Forum downloads?

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
DesecratedStudios

Forum downloads?

Postby DesecratedStudios » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Why is almost every download on the forum deleted or missing? Like all of my favorite songs are not existent now. About a year ago i did not have this problem, but now it seems like they are all gone. I understand that some are missing because Megaupload was taken down, but people should try to re-upload them on mediafire or something idk. Oh and i love the Wiki for all of the songs, even though a lot of those don't work as well.

Thanks
- Josh
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Forum downloads?

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:53 pm

I take it you do not keep up to date with internet news, not heard anything about mega upload getting shut down by the FBI for piracy issues.. When that happened lots of other host sites also closed the doors to save themselves from getting busted by the feds. about 10 different websites all closed ( they happened to be the websites the songs are uploaded to) so basically all those download links are dead. and will remain that way untill somebody uploads them all again.. its safe to say a chunk of those songs are gone forever. just keep trying links some might work, most will not.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
DesecratedStudios

Postby DesecratedStudios » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 pm

"I take it you do not keep up to date with internet news, not heard anything about mega upload getting shut down by the FBI for piracy issues"

No i knew this, that is why i said MegaUpload was taken down. It is a shame that most songs were uploaded to that, and not mediafire. But i have also noticed a lot of songs are being taken off of Mediafire as well, im guessing it is because of that reason you stated.

I guess i could just request the songs i really want? I would chart them myself but i recall me being terrible at it, i just didn't have the patience for it.

Thanks for responding though! It's a nice feeling to know this forum is not dead! :)
- Josh
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 am

Sorry totally missed the line where you mentioned mega upload :rolleyes:

yeah your best bet is if the link is dead ask if someone who has it could upload it. there are still a few users that have large collections, you might get lucky on some files.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:57 am

Well me and Angevil had our songs in Mediafire and they removed all our stuff from our accounts. So now I've been busy reuploading all my stuff to my account again... :angry:
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Puppetz wrote:Well me and Angevil had our songs in Mediafire and they removed all our stuff from our accounts. So now I've been busy reuploading all my stuff to my account again... :angry:

My stuff remains untouched, except a couple songs, but those were fixed with scheming. But i think the main difference is that you guys get like 30 to 1 downloads of your songs. So you'll be watched more
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

CrOdino

Postby CrOdino » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 pm

my songs are on mediafire and they rarely get deleted, plus I check all links once every 3-4 months. One of the biggest problem, at least for me, is that people never tell "hello, link xxxx is dead".

- 1st place March Guitar competition (Anthrax - Panic 95.5/100)
- 6th place April Guitar competition (Orphaned Land - Ocean Land 97/100)
DesecratedStudios

Postby DesecratedStudios » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Yeah almost all of your links are dead Puppetz. That sucks that they had to remove them! Why don't we just have everyone collaborate with their libraries and put them all into one big rar file so everyone can have all of the songs? Im guessing a lot of people still have those songs that are now dead. It just sucks so much, i go to your thread Puppetz and i love a lot of those songs but there all dead :(
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:50 am

DesecratedStudios wrote: Why don't we just have everyone collaborate with their libraries and put them all into one big rar file so everyone can have all of the songs?

Because nobody in their right mind would EVER upload (or download for that matter) a 75+GB single rar file. Almost nobody has the resources to handle a file that large in one go either. Besides that NO host site would allow an upload or download of that size. And what happens is somebody wants only 1000 songs out of the 100,000 or so songs that have been made? The poor b*stard would have to download a massive file containing thousands of files he doesnt want just to get the songs he does want.. The ONLY way you would get a collection of songs that size online is through a torrent and that has been done several times before. You can still find torrents of large collections knocking around the more popular torrent sites.
Even using torrents is problematic, any time you need to add a few more songs to the collection you have to make a new torrent and scrap the old one and if some people are half way through downloading and you scrap the torrent, thats it, it cuts them off. And you have to take in one of the biggest considerations of all this.. Do you have any ideas how long it would take MOST users to download a file that size?? And what happens if one tiny bit of the file gets corrupted during download ( happens ALL the time ) the user then has to re-download the entire file again.. Not fun by any means, especially if you only have a 2/5/10 mbit connection ( some people still have dial up too )
Its pretty safe to say having one MASSIVE bundle of songs ( the kinda sizes your talking about ) is NOT the way to go about it.. its been done before and it wasnt the greatest way to deal with it.
DesecratedStudios

Postby DesecratedStudios » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Well then why don't we just create/and or start to update that song list thread with ACTUAL links that work so people don't get all disappointed when they click on the song they really want. But i understand that it would be a big file, you could probably put it into a torrent file and also compress it to a smaller size but it would still be massive.. Thanks for the comment though man!
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:37 pm

DesecratedStudios wrote:Well then why don't we just create/and or start to update that song list thread with ACTUAL links that work so people don't get all disappointed when they click on the song they really want.
Thats exactly what some people ARE doing.. Note the other posters in this thread, such as puppetz have already said they are re-upping the songs they did. It just takes time.. Everyone who is interested in getting their songs online again are doing just that. but most of the big song makers have hundreds of songs which takes a while to upload.
DesecratedStudios

Postby DesecratedStudios » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:12 am

Makes sense, well i guess i will just have to wait until everything is re-uploaded then. Thanks for responding :)

*I realized that most of them were trying to re-upload stuff, i just figured most of it would be done by now (it's been like 2 years since i checked the forum). Just nevermind :)*

Return to “Thoughts ?”