Online Multiplayer

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
back from the dead
thebocaj

Re: Online Multiplayer

Postby thebocaj » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:51 pm

fatdog wrote:the hit windows were never to tight, just a bug that screwed with certain hardware that caused some lag with the hit system, was basically just broken if you were effected by that bug, and obviously if u were having this issue calibration would do nothing to help

Ohhh, so that's why it did that. Sucks that it's a hardware-related problem though. :sad:
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:33 am

well its not a problem anymore
Sh*tty Guitarist
Shredin0id

Postby Shredin0id » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:14 am

Actually I'm not a very big fan of Phase Shift. And yes I tried it out. The main reason why is because it lags more than fofix (seriously I actually thought fofix used more resources.) I tried lowering the antializing quality and using the 2d background but the fretboard still skips or chops up a little through the song. It isn't a major problem I guess but it's not as fun as fof. The hit window isn't a problem though since I can just put it on drunk mode. Any people who have had this problem but fixed it?
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:32 am

Both games run smooth for me but PS has calibrating issue for me, but that's an old version(0.76). I thought of updating it but like you said, I too, have to admit that it's not as fun as FoF.
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:09 am

well there isn't a huge amount for us to do with the performance side anymore, noone has reported evidence of performance related bugs in any recent versions, some people may need to toggle vsync if you haven't tried that or people running apps on a secondary monitor on a multidisplay system can cause lag, but other than that if you can't run it nicely then there is a good chance you simply don't meet minimum spec for the game

it does have a more advanced base that requires some gpu power, but we have been surprised that some people have had it running on far weaker systems than we ever planned for

on the fun side, personally i have fun from the added challenge, im a drum player and real drums beats basic drums any day, real guitar is more educational than fun to me but rewarding in its own way. Playing songs in practice mode beyond 100% speed is probably some of the most fun i've had in a rhythm game for years, and obviously multiplayer is lots of fun so personally i feel completely the opposite, but different strokes for different folks, have fun playing whatever you feel happy to play
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:23 am

if the online multiplayer has some kind of lobby and supports dedicated servers, then it'd be hell lots of fun, plus with the keyboard mode.
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:13 am

it does
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:51 pm

but i think he meant that it'd be nice if there WAS a dedicated server... like, you could just play with people and not have to join a group of somebody who can port forward...
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:00 pm

its all the same, how someone runs the servers isn't a game feature
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:16 pm

I think he means an official permanent server that any user could expect to be able to use. That might be too much to ask for though, unless there are hosting services out there with cheap/free game server hosting.
fatdog

Postby fatdog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:33 pm

there is nothing stopping anyone doing this if they have the resources to do so, but a single server won't be enough for everyone, as forgiving as the game is for lag there are limits to what it can deal with before things start to screw up, servers are best kept regional
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:30 pm

there is nothing stopping anyone doing this if they have the resources to do so, but a single server won't be enough for everyone, as forgiving as the game is for lag there are limits to what it can deal with before things start to screw up, servers are best kept regional
Maybe we could go P2P if Python would allow it (which I think in that respect is possible, considering the program Nicotine is written in Python)?

Davey
Knucklesiscool

Postby Knucklesiscool » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:50 am

wolf8265 wrote:yea but...phase shift...kinda*cough*REALLY*cough* sucks just sayin :/

what your coughing are you sick.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 am

Knucklesiscool wrote:
wolf8265 wrote:yea but...phase shift...kinda*cough*REALLY*cough* sucks just sayin :/

what your coughing are you sick.

Everyone has opinions, no need to start assuming they have a cold. ;)
On the other hand if he does, he should take something :P
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “Thoughts ?”