Ideas for "FoFiX" 5

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
alarian

Ideas for "FoFiX" 5

Postby alarian » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:16 pm

FoFiX is probably the most developed rythm game in the world.

It's possible capabilities are close to unmatched.
Just stop and think for a second about where this package of code has gotten.

When I started, there were some alpha-mode (at best) modifications to FoF (probably the least charismatic game in the world).
They made the game less painful to look at if you were looking for a Guitar Hero clone.

I found Frets on Fire after having played Guitar Hero 3 at a friend's house. I bought GH3 for PC as soon as possible, but my computer was too much crap for me to play it. So I looked for alternatives and found Frets on Fire.
My girlfriend wanted to play too though, but she didn't like it because there were no famous songs, it crashed sometimes and it looked like crap.

Some days later, I found this forum, and I found some mods. I didn't care much for any but the GH3 mods, because I wanted to be able to play it with my girlfriend...
I can't really recall which mods I tried first but I remember they were all very unstable. Coffe's mod was the one I liked best.

It was just that there was so much stuff I wanted done with it! Coffe wasn't exactly around to take requests and all the other mods were moving slow. I had very little knowledge in Python, but I realised that if I wanted something done, I would have to do the job myself.
I think I sat for about 80 hours or so in a week, learning by doing, reading documentation of Python and correcting my mistakes.
I wanted to fix alot of stuff at the same time and make a big release with many changes from Coffe's mod, so that people would notice my mod in all the static of other very popular mods. I didn't have hundreds of posting counts and all, so who reads a post about some no name posting his crap unstable noob mod when there are already better ones.

Well, most of you know the story from there. I worked on the mod for a while, then MFH became a significant contributor and we worked alongside for some time. Then I got less and less time available to work on it and MFH took it over.

The mod went from Alarian to Alarian-MFH to MFH and later on, FoFiX

And just think of everything that's been accomplished since then.

What's missing?

Well, I think FoFiX v.5 could focus on something else than the guitar. Rythm and Music.
The game should keep on evolving as long as there are people willing to take it to the next version.

Dance game
Step game
Band game
Singing karaoke game
DJ game

But I've always thought about the real next level.
Because all of the above already exist.

A game based on real instruments.

Some argue that such a game would be too hard.
Well, that's a challenge rather than an obstacle...
My music
blazingamer

Re: Ideas for "FoFiX" 5

Postby blazingamer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Sup alarian, been awhile. As for your ideas, all those other modes can be found as other games, the closest you can get to having all of them in one is a wonderful program called Performus, which is kind of in the state of which FoF was: stable, functional, but not to appealing to the eyes.

As for the real instruments thing, there's always Tab-o-tron with alternative being pro-mode guitar/drums. I would like it if we could get pro-instruments working sometime soon since PhaseShift already has it done, in fact they could probably help us in figuring out how to do some of the reading of notes.
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 pm

About it becoming a dance game, there has been much discussion over merging with Stepmania. There is a meeting on Saturday about it.
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
Xorengood6

Postby Xorengood6 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:49 pm

You have to add a piano like in Rock Band 3
Noob Fretter
demoj

Postby demoj » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:14 pm

sonicandshadow97 wrote:About it becoming a dance game, there has been much discussion over merging with Stepmania. There is a meeting on Saturday about it.

How could FoFiX b turned into a dance game?
Fretting Achievements
9th Place/9 - 2010 March Competition
15th Place/20 - 2010 April Competition
13th Place/15 - 2010 May Competition
14th Place/15 - 2010 June Competition
19th Place/20 - 2010 July Competition
17th Place/20 - 2010 August Competition
15th Place/15 - 2010 September Competition
| Demoj's Request List (Over 250 Songs That Needs Fretting)
| Demoj's Achievement List *SEE HOW U RANK*
| Demoj's List Of Completed Songs (37 Songs)
| Demoj's Low Quality Hero (43/69 Songs Completed)
I luv Fallout!!!
sonicandshadow97

Postby sonicandshadow97 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:23 pm

I dunno, but they are discussing it tomorrow.
Image Image
Check out my songs. My most recent one is On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater (Soon to be upped) And I am working on The Mob Rules by Adrenaline Mob.
Beechwood Aged
devilfingers

Postby devilfingers » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:15 am

heres an idea MAKE IT WORK!!!! LAG LAG LAG MEM LEAK LAG LEAK LEAK LAG game sucks !!Alarian not worth it man youve done all that can be done ! why polish up turds?
ODG :angry:
;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:00 am

devilfingers wrote:heres an idea I SHOULD STFU!!!! WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE My comp sucks !!

