WorldRave's GH3 Mod. - Your wanted the real deal, you got it!!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Ultima

Postby Ultima » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:52 pm

ok so it was working just fine the first 2 days i used it. i did NOTHING TO IT but play it, and im getting this error.

i tried Re-Installing it, no luck. if someone can help i would appreciate it. btw, AWESOME MOD WORLDRAVE!!

EDIT: im suck a ****, i fixed my own problem. my stupid ass decided to drag the LAUNCHER to my desktop for easy access instead of making a shortcut -.- anyways i fixed it *claps*
Last edited by Ultima on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mathijsjansen86

Postby Mathijsjansen86 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:58 pm

I've been playing Guitar hero 3 on the Wii at my parents for quite some time. Thanks to this mod I can now play it at my computer as well.
The only question I have is that when in the Wii version, there are notes, which you don't have to strum. In this version, you have to strum every note. Can this be adjusted, or is it just available in another version of the game.
I player frets on fire 1.2 before and there I saw these notes you can play without stumming.

Keep up the good work!
Ultima

Postby Ultima » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:05 pm

Mathijsjansen86 wrote:I've been playing Guitar hero 3 on the Wii at my parents for quite some time. Thanks to this mod I can now play it at my computer as well.
The only question I have is that when in the Wii version, there are notes, which you don't have to strum. In this version, you have to strum every note. Can this be adjusted, or is it just available in another version of the game.
I player frets on fire 1.2 before and there I saw these notes you can play without stumming.

Keep up the good work!

the notes that you speak of that you "dont strum" are there, just not very visable. there slightly different colored with a black ring around the bottom and the top white is slightly brighter.

HOPEFULLY WORLDRAVE WILL BE AWESOME AND FIX THEM IN THE UPDATE ^.^
Killmaster222

Postby Killmaster222 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:16 pm

The only question I have is that when in the Wii version, there are notes, which you don't have to strum. In this version, you have to strum every note.

Lol the notes that you dont have to strum are called HOPO's (hammerons/pull-offs) so guess what that means?...

Mathijsjansen86

Postby Mathijsjansen86 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Well I tried to play Lay Down by Priestess, which I played a lot on the Wii. In this song, I know where these HO-PO notes are located (just found out they are called HOPO notes)
But even then, I can't play these notes.
Is this because this information isn't in the files, or is it just that FoF can't recognize the notes

(I have HO-PO notes enabled in the settings)
Killmaster222

Postby Killmaster222 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:25 pm

they are working but they are in a different color, also lurk moar on HOPO's
i_pk_pjers_i

Postby i_pk_pjers_i » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:37 pm

thanks alot. :D
Last edited by i_pk_pjers_i on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:56 pm

Great mod, works great, doesn't load too slow for me. But really, ho/po notes have to be more visible, it's almost impossible to see them as it is.
Mathijsjansen86

Postby Mathijsjansen86 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:03 am

I think you misunderstood me.
Because I play the Wii version a lot I just know which notes should be HOPO notes (for example in Lay Down by Priestess). But when I play them, they don't work.
So it's not that I can't see them, I just can't play them if they should be there.
Ultima

Postby Ultima » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:08 am

Mathijsjansen86 wrote:I think you misunderstood me.
Because I play the Wii version a lot I just know which notes should be HOPO notes (for example in Lay Down by Priestess). But when I play them, they don't work.
So it's not that I can't see them, I just can't play them if they should be there.

Well, im sure you know you have to turn on HO/PO's on in the settings, and apply them but i THINK this mod treats HO/PO's differently. like, if theres a crazy solo you sometimes get by tapping all the keys as fast as you can and it hits them all, that only works on frets without this mod, with this mod you have to tap ACCURATE or it will stop your streak.
Mathijsjansen86

Postby Mathijsjansen86 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:51 am

Perhaps it is the fact that FoF threats HOPO notes diffently. I think that FoF just looks if notes are close to each other and then makes some notes HOPO notes.
But in GH3 HOPO notes are just in some songs and not just if notes are close to each other.
Is there some way I can look in the source code of the song I have imported, so I can see if the notes which should be HOPO notes are really different in the source code?
I really hope someone can help me, so I can play my favorite game at my pc as well.

(and yes I have HOPO notes enabled in the settings menu)

EDIT
I installed the 1.2.512 version of FoF and in this version I can play the HOPO notes perfectly. So the file should not be the problem.
Does the mod cause the problem or is it that version 1.1 can't handle HOPO notes
Last edited by Mathijsjansen86 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanzleramt

Postby Kanzleramt » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:48 pm

i have a problem with the cassette labels they r not corectly shown for me in the background they all have the CD labels on it ! how can i correct this ?
runUova99

Postby runUova99 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:58 pm

Kanzleramt wrote:i have a problem with the cassette labels they r not corectly shown for me in the background they all have the CD labels on it ! how can i correct this ?

Your probably using the wrong version. (see page 1)

-luther
"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world...but I guarantee that I will spark the mind of the person who does."

-Tupac Amaru Shakur
Kanzleramt

Postby Kanzleramt » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:58 pm

thx m8 gonna look there now ! i didnt find anything helpfully written thing for me and my problem before i have used this nice mod i have used a other 1.1324 version and all the things runs nice without any problems !
Last edited by Kanzleramt on Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hwLUke

Postby hwLUke » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Mathijsjansen86 wrote:Perhaps it is the fact that FoF threats HOPO notes diffently. I think that FoF just looks if notes are close to each other and then makes some notes HOPO notes.
But in GH3 HOPO notes are just in some songs and not just if notes are close to each other.
Is there some way I can look in the source code of the song I have imported, so I can see if the notes which should be HOPO notes are really different in the source code?
I really hope someone can help me, so I can play my favorite game at my pc as well.

(and yes I have HOPO notes enabled in the settings menu)

EDIT
I installed the 1.2.512 version of FoF and in this version I can play the HOPO notes perfectly. So the file should not be the problem.
Does the mod cause the problem or is it that version 1.1 can't handle HOPO notes

From what I know FoF 1.1.x normaly doesn't have HOPOs at all. FoF 1.2.x has HOPOs and it has too much of HOPOs... Since this mod is for 1.1.x it shouldn't have HOPOs at all but thanks to our great modders/programmers (dunno how to call them:P) we can use HOPOs in 1.1.x. And having HOPOs or not in songs depends on how far are the notes placed from each other and also on the BPM of the song. In GH3 notes are placed manually by game makers and thei're always in the same place, FoF is not perfect (YET!) and it still has some things to fix/change but i think it's awesome anyway :) In "Lay down" there are almost no HOPOs at all ( just few somewhere near the middle of the song), try other songs and check if you have HOPOs there
Last edited by hwLUke on Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”