/V delay by milliseconds? Because 590 is only a little more than have a second in milliseconds. That's not a huge delay at all. The issue I had was that the notes light up when they are audibly sounded in EOF, but they don't come at the right place in FoF.

The 3d preview is awesome. It really helps to make sure the stuff lines up properly. Great job, man. It's amazing how fast this is progressing. You'll probably have another version up by the time I click the "post" button.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”