*fixed*
Noob Fretter
demoj

Postby demoj » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:51 am

lol yes
Fretting Achievements
9th Place/9 - 2010 March Competition
15th Place/20 - 2010 April Competition
13th Place/15 - 2010 May Competition
14th Place/15 - 2010 June Competition
19th Place/20 - 2010 July Competition
17th Place/20 - 2010 August Competition
15th Place/15 - 2010 September Competition
| Demoj's Request List (Over 250 Songs That Needs Fretting)
| Demoj's Achievement List *SEE HOW U RANK*
| Demoj's List Of Completed Songs (37 Songs)
| Demoj's Low Quality Hero (43/69 Songs Completed)
Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Fofix 4 has been only released in an unsteady Alpha, how did you guys come up with Fofix 5?
ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:44 pm

These are just ideas Neostriker
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:41 am

devilfingers wrote:heres an idea MAKE IT WORK!!!! LAG LAG LAG MEM LEAK LAG LEAK LEAK LAG game sucks !!Alarian not worth it man youve done all that can be done ! why polish up turds?

Seriously, STFU, GTFO and get a better computer. :glare:

And welcome back alarian, though we actually never talked together in this forum(because I was too late into the party...), but yeah, you're awesome, never thought that you are actually a newbie in Python when you're doing Alarian Mod. By the way, about that rhythm game thing, nwru, and the others had discussed about making FoF a revolutionary rhythm game, a complete package full of musics-oriented game(dance, guitar, drum, etc.) with those guys from SMO, StepMania Online community. I actually enjoy both SM and FoF because I simply love rhythm games, and I'm only good in this kind of games. And about games with real instruments, there are plenty of them out there, though I haven't seen one for guitar, RB3 pro-mode isn't completely real, since it's still using button, even though it looks like a real guitar, but, still...(not sure about keyboards) Drums, a lot out there, like DTXMania, just use MIDI drums to get it work.

Well, actually, I have been wondering about this, and I thought I asked a question few years back, it came out like this:
How can Frets On Fire have drums because drums have no frets?!?!?!?!?!?!

Haha, and I'm still thinking the same thing right now, changing the name won't do any good, because all names that will come out will sound stupid(yeah, I know). :tongue2:

P.s. Oh, nice new avatar btw. I totally forgot about your old avatar, kind of miss it though.
F*ckin' duck!!!
danieli99

Postby danieli99 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:37 pm

You know, I wouldn't like FoFiX to become a dance game but I think that a new version of FoFiX with less delay when testing the controls would be great.

My Current Projects: Bruce Dickinson's Discography | DJDG Hero
Other Songs: Harry Gregson-Williams - To Aslan's Camp |
Various Other Projects Which I Helped With: Iron Maiden Discography | Megadeth Discography
Latest Song Fretted: A.S.A.P. - Silver and Gold
My Themes: The Who Theme | Queen Theme
My Song Thread: DJDG's Song Thread
My Twitter Page: Tweet/Follow Me!
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:16 am

The ideas that are being combined with SMO and the FoF community will be the most awesome stuff anybody has seen in a rhythm based game platform, ever.

I would love to see so many more rhythm games come together like that.

Think about this: someday, somebody will upload a YouTube video of somebody dancing on a dance pad, playing pro guitar, and singing all at the same time. The day I see that, i will sit at my computer desk, and nod in satisfaction.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)
The one, the only, the fretter of The Barebones.

Spoiler:Facebook

jjohnson91

Postby jjohnson91 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Dude no offense but I want your girlfriend.
My last girl actually broke up with me because of Rock Band. lol (she hated it)

Return to “Thoughts ?”