Palm mute button

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
NBSRDan

Palm mute button

Postby NBSRDan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Hypothetical feature: A new effects button, separate from Killswitch and Pitchbend, optimally the 0 key or one of the tone knobs. If pressed while strumming a note or holding a sustained note, the volume of the guitar (or bass/rhythm if applicable) track lowers to -60dB over the course of 0.25 seconds, unless the button is tapped briefly and then let go of before 0.25 seconds have passed, in which case the volume only lowers partway. If a note is hit while palm mute is in effect, the volume jumps back to 100% instantly, only lowering again if the button is still held (or if a note is missed).
Silencer

Re: Palm mute button

Postby Silencer » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:03 pm

What for...?
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:21 pm

Fun? New effect?

I don't see the point of killswitch/whammy, but it's still there.

Interesting idea though Dan.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
NBSRDan

Postby NBSRDan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Silencer wrote:What for...?

The same reason whammy works on non-overdrive notes: A fun little extra to toy around with.

Though in theory there could be overdrive or other point rewards for palm-muting at certain times, and perhaps even notes that (as an optional setting of course) demand the palm mute button be held down when you hit them, just as there are notes that demand the strum button be pressed as they scroll over the frets.
É UMA BANANA!
caramba2654

Postby caramba2654 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:03 pm

NBSRDan wrote:

The same reason whammy works on non-overdrive notes: A fun little extra to toy around with.

Though in theory there could be overdrive or other point rewards for palm-muting at certain times, and perhaps even notes that (as an optional setting of course) demand the palm mute button be held down when you hit them, just as there are notes that demand the strum button be pressed as they scroll over the frets.

This could be cool in auto-sustained notes... Like death_au say.
HURRY! Click that image and give me an internet! PUT A KEEP ARE YOU!
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:17 pm

caramba2654 wrote:
NBSRDan wrote:

When did Death_au post here?
mogwais

Postby mogwais » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:21 am

Seems like it could end up working sort of odd on a lot of songs that already have palm muted parts (quite a bit of songs, depending on the genre).. But overall, doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to add to the game.

I don't think I'd personally use it, though.. Just because I use the xbox360 X-Plorer controller and don't really have a spar button on the guitar I could hit comfortably to do it =\
My song thread! Updated daily!Over 70 Songs!
Crystal Castles Album!
Current Goals
-Complete all of the song awards in the World Starpower Chart (wembly)
-Obtain a total of 2000 gold stars
-Have a combined total of 1000 downloads of the charts I've made (currently 500-600)
É UMA BANANA!
caramba2654

Postby caramba2654 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:56 am

RedShadow wrote:
caramba2654 wrote:
NBSRDan wrote:The same reason whammy works on non-overdrive notes: A fun little extra to toy around with.

When did Death_au post here?

He says (in other threads) that it would be cool to whammy sustained notes that are alto-sustained in the music, like in GH2 Freebird sustained red note before the solos.
HURRY! Click that image and give me an internet! PUT A KEEP ARE YOU!
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:48 pm

Do you mean my comment on the possibility of adding "whammy notes" where you get extra points for whammying a note that is whammied in the original?
Yeah, you could have palm mute notes that do a similar thing I guess.

Return to “Thoughts ?”