New FOF Project (6/9)

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Re: A New FoF Game

Postby Atticus2 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:02 am

lordhardware wrote:
Atticus2 wrote:I was kind of looking for something with 3 syllables and a nice acronym.

What about "Key-tar Ablaze" - KTA?

Im stumped on a name.

thats 4 syllables...

how about Keytar: Tactics (LOLOLOL)

no seriously, Frets A'Burning or Fab for short :P

Thats 4 syllables. =) haha.

But Frets A'Burning does have a nice sounds too it. It is easy on the tongue so you dont get mixed up on your words.
Full Time Fretter
hckyfrk2k7

Postby hckyfrk2k7 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 am

Atticus2 wrote:Since this is so similar to FOF, i feel that i should call it something similar but then again i dont want to use something like "FOF (C++ Edition)"

I want a new, but similar name to FOF, does anyone have any ideas. Please post them here and i will be checking this when i get home tonight.

Everything is coming along great. I have a fully functional Keyboard and Joystick ( X-plorer Controller ) going. Tonight i will be working on sound and adding in a 2nd player. Soon i will be getting the site made on Freewebs, so thats why i ask for a new name. Anyways, see you guys later on tonight.

Just post your name suggestions here. Dont do it through PM. I want others to see them too.

What about FOF 2? or have we already made that? LOL *waits for insults*
jake2k3 wrote:I think we've hit the point now where practicality has gone out the window and all this board is now is a "let's forget originality and work this sucker as close to an exact copy (of GH/RB) as possible" feeding frenzy.

New Song Awards Idea, Check It Out Here!
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:16 am

Why don't just Atticus Mod? Is this completely a new whole game? Not a mod? I know its written in a new language.
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:36 pm

acrox999 wrote:Why don't just Atticus Mod? Is this completely a new whole game? Not a mod? I know its written in a new language.

Well being that it is written in a new language will make it run differently. This is what i am anxious to find out. I want to see the effects that C++ puts on it. Better or for worse.

-Edit-
okay, so basiclly, this project is way to big for me to do on my own. So what i want to do is ask a few people to volunteer and make a team for this project.

So if you want to be apart of this team, please put your name and role that you want to be. Wel will need quite a few testers but also i do want some coders to help me. I will be making a list on the OP and display positions that are filled.
What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Re: FoF 2.0 Project (5/20)

Postby KTownEgghead » Wed May 20, 2009 9:39 pm

Alright, I'm all for testing :D

I might think of some things to help with, such as graphics. I'll come up with a few possible logos as well as some in-game graphics once I get some specifications on what it will look like.
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:47 pm

If you really want to get people involved in this project, publicly available version control is probably the way to go.

Anyone with a Google account can create a project on Google Code - you've probably seen how beneficial it has been to the FoFiX project.

I wouldn't call it "FoF 2.0" though...
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:18 pm

jstump91 wrote:I wouldn't call it "FoF 2.0" though...

I know, i really do not want to call it FOF 2.0, but i cant figure out another name. "Frets A'Burning" is my most favored out of any suggested. Please keep making suggestions and making Team suggestions/requests.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:25 pm

You should put unofficial there and contact Unreal Voodoo before saying FOF 2.0. Anyway, I'll be the tester and I'll help with graphics in any way I can. :wink:
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:26 am

KTownEgghead wrote:Alright, I'm all for testing :D

I might think of some things to help with, such as graphics. I'll come up with a few possible logos as well as some in-game graphics once I get some specifications on what it will look like.

acrox999 wrote:You should put unofficial there and contact Unreal Voodoo before saying FOF 2.0. Anyway, I'll be the tester and I'll help with graphics in any way I can. :wink:

Both of you have been added to Testers and Graphics.
I really need some coders who use VC++ by MS. I am using the SDL Libraries. Please contact me through E-mail or on here if you have any experience with C++ and you are interested in helping out.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: New FOF Project (5/20)

Postby amak11 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:32 am

I can do graphics and be a tester. I'm already working on FOF:live, so i might a ways help with this.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Thu May 21, 2009 9:00 am

Atticus2 wrote:[snip]
I really need some coders who use VC++ by MS. I am using the SDL Libraries. Please contact me through E-mail or on here if you have any experience with C++ and you are interested in helping out.

I assume portability is an afterthought, then.

If the Windows-specific code that has probably made its way into there already isn't too bad, it may not be too painful to make it portable again.

I don't use MSVC that much, preferring gcc, but I'd like to have a look at what's going on.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:38 pm

jstump91 wrote:
Atticus2 wrote:[snip]

I assume portability is an afterthought, then.

If the Windows-specific code that has probably made its way into there already isn't too bad, it may not be too painful to make it portable again.

I don't use MSVC that much, preferring gcc, but I'd like to have a look at what's going on.

well, i do want to make it availible to MAC and Linux but im not completly sure how to make this possible yet.
And you being one of the developers for FoF(iX), i will gladly show you some code when some actual progress gets done. I am working on making the menu right now. So hopefully i will have all the code for that done by the end of the week.
Spazz04

Postby Spazz04 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:30 pm

lordhardware wrote:
Atticus2 wrote:I was kind of looking for something with 3 syllables and a nice acronym.

Im stumped on a name.

thats 4 syllables...

Key-tar Player
Remember thy name ..
Atticus2

Postby Atticus2 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Spazz04 wrote:
lordhardware wrote:

Im stumped on a name.

thats 4 syllables...

Key-tar Player

For all who doesnt know (which is everyone) this is my coleege. He will be helping code the project out. We will try to keep everything as professional as possibe when it comes to conversations on the forums though.

I am acually liking "Frets A'Burning" now.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Re: New FOF Project (5/20)

Postby doomtron » Thu May 21, 2009 10:17 pm

If you need more testers put my name down. I think it would be awesome to test this.
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

Return to “Thoughts ?”