New FOF Project (6/9)

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: A New FoF Game

Postby acrox999 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:53 pm

This isn't a bad idea. We should try it. And see which is better. But, can this be called as a modification? Because porting the game to another language. Anyway, 3-4 players has been implemented and network play are being develop by Acadia(using C++ for the server). I agree with this.
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Sun May 17, 2009 1:22 am

acrox999 wrote:network play are being develop by Acadia(using C++ for the server)

when he shows more then graphics i'll believe it.
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 pm

lordhardware wrote:
acrox999 wrote:network play are being develop by Acadia(using C++ for the server)

when he shows more then graphics i'll believe it.

He has already put some demo servers to check if it works... He has another website for developing the game.

Well I think another FoF in C++ would be the best... better than python... So i Say Yes!
Stop arguing: "It's not possible noob.
Python rulez
Python can do everything"

Lets just wait, and lets see what happens... If you want to do it. Do It!
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Sun May 17, 2009 2:01 pm

Okay just stop the Acadia FoF:Live discussion, if that turns out to be anything that's awesome but some of us have our doubts and this thread was not made with that project in mind.

Anyway, as suggested, use SDL and try to use as much code from FoF as possible instead of reinventing the wheel. I really wish you the best of luck with this, but remember that this is not a one month project we're talking about!
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Sun May 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Azzco wrote:Anyway, as suggested, use SDL and try to use as much code from FoF as possible instead of reinventing the wheel. I really wish you the best of luck with this, but remember that this is not a one month project we're talking about!

Thanks to everyone for the support, i am working on it this second, i have a working xbox controller going right now. A lot of people locally think i cant pull this off.

I do not plan on rushing this project, i plan on taking my time and learning a lot from it. I do not expect to have this done anytime soon. i will be working on this pretty much my entire summer vacation too. I am excited to be doing this though, and especially after all the support i am seeing from you guys. I am doing this currently using SDL and i am going to take some examples from the FOF source, which i plan on using as a guide and reference. Which means major props and credit will be given to all the guys who helped make the original FOF.

I plan on starting up a website on FreeWebs to keep everyone updated on progress. I wont be making this site until i get some good progress done though. So keep posting about your thoughts because i am very interested to see what you guys have to say...
Full Time Fretter
hckyfrk2k7

Postby hckyfrk2k7 » Sun May 17, 2009 9:33 pm

Atticus2 wrote:
Azzco wrote:Anyway, as suggested, use SDL and try to use as much code from FoF as possible instead of reinventing the wheel. I really wish you the best of luck with this, but remember that this is not a one month project we're talking about!

Thanks to everyone for the support, i am working on it this second, i have a working xbox controller going right now. A lot of people locally think i cant pull this off.

I do not plan on rushing this project, i plan on taking my time and learning a lot from it. I do not expect to have this done anytime soon. i will be working on this pretty much my entire summer vacation too. I am excited to be doing this though, and especially after all the support i am seeing from you guys. I am doing this currently using SDL and i am going to take some examples from the FOF source, which i plan on using as a guide and reference. Which means major props and credit will be given to all the guys who helped make the original FOF.

I plan on starting up a website on FreeWebs to keep everyone updated on progress. I wont be making this site until i get some good progress done though. So keep posting about your thoughts because i am very interested to see what you guys have to say...

I, for one, am impressed by the new coders that are comin here and getting inspired to work on some new stuff... I wish you the best of luck
jake2k3 wrote:I think we've hit the point now where practicality has gone out the window and all this board is now is a "let's forget originality and work this sucker as close to an exact copy (of GH/RB) as possible" feeding frenzy.

New Song Awards Idea, Check It Out Here!
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sun May 17, 2009 10:59 pm

hckyfrk2k7 wrote:
Atticus2 wrote:

I, for one, am impressed by the new coders that are comin here and getting inspired to work on some new stuff... I wish you the best of luck

Yeah I second that. good luck dude :thumbup:
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

pimpinpalomo

Postby pimpinpalomo » Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

i really hope this project is a success :thumbup:
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:42 pm

Since this is so similar to FOF, i feel that i should call it something similar but then again i dont want to use something like "FOF (C++ Edition)"

I want a new, but similar name to FOF, does anyone have any ideas. Please post them here and i will be checking this when i get home tonight.

Everything is coming along great. I have a fully functional Keyboard and Joystick ( X-plorer Controller ) going. Tonight i will be working on sound and adding in a 2nd player. Soon i will be getting the site made on Freewebs, so thats why i ask for a new name. Anyways, see you guys later on tonight.

Just post your name suggestions here. Dont do it through PM. I want others to see them too.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Mon May 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Well there is Frets On Fire and Strings On Speed.. Picks On Plates?
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Azzco wrote:Well there is Frets On Fire and Strings On Speed.. Picks On Plates?

Haha, nah. I want it to be something similar to FOF, but different, a friend of mine was thinking about something with Key-tar (Guitar + Keyboard)
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Fret Frenzy?
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
pimpinpalomo

Postby pimpinpalomo » Mon May 18, 2009 4:48 pm

if this is going to include bass, drums, and vocals as well as guitar (maybe even keyboard?), then it should be named appropriately.

Atticus2 wrote:
Azzco wrote:Well there is Frets On Fire and Strings On Speed.. Picks On Plates?

Haha, nah. I want it to be something similar to FOF, but different, a friend of mine was thinking about something with Key-tar (Guitar + Keyboard)

how about "Key-tar Legends"?
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:27 pm

I was kind of looking for something with 3 syllables and a nice acronym.

What about "Key-tar Ablaze" - KTA?

Im stumped on a name.
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Tue May 19, 2009 3:27 am

Atticus2 wrote:I was kind of looking for something with 3 syllables and a nice acronym.

What about "Key-tar Ablaze" - KTA?

Im stumped on a name.

thats 4 syllables...

how about Keytar: Tactics (LOLOLOL)

no seriously, Frets A'Burning or Fab for short :P
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10