FoF For PS3

What would you like to see added or fixed in FOF?
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
That's what she said
polloloco

FoF For PS3

Postby polloloco » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:09 pm

Hey is it possible to port FOF for PS3 as homebrew or something???? This would be so juicy.
Azzco

Re: FoF For PS3

Postby Azzco » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Considering how easy it is to boot up a linux distro on it, the answer would be yes. Not native ps3 game, just the same old thing running on a guest OS.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:49 pm

If there's GNU/Linux for PS3 (which, of course, there is) it'll probably run nicely under that.

Python is an interpreted language, so there just needs to be an implementation of Python and the necessary modules for the platform. The GNU/Linux distros I have seen that run on PS3 probably have all of the necessary things, and if not, they certainly have the tools needed to compile said things.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:15 pm

The PS3 has all the hardware, and requirements. If you would've started talking about Wii. or ps2 it would probably be out of the question (I don't think that the PS2 has a CPU that would be able to handle more than games, the PS3 has a much stronger CPU AFAIK).
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:26 pm

It's doable, but with one or two catches:

1: You'd have to recode it for a PowerPC distro (CELL = PowerPC on roids)
OR
2: You'd need the CSDK (CELL SDK)
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm assuming we're still talking about booting up a linux distro on the PS and run FoF on it...

Wait wait what? the PS3 runs with PPC archi? In any case that should'nt require any rework, as python runs on PPC as well.. The modules will most likely not be affected by architechture..

What's CSDK? After a very quick glance at wikipedia I get the idea that that would not really affect if FoF would run or not.

I do not own a PS3 myself, and I haven't looked into this I only know that guest OS's have successfully been installed on it.
That's what she said
polloloco

Postby polloloco » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:22 pm

I was talking more among the lines as a homebrew type game that I can just access by going to the game folder and then just playing it.
KrazzyKlown

Postby KrazzyKlown » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:19 am

polloloco wrote:I was talking more among the lines as a homebrew type game that I can just access by going to the game folder and then just playing it.

then the answer is no.
i CHOKE so bad :(
Vugo

Postby Vugo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:41 am

polloloco wrote:I was talking more among the lines as a homebrew type game that I can just access by going to the game folder and then just playing it.

Obviously not. It would be the same if i ask you the question "Can i run the Wii games on my 360?". You are trying to run different platform of games on the default of the system.

Like they sayd, if you want to play it, you will need to install a Linux for PS3, and then there will be a chance to play it.

Oh yes, and why in the hell you want FoF? PS3 got Rock Band and Guitar Hero LOL...
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:58 am

Everyone's got their reasons for wanting to play FoF. (mine being that the controllers feels horrible when compared to my keyboard.)

In any case this is going OT. Unless anyone has anything to say about homebrew games in general, and how FoF could be ported, I don't think that there's any need to reply.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:15 pm

you would either have to install linix on your ps3 or rewrite it in java. But i seriously think no ones going to re create the game. i'll look around and see how other games are ported
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

amich45

Postby amich45 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Vugo wrote:Oh yes, and why in the hell you want FoF? PS3 got Rock Band and Guitar Hero LOL...

I'm pretty sure GH and RB cost a lot more..... LOL
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:00 pm

I won't try homebrews unless they are guaranteed to work
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “Thoughts ?”