FOF 1.3 - Let's try and think about what's coming

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
poison

Postby poison » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:12 pm

Killmaster222 wrote:
One of my big requests would be 2D notes instead of models.

Actually that is now already available in this mod: http://www.keyboardsonfire.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1932
It's Pretty cool and you have the option to select a neck

WHOA - That is SLICK!
blah blah blah...
Songs Made: 3
Latest:
Good Charolette - Keep Your Hands off my Girl
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Killmaster222 wrote:
warhol wrote:
yoyokid2008 wrote:You also forgot the 8x multipier for Jurgen Power

No.

Yeah it will probably F**k with the world charts then everything will be going crazy with the high scores so yeah, no 8x multiplier

If it's FOF standard though (and hopefully with the low requirements of 1.1.324), included with the other HMod functions... I dunno, if EVERYONE had access to it (as it would be stock with FOF), it might not be that bad.
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:53 pm

I don't know if the miss one - strum twice to continue -bug has been fixed already, but that really should be fixed in 1.3. As long as that's around, I'm not touching other versions but 1.1.
piccia

Postby piccia » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:03 pm

I would like to see some anti-cheat security fixes, as already said in https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=16595

(still waiting for alex's answer to my second post ;))
Get the latest FOF Contest Server:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fofcs/
GH Angelic Ripper
yugiultimate2004

Postby yugiultimate2004 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:36 pm

i think that whammy bar is reasonable just use the up and down keys for it...rock band ripping would be nice though.
i am the tabber of the future well for my songs anyways...

--- my songs ---
(updated when i get new songs tabbed.) -- check often
v4vendetta

Postby v4vendetta » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:24 pm

I agree with everything in the first post, except not adding online play. Come on, let us dream!
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:47 pm

piccia wrote:I would like to see some anti-cheat security fixes, as already said in https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=16595

(still waiting for alex's answer to my second post ;))

what is your second post?

-Alex
piccia

Postby piccia » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:34 am

I mean my second (and third) post in that thread, where I disagree with you about the hash being used as a primary song identification key :)
Get the latest FOF Contest Server:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fofcs/
fddr153

Postby fddr153 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:39 pm

as long as the game dont loses Linux support anything is fine by me....cause I see a lot of things you guys want to implement cant be done on Linux cuz of some python stuff about Library.zip.....
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:25 pm

fddr153 wrote:as long as the game dont loses Linux support anything is fine by me....cause I see a lot of things you guys want to implement cant be done on Linux cuz of some python stuff about Library.zip.....

The tool used to make the linux version (cx_freeze) doesn't support library.zip. It actually bundles all the files in with the main FretsOnFire.bin file, so you cannot easily replace them.

I'm looking at using a new packager for all platforms which does support a separate library.zip for everything. We will see how that works out.

-Alex
warhol

Postby warhol » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:01 am

yugiultimate2004 wrote:i think that whammy bar is reasonable just use the up and down keys for it...rock band ripping would be nice though.

What about songs with a guitar.ogg being the whole song?
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
The End

Postby The End » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:52 am

warhol wrote:
yugiultimate2004 wrote:i think that whammy bar is reasonable just use the up and down keys for it...rock band ripping would be nice though.

Yeah, and Whammy serves no real gameplay purpose other to boost starpower, and increase your rock, and didnt we prove that its impossible to do real time sound distortion in python?
Bramahbull

Postby Bramahbull » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:55 am

The End wrote:
warhol wrote:

Yeah, and Whammy serves no real gameplay purpose other to boost starpower, and increase your rock, and didnt we prove that its impossible to do real time sound distortion in python?

If there was ever to be a whammy bar on FoF, I think it would be nice to have it simply for the fun factor. Nothing related to "boosting" Jugen power or points for doing it... but simply just to add to the emulation of a guitar.
Rogue_F

Postby Rogue_F » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:47 am

Bramahbull wrote:
The End wrote:
warhol wrote:

If there was ever to be a whammy bar on FoF, I think it would be nice to have it simply for the fun factor. Nothing related to "boosting" Jugen power or points for doing it... but simply just to add to the emulation of a guitar.

most guitars do NOT support the whammy bar. This is a function of the ps2 to usb controller. They don't send the analog whammy.

The only ones which work are the xplorer, and maybe the wireless gh3 one.

-Alex
Bramahbull

Postby Bramahbull » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:41 am

My Ps3 to Ps2 usb controller converter enables the whammy on the ps3 and pc pretty much flawlessly.
Last edited by Bramahbull on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Thoughts ?”