Drum trainer, sounds, and scoring

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Sarcastic recluse.
Iroken

Drum trainer, sounds, and scoring

Postby Iroken » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:48 pm

You know how RB has this mode implemented? You can play your own music through the Xbox and then start drumming along with it. I thought it'd be nice if FoFIX had this as well. You'd have the different drum kits, the metronome, and whatnot. If possible, you would allow FoFIX to select songs from your MP3 (or other random formats like OGG and WMA) library in your computer and let it play in the background.

Also, I've noticed that the drum sounds while in the game aren't the same as what RB2 had. The toms are a bit different and the green note sounds like a crash cymbal instead of the third tom. Would this be covered in FoFIX or the individual themes for it?

I've said this before in another thread, but the FoFIX scoring system is a lot different than RB2. The fail time is tons longer, and the score seems to be double or maybe more. I dunno about this one, but every note seems to have an equal fail value. RB says the red and bass notes are the most important. I was hoping for an option to have the game changed to RB scoring so it can be comparable and able to be posted legit on ScoreHero.
Lazy college grad with too much time on his hands and too much to do.
My song thread.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Drum trainer, sounds, and scoring

Postby raynebc » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:30 am

Iroken wrote:I've said this before in another thread, but the FoFIX scoring system is a lot different than RB2. The fail time is tons longer, and the score seems to be double or maybe more.

Then increase the difficulty, tighten the hit window, etc. The reason it's easier is because you're using easier, more forgiving settings.

I dunno about this one, but every note seems to have an equal fail value. RB says the red and bass notes are the most important.

Never heard of this before. Anybody have any evidence to support this?

I was hoping for an option to have the game changed to RB scoring so it can be comparable and able to be posted legit on ScoreHero.

They won't accept another game's score as equivalent to a console game score, so don't hold your breath.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:02 am

Iroken wrote:Also, I've noticed that the drum sounds while in the game aren't the same as what RB2 had. The toms are a bit different and the green note sounds like a crash cymbal instead of the third tom. Would this be covered in FoFIX or the individual themes for it?

At the moment these sounds are in data/sounds and not defined by any theme. You can change these sounds if you want though. There are future plans to make these sounds themeable.
Iroken wrote:I've said this before in another thread, but the FoFIX scoring system is a lot different than RB2. The fail time is tons longer...
This is an issue. The fail time seems to be somewhat dependent on the performance of the machine. Ironically if you had a better machine you would be more likely to fail quicker.
FoFiX issue 661
Iroken wrote:... and the score seems to be double or maybe more.
I recall some discussion on this back in the Alarian/MFH-mod days. Each note hit was worth more than in the console games. ...I also seem to remember something about the RB/GH scoring systems being different (I could be wrong though). All in all it was decided not to change the scoring system and potentially screw up everyone's scores.
But perhaps it is time to rethink that...
Sarcastic recluse.
Iroken

Postby Iroken » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:37 pm

This is an issue. The fail time seems to be somewhat dependent on the performance of the machine. Ironically if you had a better machine you would be more likely to fail quicker.
FoFiX issue 661

Yeah, it turns out the FPS limiter was making a huge difference. Now that I have it set to unlimited, it's failing me really fast. Not sure if it's the same as RB, but it's definitely closer.

-edit-

Also, I noticed that the lefty mode in FoFIX is screwed up. It's just the frets flipped around so the green is on the left and the red is on the right. When I hit the red normally on my drum kit, it registers on the right side and vice-versa. In RB, the frets are still normal, but the notes coming towards you are flipped.
Lazy college grad with too much time on his hands and too much to do.
My song thread.

Return to “Thoughts ?”