Best Guitar to use with FoF?

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 16 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
DssJoe

Postby DssJoe » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:16 pm

I've discovered FoF only about a week ago, and I'm hooked as hell! I've been looking into buying a guitar that would work well with FoF and realized there are many, many choices. Out of all the choices, looks like the X-plorer wired Xbox360 is the easiest setup (but I believe it looks like crap), though the GH PS2 standard guitar is cheaper and only requires a PS2USB adapter (from what I understand... Any adapter would work?). What about the wired Les Paul Xbox360 - is it worth the money? Is it as responsive as the others? Should I look for anything else?
ateshu

Postby ateshu » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:13 pm

I would just buy the "freedom V wireless controller" (I would choose red, or the "double ranged freedom V wireless controller".

I'm getting myself a red freedom V in about 3 months or something with an extra faceplate and a ps2/usb adaptor.

You can find the guitars on The Ant Commando's
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 pm

Wait for Wii guitars to be sold separately. Wireless!
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:08 pm

or of course if you wanted wireless you could allways go for the GH3 guitar!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
DssJoe

Postby DssJoe » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:30 am

The Freedom V Wireless looks like a really inexpensive wireless solution... The Wii guitar needs the wiimote, the receiver and the Wii version of the guitar, and the Les Paul isn't available without the game, runs a pretty steep price and is not very available right now :S I'll see what other people have to say about the Freedom V Wireless (double sounds cool too!)
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:23 am

Regarding the PS2-USB adaptor... no you cant just use any adaptor, some dont work at all, with FoF, others work ok-ish but you will probably need Joy2key to make it work properly, then some adaptors work perfectly ( like mine) it doesnt require any drivers, and everything works perfect without having to use something like joy2key, you can just plug it in and load FOF and it will see it right away.

Yes if you want ease of use, go with the 360 xplorer, its literaly just plug n play. From what i hear, using the wireless les paul and an Xbox wireless receiver, plugged into your Pc works quite well too. If you can buy one seperatly, a Rockband guitar will work also ( if its the xbox version that too will be plug n play)
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
dionzorrr

Postby dionzorrr » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:50 am

nobby76 wrote:Regarding the PS2-USB adaptor... no you cant just use any adaptor, some dont work at all, with FoF, others work ok-ish but you will probably need Joy2key to make it work properly, then some adaptors work perfectly ( like mine) it doesnt require any drivers, and everything works perfect without having to use something like joy2key, you can just plug it in and load FOF and it will see it right away.

Yes if you want ease of use, go with the 360 xplorer, its literaly just plug n play. From what i hear, using the wireless les paul and an Xbox wireless receiver, plugged into your Pc works quite well too. If you can buy one seperatly, a Rockband guitar will work also ( if its the xbox version that too will be plug n play)

motioned'ed :D
Don't PM me about my 'Potty-Mouth' kk.
Song's made: dragon ball z - American theme , rouge trader's - do you wanna

ImageImage
Duckmeister

Postby Duckmeister » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:45 am

X-Plorer.
Kanzleramt

Postby Kanzleramt » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:04 pm

xplorer and the new gibson
DssJoe

Postby DssJoe » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 pm

nobby76 wrote:Regarding the PS2-USB adaptor... no you cant just use any adaptor, some dont work at all, with FoF, others work ok-ish but you will probably need Joy2key to make it work properly, then some adaptors work perfectly ( like mine) it doesnt require any drivers, and everything works perfect without having to use something like joy2key, you can just plug it in and load FOF and it will see it right away.

Very informative indeed! Where did you get your PS2-USB, and where can I get mine :-o I think I've decided on the Wireless Freedom V, unless the adaptor is really pricey or generally unavailable. I mean if I have to resort to Joy2Key and it doesn't affect my performance, I'll do it, but I'd rather have proper hardware in the first place :) Anyone with experience on PS2-USB?
chopper

Postby chopper » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:37 pm

Having bought GH3 on the Playstation 2 for my kids for christmas, I have since stumbled accross FOF - and have been impressed.

I have used a Rockfire PX-205 PS2-USB adapter sold by Maplin for a tenner and it works fine with the wireless PS2 GH3 guitar - I didn't even need Joy2Key.

Hope that helps
i_pk_pjers_i

Postby i_pk_pjers_i » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 pm

does the freedom v work with plugnplay? or how does it work
jordan15b

Postby jordan15b » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:43 am

use the xplorer its what i use and works great didnt have to do anything xtra just plug and play basically

Return to “General FOF Discussion”