something kinda crazy - but would be cool

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Fret Master

Postby Fret Master » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:20 pm

hey, I was just wondering and wanted to see if anyone knew. I was wondering if it would be possible to take the frets on fire files from your computer, put it on some kind of burnable disc and play it on a ps1, ps2, xbox 360, or wii or something.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:26 pm

Unless those consoles ran on Windows, that'd take a LOT of work. Like as in you'd need the Microsoft/Sony SDK tools because you'd have to make an entire new game.

However, it is possible to take certain custom FOF songs and put them in GHII and GHIII
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Fret Master

Postby Fret Master » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:07 pm

so what if it was like an wbox 360? would it work then?(considering it's microsoft)
Scooter1974

Postby Scooter1974 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Not sure about the 360 but you "could" run it on a regular xbox assuming its modded and you were running linux on it or windows 98. I havent tried it on my xbox but now im kind of curious. I doubt it would run very well though due to the small amount of ram the xbox has.
Blue Murder wrote:To the person who said Coheed and Cambria is gay, I would very much appreciate it if you would sew your mouth shut and cut off all your fingers and communicate with us by bashing your hands into the keyboard like you have parkinson's disease.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:50 am

360s don't run on windows

Unless you could install linux on one of the consoles you're pretty much ******.

I think there's a bunch of people who are getting Linux on the Wii, and I think they've got it on the PS3 as well but I don't know (because I don't care).
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Fret Master

Postby Fret Master » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:34 pm

Now I know this may sound kinda pathetic, but what exactly is linux? ???
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:42 pm

Fret Master wrote:but what exactly is linux? ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
Fret Master

Postby Fret Master » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:23 pm

thanks blackfate for the information. also - scooter 1974 you said you were curious about this idea. well if your are really interested and you really wanted to try it that would be great! what ever the results it would be great if you could notify me somehow and I could post a new topic on how to do it! (this message could go out to anyone else who wanted to try this also).
Last edited by Fret Master on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grensley

Postby grensley » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:54 pm

Fret Master wrote:Now I know this may sound kinda pathetic, but what exactly is linux? ???

seriously man...GOOGLE/WIKIPEDIA
It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Recently finished:
Pistol Grip Pump by RATM
12 Bar Blues
Wake Up by RATM
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:58 pm

ps3's and psp's use a version of linux, and you can use feedBack on a psp so that means that IT IS POSSIBLE be able to make something similar.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:24 pm

PSP's can't run Linux (at least, in any significant way). You've probably been misinformed.

The PSP already has a GH clone that runs Freetar songs, but it's kinda buggy and it crashes a lot. Also, it's really hard to find a decent control set (I hold the PSP upside-down and use O, X and [] as frets and the analog to strum, but then you can only play 3 notes). As well as FeedBack, but that's never worked for me.

The PS3 can run Linux with no problem, IIRC, so there shouldn't be much of a problem there... right?

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)

Return to “Thoughts ?”