open strum for bass

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
beebe

open strum for bass

Postby beebe » Tue May 26, 2009 10:47 pm

It would be really cool to see open strums in bass parts like in GHWT/metallica. It's pretty much the best part of playing bass in those games.

Spoiler:

Image"I. F*cking. Love. Penguins!"

NBSRDan

Re: open strum for bass

Postby NBSRDan » Wed May 27, 2009 6:10 am

If open-string notes are ever implemented, they should exist for every string instrument, not just bass.
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Wed May 27, 2009 7:46 am

This was made by h3r1n6 in his Hering Mod, but he removed it because of lack of use/problems with charts.
infectedsanity

Postby infectedsanity » Wed May 27, 2009 11:26 am

I only think that the open note is good for bass. If the guitar had the open note, it would make solos and chords much more complicated.
~Adam~ \m/_(-_-)_\m/
qba767

Postby qba767 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Open note as sixth fret is the future :) Remember that drums need that six fret as orange cymbal too :)
More Metal?
0vrk1ll

Postby 0vrk1ll » Fri May 29, 2009 1:44 pm

infectedsanity wrote:I only think that the open note is good for bass. If the guitar had the open note, it would make solos and chords much more complicated.

you got a point however in my own opinion,that would make it a little more 'realistic',as in some sounds on all instruments just make more sence as an open note,in relation to how a real instrument would be played.Harder a bit to play in some spots....give'er
......Only way to feel the noise is when its good and loud.........
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Fri May 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Ah, you must mean FoFiX issue 255.

You know, issue trackers, stars, expressing interest in a relevant location, etc.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri May 29, 2009 11:05 pm

qba767 wrote:Open note as sixth fret is the future :) Remember that drums need that six fret as orange cymbal too :)

Nooooooo thank you
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
beebe

Postby beebe » Sat May 30, 2009 5:19 pm

0vrk1ll wrote:
infectedsanity wrote:I only think that the open note is good for bass. If the guitar had the open note, it would make solos and chords much more complicated.

you got a point however in my own opinion,that would make it a little more 'realistic',as in some sounds on all instruments just make more sence as an open note,in relation to how a real instrument would be played.Harder a bit to play in some spots....give'er

It would be practically pointless to have an open strum for guitar, because its very rare to have an open strum on lead. However, on bass it happens often enough to have one. It would add more realism and difficulty to the bass part.

Spoiler:

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sat May 30, 2009 8:03 pm

In songs where the bass has a lot of open string, the guitar usually has just as much. Really.

Open string also implies that you are trying to associate every note with a specific string and fret. There are 4 strings, so what if you are going from open string on 1st string to open on 2nd? It's god damn stupid.
beebe

Postby beebe » Sun May 31, 2009 1:10 am

vedicardi wrote:In songs where the bass has a lot of open string, the guitar usually has just as much. Really.

Open string also implies that you are trying to associate every note with a specific string and fret. There are 4 strings, so what if you are going from open string on 1st string to open on 2nd? It's god damn stupid.

With lead guitar open strums are only with chords, open strums not in chords almost never happen. In bass you open strum the first string, its the lowest note you can play, that's generally the idea behind the open strum.

Spoiler:

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun May 31, 2009 1:32 am

are you **** me? Look at ANY metallica song or any song by a thrash band or ANY metal band for that matter. There is a **** load of open strums.
beebe

Postby beebe » Sun May 31, 2009 4:39 am

vedicardi wrote:are you **** me? Look at ANY metallica song or any song by a thrash band or ANY metal band for that matter. There is a **** load of open strums.

Ok so the guitarists that can play those songs have no idea what they are talking about when they say that open strums never happen, except in chords. K.

Spoiler:

変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun May 31, 2009 5:49 pm

um what
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:54 pm

vedicardi wrote:In songs where the bass has a lot of open string, the guitar usually has just as much. Really.

I think in GHWT and GHM, the only notes you play open string are the lowest string open strums, so the higher strings are just ordinary notes.

Return to “Thoughts ?”