Bass pedal kick and movement

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Sarcastic recluse.
Iroken

Bass pedal kick and movement

Postby Iroken » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Well, I don't know if you guys are working on this in the alpha version, but I was wondering when it would be possible to have the fretboard shift up when a bass kick is made. I think the way it is in Rock Band is that when you hit a note, the board goes up and the kick area flashes yellow. But when there is no note and you use the pedal, it doesn't move the board but still has the flash.

That would make the game a little more realistic. And easier to tell when you actually hit a bass note.
Lazy college grad with too much time on his hands and too much to do.
My song thread.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Re: Bass pedal kick and movement

Postby jstump91 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Iroken wrote:Well, I don't know if you guys are working on this in the alpha version, but I was wondering when it would be possible to have the fretboard shift up when a bass kick is made. I think the way it is in Rock Band is that when you hit a note, the board goes up and the kick area flashes yellow. But when there is no note and you use the pedal, it doesn't move the board but still has the flash.

That would make the game a little more realistic. And easier to tell when you actually hit a bass note.

I just went and added that to FoFiX on the spur of the moment after seeing this post. (r1304) Quite a good idea to give drumming a slightly more natural feeling.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Sarcastic recluse.
Iroken

Re: Bass pedal kick and movement

Postby Iroken » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Awesome. Can't wait to see that in action.
So when is the next official FoFIX release coming out?
Lazy college grad with too much time on his hands and too much to do.
My song thread.

Return to “Thoughts ?”