"PessStrat To Continue" menus and Song Previews? Anyone?

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

"PessStrat To Continue" menus and Song Previews? Anyone?

Postby angellinus » Thu May 07, 2009 10:10 pm

We could add the Press Start Button menu at the start of FoF(like RB ang GH) and if no one press start, for about 15 seconds maybe, there will be a song preview of a song in your library(Like GH), and it will let jurgen play depending how many instruments are there...(like the song only have guitar,bass, and vocals there will be 2 necks at the bottom and a vocal neck on top, previewing the notes of the random selected song)
Hasta la vista.
Flood1993

Re: "PessStrat To Continue" menus and Song Previews? Anyone?

Postby Flood1993 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:11 am

I think it could be done, but its kinda not necessary???
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:37 am

I don't think it would work like that. You would have to have a preview video or something. Also FOFix would have to have video support.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Theme/Vid/song maker
Ironman24

Postby Ironman24 » Sat May 09, 2009 5:56 am

i saw that i had a rock band picture in my fofix rb2 mod folder. the name is "start pic" ... so it should come when i start the game. but it doesnt :cursing:

here is the pic (i edited it to my dragonforce theme):

Spoiler:Image

My YouTube channel
over 160 subscribers! Add yours! Many fof, gh and music videos! :P customs. i can make videos. just pm me!
My CUSTOMSONGS!
my TWITTER .. and yeah, i make music!
brandon1107

Postby brandon1107 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:00 am

angellinus wrote:if no one press start, for about 15 seconds maybe, there will be a song preview of a song in your library(Like GH), and it will let jurgen play depending how many instruments are there...(like the song only have guitar,bass, and vocals there will be 2 necks at the bottom and a vocal neck on top, previewing the notes of the random selected song)

that would make it more like an arcade game
Full Time Fretter
hckyfrk2k7

Postby hckyfrk2k7 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:02 am

brandon1107 wrote:
angellinus wrote:if no one press start, for about 15 seconds maybe, there will be a song preview of a song in your library(Like GH), and it will let jurgen play depending how many instruments are there...(like the song only have guitar,bass, and vocals there will be 2 necks at the bottom and a vocal neck on top, previewing the notes of the random selected song)

LOL fine by me, I think this idea is pretty sweet
jake2k3 wrote:I think we've hit the point now where practicality has gone out the window and all this board is now is a "let's forget originality and work this sucker as close to an exact copy (of GH/RB) as possible" feeding frenzy.

New Song Awards Idea, Check It Out Here!
brandon1107

Postby brandon1107 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:17 am

hckyfrk2k7 wrote:
brandon1107 wrote:

LOL fine by me, I think this idea is pretty sweet

The start menu idea is fine. The preview thing is pointless because nobody is going to leave the game running on the start menu for longer than ten seconds.
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Sat May 09, 2009 6:07 pm

perviews would be great... im making a guitarfreaks V3 theme and would love this.

1000 posts! woo
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
Full Time Fretter
hckyfrk2k7

Postby hckyfrk2k7 » Sat May 09, 2009 6:25 pm

lordhardware wrote:1000 posts! woo

GRATZ! lol
jake2k3 wrote:I think we've hit the point now where practicality has gone out the window and all this board is now is a "let's forget originality and work this sucker as close to an exact copy (of GH/RB) as possible" feeding frenzy.

New Song Awards Idea, Check It Out Here!
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sat May 09, 2009 9:27 pm

lordhardware wrote:1000 posts! woo

Ladys and Gentlemen, ego boosting at it's finest :p.

Anyways, I'm all for anythnig that gives the game a unique flair. If we're going this route, why not make it like an arcade game? Pressing start could emulate dropping a quarter in and it could make the fancy "plunk" sound and show "Credits one" before taking you to the main menu.

Edit: By the by, is it supposed to read "Press Start", "Press Strat" or "Pess Strat"... :ohmy:
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Dr. Wooldoor is in.
guitarfreak93

Postby guitarfreak93 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:14 pm

lol at the press strat thing but I think it is a great idea and I agree the demo vid thing is pointless but it should be added just for legitimacy... but besides the point a whole intro would be hot. Think about it, you open it up. A short loading screen comes up(Or no loading screen at all) and then a short maybe minute long vid comes up showing game play, creators, and other info. Just like the real thing lol.
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Sat May 09, 2009 10:37 pm

guitarfreak93 wrote:lol at the press strat thing but I think it is a great idea and I agree the demo vid thing is pointless but it should be added just for legitimacy... but besides the point a whole intro would be hot. Think about it, you open it up. A short loading screen comes up(Or no loading screen at all) and then a short maybe minute long vid comes up showing game play, creators, and other info. Just like the real thing lol.

it would be cool to have customisability (ie for themers or career makers)
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:51 pm

I think we may just do this. (I like the idea, at least.)

Maybe after a certain amount of time it could pick a song at random and start playing it with all Jurgens, returning to the start screen immediately upon any input event.

If at some point in the future we happen to support video playback, we will add support for an intro video too.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?

Return to “Thoughts ?”