Party Coop

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Azzco

Party Coop

Postby Azzco » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:18 pm

Basically party mode combined with rock band coop.

Imagine 4 persons wanting to play FoF at the same time. It's impossible right now but swapping players mid game has worked before (although with player1/2 controller switch).

Let's divide the players into two groups, guitar and bass, and call the players bass1/2 and guitar1/2.

Take all the game play from rock band coop, and add a timer like we already have in party mode. Since players will have to switch controllers during this time (guitar1 hands over the controller to guitar 2), a small amount of time will have to be added. I think that letting Jurgen step in for a few seconds while a countdown is displayed should be enough.

Anyone got any opinion on this?

It shouldn't be too hard to implement but I think that a discussion would be good before it's attempted.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
oed

Re: Party Coop

Postby oed » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:39 pm

P1 and P2 each has "alternative controls" right? So if it switched to the alternative control setups you should be able to use 2 keyboards and 2 guitars or somthing like that..
ImageImage
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:49 pm

True, but in most cases you won't have more than 2 controllers and that should probably be a option. "Hey guys party at my house, bring your controllers" sounds a little awkward IMO :cool: .
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
pimpinpalomo

Postby pimpinpalomo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:10 am

this is a great idea. i think that a 5 second countdown should start after the timer ends, so you have enough time to switch players. that way, it wont screw up your note streak. with party mode, you can already play with as many players as you want, but only one at a time. unlike the original party mode, you wont be able to switch from player 1 to player 2. instead, it will switch from player 1 to player 1 alternate and player 2 to player 2 alternate. or you could use the countdown to switch controllers if you dont have 4 controllers total. i believe it should be an option.

there is no need to create separate controls for the bass/rhythm guitar.
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:35 am

Azzco wrote:True, but in most cases you won't have more than 2 controllers and that should probably be a option. "Hey guys party at my house, bring your controllers" sounds a little awkward IMO :cool: .

Seems perfectly logical to me. I bring my own multi-taps and controllers when I go over to a friends house to play games.

I think this is an awesome idea. Kind of like a battle of the bands type thing.
moe~ moe~ kyun~!
FullMetaru

Postby FullMetaru » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Well, if party mode is possible, why not sort of a 2 players-at-the-same-time mode ala Rock Band? For instance, Drums+Guitar or Drums+Bass at least for now. I'm sure most people's monitors are big enough to accommodate at least 2 necks.

EDIT:
NVM... never even tried MP lol...

Return to “Thoughts ?”