Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

FOF discussion only. Do NOT post help questions here!
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Fretsonfire IRC channel - Now with added Jurgen-Bot!

Postby nobby76 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:17 pm

Ok its here.. Dont all scream at once Lol

I have deided to do an IRC channel for the forum. Its nothing fancy yet, theres no commands, for users to play with ( at the moment) but i am thinking about scripting a V basic live tech support, but that will come later. We need the people to come first, otherwise thers no point :)
So if you wanna chat to other FoF users live! then this is a place you can go!
OK the details....Its on Undernet.org ( you standard mIRC client should have undernet in the list allready) And the channel name is.. #FOF-FF.
So as i said if you want to chat to others about the game, mods, songs or any tech support (if an Op is around) , then come on in!

BTW if you see jurgen in there Dont talk to him.. Hes moody, but thats because he has to sit around with mere mortals like us! :D
*edit, You can now talk to Jurgen-bot and get automated help from him. He only has a few help topics at the moment, but more will be added
*edit 2, You can also access the chatroom by going to Web chat (Java-based) and using #FOF-FF as the channel name
*edit 3, Another web chat: http://tinyurl.com/62jdpj (Ajax-based) (Easiest method)

*just a side note... can people stop leaving messages with silly things like " why dont you use this server or this app its way easier " we use standard IRC for several reasons. 1 its what we the channel creators are used to making it easier for us to set up and maintain, 2 its text only chat so its the least amount of strain on your bandwidth *see we do think about you guys :tongue: 3 reasons one and two are so good we dont need a third reason....

Have fun!
Nobby76

Update : We have moved....

As of 25th December we will be switching over to the new servers. The connection issues on Undernet were getting to the point of unmanageable, so we have been testing a different set of servers, that were both big enough to have multiple servers across both the US and Europe and to be small enough that you don't get millions of IRC nublets crashing the party ( damn those IRC nublets grrr :angry: )

OK. The info you need...

The new servers are at GameSurge.net The channel name is still the same tho.. #FOF-FF

Here's a list of servers you can connect to and add to your IRC client . . GameSurge servers
Or if you would rather connect via Mibbit you still can, by clicking this link #FoF-FF on Mibbit

To join the channel from an IRC client, use one of the servers above, then once it has connected just type /join #fof-ff
If you use the Mibbit link, after inputting a name it will take you directly to the channel, so you will not need to do the /join command
The new Mibbit link will also replace the current one found in the Top Right corner of the forum.

Happy Holidays from the IRC Op's.. Nwru, Nobby76 & Xbox360922
Last edited by wolferacing on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
xbox360922

Postby xbox360922 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:20 pm

Please join! We are lonely in here!
Last edited by xbox360922 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kdb424

Postby kdb424 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:23 pm

Link plz. I don't know how to work it.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:24 pm

yay ! my first person to come see thr chanel!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:32 pm

There isnt a link, its not a website its mIRC its a tiny chat program. Just DL the mIRC program ( google will find it right away) Then in your connection setup just try adding your username ( the same as here ) then in the servers tab, just set it to any Undernet.org server.
Then you should be able to connect :)
Then the channel name is FOF-FF so to join you would type /j FOF-FF
and that will take you to the channel.
BTW mIRC is probably the oldest chat program going i was using this about 12 years ago! :)

*edit
Ok so to just break this down a bit. If you Download mIRC from HERE! ( this is a chat program for IRC)
You just need to put in a few deatails like your nickname and alt nickname ( if your first choice is used by somebody else )
Then in " servers " scroll down the list untill you see Undernet.org, choose that! now hit the connect button!
It should start logging you into the server now, once it has, you need to join the channel, by typing /j FOF-FF ( /j means join ! )
That should be it you should now be in the channel, looking at a few people , waiting for others to join them Lol
Last edited by nobby76 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:12 pm

hasnt there already been one of these chatroom things?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:14 pm

coolcheese did one but it was web based, and at the time people wasnt interested, but over the last week or so, several people have mentioned it. so i thought what the hell , it aint hard to set up.
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:21 pm

The server is down I think. I can't connect.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:32 pm

R4L wrote:The server is down I think. I can't connect.

you just did Lol! i remember talking to you!
There are about 10 undernet servers, you can connect to any of them! they are all linked together!
kdb424

Postby kdb424 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:42 pm

I got banned from every server for a random drone nick or whatever, and I used kdb424 as my name. I wonder why.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:25 am

not sure about that! try changing your name slightly?? try something like kbd42-4 or something, failing that see if you can find out anything on google , or the mirc site?
Playin' bongos mofo!
gebbss

Postby gebbss » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:53 am

Gah, I just had to uninstall mIRC a couple months ago didn't I? >.< I guess I'll have to go download it again then..
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:43 am

you know you want to !! Lol
dionzorrr

Postby dionzorrr » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:22 am

poeple should start comming on ....
im there , i think =\ lol
Don't PM me about my 'Potty-Mouth' kk.
Song's made: dragon ball z - American theme , rouge trader's - do you wanna

ImageImage
Dreakon

Postby Dreakon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:57 am

nobby76 wrote:There isnt a link, its not a website

irc://undernet.org/FOF-FF

That is normally what the link to an IRC channel would look like. For some reason I can't connect with it though, if anyone wants to correct it.
Last edited by Dreakon on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General FOF Discussion”